Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 122516 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #525 on: July 27, 2014, 08:25:34 pm »

Talk with painted tribe about our habits, hiding nothing. And about tribe - not telling everything.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 28, 2014, 02:42:56 am »

...Sea shanties might help. SING THEM.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 28, 2014, 04:18:38 am »

sit in on the interrogation of the captives also if they end up dead ask for there bodys not to be grounded Into  paint I wish to perform autopsys (don't say anything in the interrogation for now)
Request for the prisoners to remain alive, as they may be useful for bargaining leverage and diplomacy.

Make sure Elto continues to recover.

[/url][/b][/font][/color]
((Aw, thanks :) ))
i agree I meant if they do die I am not saying they should
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 28, 2014, 05:13:37 am »

ORDER THE TRIBE TO FLEE AND DISPERSE, ALSO TO RETURN BACK AFTER A FEW MONTHS

[3] You narrowly escape with your life along with a few other tribesmen, and you disperse in every direction, hoping to confound any pursuers. The rest, you believe, are now either killed or captured - you can try to rebuild from here, naturally, but it will be difficult.

[4] Fortunately, you should have no difficulty surviving in the wild. Especially if you move southward.

Bring out my sharp knife and cut it!

[6] Taking your sharpest knife in hand, you dig out your foot over a period of an hour, then slice the noose apart. What a strange trap this is, you think. Getting out of the hole, you ponder what to do now, when you notice that something appears to be moving in the woods around you.

Redirect the youth to trapping

[1] They respond readily to this instruction, but little do you know what this decision leads to - the group of twenty or so head out to trap animals, but only twelve of them return in the following days.

sit in on the interrogation of the captives also if they end up dead ask for there bodys not to be grounded Into  paint I wish to perform autopsys (don't say anything in the interrogation for now)

You sit in on the idiot and Lanku attempting to question the captives, all to little effect. Then Conrak arrives and... you can't really remember what happened next, just that you awoke the next morning with a headache.

>CONTINUE OBSERVING THIS STRANGE TRIBE FROM AFAR WHILST REMAINING UNSEEN
NOTE THEIR TRIBAL STRUCTURE, WHO THEY ARE LED BY AND WHAT THEY SPEND MOST TIME DOING

>REVIEW MY KNOWLEDGE OF THE AXE TRIBE, OUR TRADITIONS AND BELIEFS
ALSO CHECK INVENTORY. I HAVE PLENTY OF FOOD?

[5] You find that the tribe is not very much unlike your own, if smaller - they are led by a shaman, though their organization is loose and chaotic, to put it mildly. They do not seem to eat people (one of the defining customs of the Axe Tribe) as far as you can tell, although you do notice undercurrents of aggression in their behavior. They spend the most time dealing with various problems, it seems - for one, the other tribe in the area continually harassing them, stealing away their tribesmen and performing various similar acts that you can see. You also notice a familiar-looking person - the death worshiper who left your tribe a few months before you did. He opposed eating the dead for some reason, and wanted to bury them instead, and nobody wished to go along with this idea, which frustrated the man.

You currently have plenty of food and water, several axes, a spear, various other odds and ends. You are less naked than these tribesmen, and you find their customs slightly strange. Their fermented beverages interest you slightly. But otherwise they seem to be a fairly weak tribe, and harangued by the perils of the area continuously.

Make sure Elto continues to recover.

[5] Under your care, he makes a complete recovery by the end of the week.

Request for the prisoners to remain alive, as they may be useful for bargaining leverage and diplomacy.

[6] Conrak agrees not to booze them to death, and Chantutututu and Lanku agree not to idiot them to death. The latter ones may have been crossing their fingers behind their back, however.

Assist with the interrogation and bring Lanku if she wants!  Being interrogated by the tribe's idiot will surely put them off guard!

[3] They tell you and Lanku very little, evidently wise to your wily ways. You do realize they can speak your language reasonably well, and that they seem to be very much resigned to whatever fate awaits them.

"Hmm... Perhaps it is different for different plants."
Try uprooting my old plant and planting them here. When they grow enough take clippings and bury them myself.

[3] The plants do not grow as well as they did in the pot. In fact, they hardly grow at all. You wonder what the problem might be.

Try and make a paddle-powered fishing boat, using my raft making skills.

[3] You begin to work on a boat, soon realizing that this is going to be a fairly significant undertaking - it is very much unlike a raft in most respects aside from flotation. You wonder if Haphan's canoe-making skills would not come in handy here, but he seems to not be around. He's been gone for a while, actually.

Sneak into skulking tribe leader's abode under cover of darkness, press knife to his neck, make him quietly explain why they are taking out children. If things go south, kill all threats.

[5] Invisibly moving through the painted tribe's camp, you eventually find what you believe to be the chief's tent - sneaking inside, you find the chief asleep, and put a knife to his throat, then engage in some nightly questioning.

[2] The chief, thus threatened, calmly explains to you that his goal is to save the children, and nothing else.

I am Gonjabet Uthon, caravan merchant leader from a faraway land.

Establish trading post. Put exotic goods on display.

[2] You are Gonjabet Uthon, and your caravan has sadly spent all of their exotic goods on the way back from the south - right now you are loaded up on various objects of tribal art and similar knickknacks, as well as a set of tribal servants you acquired in return for a set of parchments inscribed with poetry - most of these goods you would be much better off unloading in your own home city far to the north. Nevertheless, you stop at the watering hole that is the Esthon Delta, only to find that a new tribe has moved in here since you passed by last year. They seem to be a tad poor and low in numbers, you deduce from afar. Perhaps you could persuade or maybe "persuade" some of them to come with you? After all, you have bronze weaponry and a set of guards to help out.

Captives! Conrak has no special experience with interrogation (apart from infrequently using his privilege to sit on the Council during scouting reports) but he DOES know one way to loosen tongues. Conrak enlists the aid of any given sober-sworn tribesperson, and proceeds to get rollicking drunk with the captives.

[1] You manage to persuade people that this is a good idea, and proceed to get rollicking drunk with your aide, Tuypogina, Lanku, Chantutututu and the guards of the captives in what is some of the greatest fun you've had in weeks. The captives, a bit more reserved, manage to drink far less. They also manage to escape while their captors engage in drunken debauchery, and disappear into the night, the fact of which is discovered only in the early morning.

I am Walt, spokesman of the giant tribe. Greet the new tribe, and invite them to the United Council

[3] You are Walt, spokesman of the Three Tribe Union. You proposed to invite the Fisher Tribe into the fold, but their ill-fated attempt at attacking your home put an end to that idea. Fortunately, not all was lost - while the first war party you sent did not return, the second one managed to capture most of their women and children, as well as all of their things, adding up to a generous amount of plunder. Now there is the matter of splitting it - the Heads say they did most of the work, thus they should get most of the loot, women and children, while the Gulls say that to allow such a division would reinforce a divide between the three tribes. The Spears seem to wish for a decision that causes the least conflict. You are among the people on hand to seek a resolution on the matter.

Talk with painted tribe about our habits, hiding nothing. And about tribe - not telling everything.

[3] They seem interested in the habits of your tribe more, to be honest - they ask little to no questions about the tribe's composition, merely knowingly nodding at the information you do provide. They do wonder why you have not left their lands yet, given how obviously unwelcoming they have been to you.

...Sea shanties might help. SING THEM.

[1] You sing various songs, and do so with great frequency at all times of day. This continues for a long time until, one night, an arrow flies out of the woods, striking your unsuspecting form.

[2] You bleed very terribly, and it is only in the morning that you are found - by this time you are in poor condition indeed, and Kutuk once again expresses doubt that you can be saved.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 28, 2014, 05:50:27 am »

Maybe the earth spirits in this dirt is a different tribe. Look for differences in touch feel smell and image of the dirt and the dirt in My pots.

blazing glory

« Reply #530 on: July 28, 2014, 05:53:06 am »

Take out my spear and be ready for any attacks!

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 28, 2014, 06:19:55 am »

Begin works of compromise.
"Greetings, fellow chiefs, today, we shall begin the Deliberations of Fair Conducts. I have heard the complaints you've delivered amongst us, I wish to know, in further detail, these complaints you've henceforth handed this TriTribe Union. Heads, you say you accomplished the most heavy lifting, elaborate"
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 28, 2014, 06:38:51 am »

Ask them about their ways and customs. And why are they stealing children?!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 28, 2014, 06:40:48 am »

Try to heal. Be a generally nice person. Think about the sense of life and share my knowledge with others.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 28, 2014, 08:22:43 am »

Oh a noodle incident

design and dig out an underground home

Also how has the invention of the wheel affected our tribe
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 08:24:25 am by tuypo1 »
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 28, 2014, 09:06:15 am »

These barbarians look like they would be a nice source of some pillage and plundering. Charge on their homes in the middle of the night.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 28, 2014, 09:31:19 am »

GO SOUTH AND REBUILD THE TRIBE. PROMASS TO COME BACK TO THE NORTH AND HAVE REVENGE AGAINST THE TRIBES OF THE NORTH.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 28, 2014, 09:34:15 am »

Ask spirits for guidance.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 28, 2014, 10:14:19 am »

REMAIN UNSEEN FOR NOW, AT LEAST WHILE I HAVE PLENTY OF FOOD
BUILD A SMALL SHELTER BENEATH SOME TREES, FROM BRANCHES AND PLANT FIBER, FROM WHICH I CAN CONTINUE TO OBSERVE BOTH THE TRIBE I'VE BEEN WATCHING AND THEIR MORE WELL-ESTABLISHED RIVALS. THAT 'REAPER' FOOL, DOES HE APPEAR TO HAVE GAINED ACCEPTANCE IN THIS TRIBE? THAT WOULD DISPLEASE ME.
DO THEY HAVE MANY WARRIORS IN THIS TRIBE? WEAPONS? ARE THEY WELL FED DESPITE THEIR WEAKNESS?

ALSO WATCH AND STUDY THE OTHER TRIBE HARASSING THEM, WHILST SIMILARLY AVOIDING BEING SEEN BY THEM
LEARN AS MUCH AS I CAN OF BOTH GROUPS AND THEIR CONFLICT WITHOUT BEING DETECTED. HONE MY SKILLS AS A WOODSWOMAN

I HAVE THE WISDOM OF MY PAST FOES TO CALL UPON, AFTER ALL, EVADING THE NOTICE OF THESE LESSER TRIBES SHOULD BE WELL WITHIN MY ABILITIES.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Nunzillor

« Reply #539 on: July 28, 2014, 11:15:08 am »

Chantutu follows the escaped warriors' paths to see where they have gone.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 77