Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Cyborg Weapon Smith (a weapon designer) 05 update.  (Read 9252 times)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cyborg Weapon Smith (a weapon designer)
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 07:33:21 am »

so it pretty much upgraded bolo round right?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 07:39:17 am »

A bit different, but might act as one.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 07:52:18 am »

maybe we can mod the AK to fire that bullet too.

Spoiler: AK LR (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 07:55:02 am by Varee »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2014, 07:53:19 am »

Yup, that's basically usable. Thanks.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 10:03:26 am »

Will post a suggestion later, but I must point out that the BMP - 1 is an IFV, and the for the T-62 you have the armor completely wrong. No tank has 242mm armor all around, that is the thickness of the turret's front armor and the actual armor thickness should be something around 70mm.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2014, 05:26:23 pm »

PTW!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2014, 05:45:26 pm »

When will we have a turn?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2014, 06:18:24 pm »

When will we have a turn?
Probably in a hour or so.

Will post a suggestion later, but I must point out that the BMP - 1 is an IFV, and the for the T-62 you have the armor completely wrong. No tank has 242mm armor all around, that is the thickness of the turret's front armor and the actual armor thickness should be something around 70mm.
Your right on the tanks armour and in BMP is part of the tank core due to politics (it has tracks and a 70mm gun), there still used as infantry fighting vehicles.

Starting a turn now,so i'll update in a hour or so.
Im aiming for turns ever day or two days if i need you to vote,just to keep things moveing.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2014, 06:48:22 pm »

Your right on the tanks armour and in BMP is part of the tank core due to politics (it has tracks and a 70mm gun), there still used as infantry fighting vehicles.
Most Cold War to modern IFVs have tracks, and high caliber main guns because that's what is the most effective for use, IFVs go across all kinds of terrain so tracks are kinda necessary and without the 70mm on the BMP it'd be a glorified truck. Tanks are specifically designed for front-line combat while IFVs are for an infantry transportation, and sometimes scout roles.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2014, 05:35:15 am »

weapons

After you late night move to your new base, you start work on some kind of net bullet.

Experiments on using bolos show that accuracy drops off quickly, in side 100 meters or less rounds spin wildly off target.

Adding extra bolos only make it drop faster, damage wise each segment needs to have a minim weight of 3 grams or so
it will risks having a segment not penetrate.

Useing the 12.7×108mm round from your tanks as a base you mange to get a nice net of six bolos that quickly spreads out to diameter of 30cms.
With a large up scaled kalashnikov action rifle you have a base to work from and soon it is ready for issue.

After finishing the finale design of the remote mines

The war quickly escalates as the Kedardoviastan bomber force harasses your army, striking with guided missiles and quickly withdrawing across the border before your MIGs can intercept them.

Clearly something need to be done but what?

Spoiler: Forces brake down (click to show/hide)

Small arms
-----------------

Spoiler: AK-47 (click to show/hide)

Tank Core
--------------
Spoiler: T-62 X 200 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: BMP-1 X 573 (click to show/hide)
-------------

Artillery
-------------

Spoiler: 122 mm howitzer X 45 (click to show/hide)

Air Force
-------------------
Half the air force was removed back in the early 90's and two thirds of remainder have been grounded over the years, due to a lack of parts and war damage.

Mil Mi-24 " Hind" helicopter gunship demilitarized transport X 25
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MiG-23 X 20 (click to show/hide)

Spy reports
----------------
Spoiler: Kedardovia (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Callatalenear (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kedardoviastan (click to show/hide)

Technology's mastered
----------------------
Laser weapons 1 / ?
Remote control 1 / ?

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2014, 05:56:37 am »

Let mount or space tank core with some Flak cannon
Spoiler: BMP1 AA (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: BMF 40 mm (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 05:58:25 am by Varee »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2014, 07:07:51 am »

Design acid rounds for our pistol: by introducing mini glass vials filled with our most reactive acid and surrounded by metal casing, on impact would spray the acid inside the wound of those shot, almost akin to hollow point rounds
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2014, 02:54:07 pm »

Work on a 40mm gun progresses rapidly, inside a few days you have a working weapon.

Spoiler: BMF 40 mm gun (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: BMF 40 mm round (click to show/hide)
---------
Your are undecided on how best to cycle the gun but after some work it is narrowed down to choice of 3.

1 Chain gun, using electric motors you can get a light gun that is capable of 250rpm and a total weight of 80 kg.
2 Linked gast action, by linking two guns together so that fireing one gun operates the mechanism of the other, you reckon it should it 3000rpm, total weight of 140 kg.
3 Gatling-type, using a large hydraulic motor to drive six barrels, it should manage a truly astounding 5900rpm, total weight of 350 KG.

Work on converting the BMP 1 for use as a gun transports goes quicky
Spoiler: BMP1 AA (click to show/hide)
Your still debating how many seats to replace for extra ammo storage.

Design acid rounds for our pistol: by introducing mini glass vials filled with our most reactive acid and surrounded by metal casing, on impact would spray the acid inside the wound of those shot, almost akin to hollow point rounds

Work on a special "Hot" round, is slowed down by the complex production as each round as to be made by hand under strict safety measures to prevent accidents.

But after a long week you have the first of your bullets filled with Sulfuric acid, your unsure why the voices told you to make them but made them you have.

Acid filled bullet
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The war grinds to a stand still as the Kedardoviastan advance is stop by a rapid thrust from your armored core that reclaims a pair of important railway bridges across the river kardocks from them.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2014, 02:58:03 pm »

Halberd bayonets
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2014, 02:59:52 pm »

Make a few power plants so we can power and build railgun cannons.

And gatling type, for the other gun.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6