Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Regent (SG)  (Read 3640 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Regent (SG)
« on: July 22, 2014, 08:13:49 pm »

A messenger has come. He gives his name as Samuel, an hands you a letter with the Principalities seal.

The letter reads,

To ((Characters Name and/or title)),

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Okay now the Character sheet:

Name:
Reason(s) for Appointment: Can be because of Good Military service, Enlightening scholar, Tactful Diplomat, or Shrewd Merchant.

You can only pick one reason and it will give you a +1 or +2 on your rolls. I'll be using a D20 by the way for our success rolls. Good luck and please go easy on me i'm new at this. :-[

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Regent (SG)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 09:24:45 pm »

Vencarlo Barsavi.
Male.
Scholar.

(I had to make a Gentleman Bastard reference.)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 09:27:37 pm »

Name: Marquise Laetitia
Appointment: Shrewd Merchant

I made us a Marquise, as even an influental person is somewhat unlikely to advance to a much higher rank than they held at birth. Or rather, I would have been under the impression that regents were almost exclusively closely related to the crown, most likely from the family branch next in line ( as in, Aunt, Uncle, Cousin of the Crown-Holder).

Out of interest, will this be more about us running the country, or will there be some "Princess Maker" elements as well?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 09:38:14 pm »

I made us a Marquise, as even an influental person is somewhat unlikely to advance to a much higher rank than they held at birth. Or rather, I would have been under the impression that regents were almost exclusively closely related to the crown, most likely from the family branch next in line ( as in, Aunt, Uncle, Cousin of the Crown-Holder).

Out of interest, will this be more about us running the country, or will there be some "Princess Maker" elements as well?

Not sure how it worked URL but I'm sure there were exceptions just like anything involving power.

How players want to play is up to them. Also if anyone wants to vote or make a character please do so. Tomorrow morning I'll update this.

Oh an concerning the princess maker thing...I still don't know. If people want to interact with the princess, tutor her, or force her to marry you, then it'll be up to you, the players.

're writing this on my phone which uses auto correct a lot. Any more questions?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 10:27:47 pm by 3man75 »

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 09:58:13 pm »

+1, with the marked change.

Notice: Anyone who wants to directly support EL without the change, +1 his directly or through the last person to do so, obviously.
Take a closer look at this text!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 11:41:42 pm »

+1, with the marked change.
+1, with the re-marked change.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 06:00:11 pm »

I made us a Marquise, as even an influential person is somewhat unlikely to advance to a much higher rank than they held at birth. Or rather, I would have been under the impression that regents were almost exclusively closely related to the crown, most likely from the family branch next in line ( as in, Aunt, Uncle, Cousin of the Crown-Holder).

((Winner! I don't really care about age it's just fluff really.))

Re-Reading the letter and checking the stamp again and again you come to the conclusion that this letter IS for you. Although they did mis spell your last name to your frustration.

The Messenger Samuel speaks to you in a very tired voice, "Hey, Storms are brewing in the skies it'd be prudent to move now to the capital. Ready to hop on?"

He points to his carriage by a tree guarded by two men you recognize to be as Principe's, your nations Military members.

------

After packing and heading to the capital you reach the town of Manoir. It's small but lively as merchants peddle goods and Militia men from the local Baron patrol the streets with clubs seeking trouble makers.

Samuel parks by near the Town's Mayors house and introduces you to Humphrey. He greets you "Welcome Regent to my home. I've received the Governments request and prepared a room for you upstairs. If there is anything i or my servants can help you with do not hesitate to ask. Also as a token of good will, please take this gift to buy any personnel items in my town."

He hands you a pouch no bigger than the paw of your hand. You glimpse and count around 120 coins inside.

-----

((Okay, you can ask questions to the characters thus far or go out on the town to hear gossip and buy stuff...or anything else that may tinkle our characters fancy.))
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 09:19:27 pm by 3man75 »

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 10:56:52 am »

>Check Inventory.
I went there.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 06:19:25 pm »

>Check Inventory.
I went there.

You check your inventory and you have: One leather pouch with 120 gold coins and your letter of appointment.

((When you you say "going there" what did you mean? Also i think i should lock this since no one seems interested enough.))

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 06:24:27 pm »

>Weapons. Browse the shops for them.

Naaaah, give it a bit of time.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 07:32:41 pm »

((Meh. I'm done with school for now so i guess i'll put a bit more time on this. That or someone else makes something of my idea.))

You head to the market place with your gifted gold in search of weaponry. Do you ask around for the most economical shop or simply the best weapons you can get your hands on?

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 07:34:54 pm »

> The most practical yet reliable weapons.
None of that fancy decorated nonsense.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2014, 07:56:36 pm »

> The most practical yet reliable weapons.
None of that fancy decorated nonsense.

You ask around about practical weapons and are told to talk to a woman named Jacqueline, who they warn to be the biggest black arms weapons trafficker in the city. You're told that she can be contacted in the "Fancy Crows" tavern but that entry costs 20 gold for normal folk. You wager that you could use your name to bypass the bouncers but it could get ugly if people find out the Lord Regent is buying weapons from a criminal.

You could always just try some of the shops in the area.

((Btw how is it that people make spoilers for inventory or contacts? I know how to do them but naming is the problem for me  :-[))

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2014, 07:59:52 pm »

((Specifically what do you mean? Changing the name of the spoiler? Before the ] on the first spoiler, the one without the /, put an = and then whatever you want it to be called. You can quote this post to get a look at it.))

>Normal shops first. They should have practical weapons, too.

Spoiler: Not Inventory (click to show/hide)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2014, 08:12:22 pm »

((Specifically what do you mean? Changing the name of the spoiler? Before the ] on the first spoiler, the one without the /, put an = and then whatever you want it to be called. You can quote this post to get a look at it.))

>Normal shops first. They should have practical weapons, too.

Spoiler: Not Inventory (click to show/hide)

You check out some weapon shop labored by what seem the driest man you have ever to have laid eyes on. He had brown hair tied up in a pony tail. His attire looked as if it was run over by a herd of elephants, horses, carriages, and a Grand Military parade for the last years. As you look at him he snaps you out of your examination "Need something ma'am?".

He shows you is "Civilian approved weapons" to be Iron trowing knives at 10 coins per 5 knives, an elderly looking service sword that to your knowledge only army officers use for 95 gold, and some longish daggers that look to have..blood stains?

When you ask the man reduces his price down to 40 gold. You feel he's watching you much more intently now.

[spoiler Inventory]120 gold and your letter of appointment[/spoiler]

((new way of doing things?))
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 08:26:05 pm by 3man75 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4