Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 122406 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #495 on: July 26, 2014, 04:37:12 pm »

Depending on my luck, they are either eating their enemies, recruiting them, or, if completely mad,  both. The exact case remains to be seen.

((Updated tribesmen, now all are listed with proper descriprtions.))
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 04:51:57 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 26, 2014, 04:38:28 pm »

Work with other Religion and make holy place that to people can pray to and learn from

(OOC:I really want our player to feel connect tribe,history and faith. My Faith has Death god, They Religion is much more basic, I want show my skills as Teacher)

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 26, 2014, 05:14:14 pm »

Send scouts to see what happened to our war party in the north

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 26, 2014, 07:19:03 pm »

Work with other Religion and make holy place that to people can pray to and learn from

(OOC:I really want our player to feel connect tribe,history and faith. My Faith has Death god, They Religion is much more basic, I want show my skills as Teacher)

I look toward to documenting your increasing grasp of the English language already im seeing improvements
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 26, 2014, 07:19:32 pm »

I look toward to documenting your increasing grasp of the English language already im seeing improvements
Tuypo, are you being ironic or what?

blazing glory

« Reply #500 on: July 26, 2014, 07:25:41 pm »

Try to make a much larger tent,gather wood.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 26, 2014, 07:26:53 pm »

Nope I really am interested

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 26, 2014, 07:28:04 pm »

Shit I meant to say get them to help clangbunk but this turned out even better

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 26, 2014, 07:44:33 pm »

((WOAH woah woah woah woah

Okay, as an alternative to giving up my booze, I propose we become a family of traveling acrobats.

/Simpsons))

Conrak is troubled by the simultaneous disappearance of the tribe's children and his own alcohol stockpiles. Thus, being the brilliant craftsman that he is, he devises a solution to both problems. Conrak creates a security system for the tribe; a thing of thin, low-hung vines tied to sticks, the sticks bestowed with empty gourds, jugs, and other such containers. When invaders come in the night, they will trip over the vines and cause the sticks to topple, causing a loud noise and alerting the tribe. Conrak makes sure to do his part to empty enough containers to supply such a large perimeter.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 27, 2014, 01:44:35 am »

((WOAH woah woah woah woah

Okay, as an alternative to giving up my booze, I propose we become a family of traveling acrobats.

/Simpsons))

Conrak is troubled by the simultaneous disappearance of the tribe's children and his own alcohol stockpiles. Thus, being the brilliant craftsman that he is, he devises a solution to both problems. Conrak creates a security system for the tribe; a thing of thin, low-hung vines tied to sticks, the sticks bestowed with empty gourds, jugs, and other such containers. When invaders come in the night, they will trip over the vines and cause the sticks to topple, causing a loud noise and alerting the tribe. Conrak makes sure to do his part to empty enough containers to supply such a large perimeter.
help set up the traps and tip out bottles when conrak isn't looking

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 27, 2014, 01:54:11 am »

I look toward to documenting your increasing grasp of the English language. Already I'm seeing improvements!
Nope, I really am interested.
((I FIX GRAMMAR A BIT

HAS BEEN BUGGING ME FOR WHILE >.>))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 27, 2014, 06:48:46 am »

>RESPAWN. AT RANDOM.

[6] You are now Lerka of the Axe Tribe, exiled by your chief, as he feared your power, since you, in addition to refusing his offer to take you as his third wife, had also eaten the entire brains of at least seven wise and mighty individuals, compared to his meager four - fearing strife, you were sent away southward, and so you have walked for over a year, right up until you reached the delta of the grand river - a tribe, weak in numbers and declining in power, seems to have made its home here, oddly enough. You do not understand their language, as you find out from casually listening to their conversations from afar, but this is probably a thing you can work on.

"Has the scout gone on another expidition...?"
Food offerings to appease the spirits!

[4] The food offerings are missing the next morning after being placed on a rock, so you assume that the sacrifice has worked.

((I don't want to die, I didn't get to do nearly enough wise old man things :(
It feels like more than half of us are playing violent young firebrands...))

Make surprising recovery.

If not, pass on as much knowledge as I can before death.

Elto calls a meeting of the elders to discuss his imminent departure and the child-snatching crisis.

[5] Just as things appear grimmest, you become aware of a certain will to live within you - while you have made a great many mistakes in your life, you believe that none other than yourself may correct them, so it is imperative that you survive. Without you, the tribe will surely be lost, just as it would be lost without Arlia, Kutuk, Conrak and others, though probably not Clangbunk. At any rate, you begin to fight more actively for your survival, which does put you on the path to recovery, much to Kutuk's surprise - while you are not healthy yet, over the next weeks you are definitely getting there.

Forge my own tribe, and wander the lands, knowing now that the spirits have exiled as punishment for rebelling against the elders and trusting in myself to find those the spirits chose to exile as well.

[1] You forge a tribe of one, the Nth Tribe, and wander the badlands until the hunger, the thirst and the lack of prey begin to get to you, which is soon indeed. You cannot survive here, and yet you cannot find the way out. You begin to grow delirious in desolation, and visions of your former friends and acquaintances flash before your eyes, and you occasionally run toward them, vainly hoping that one of them may be real.

[1] Not long after your mind begins to snap your body deteriorates rapidly as well, and your corpse becomes one of many in the badlands, soon only a set of sun-bleached bones lying on the almost bare ground after the vultures are done with it.

Tuktu attempts to track the child snatchers. He will slaughter them all and make warpaint from them.

[6] You have a thought. What if you used a child as bait? Could the painted people resist? You place one little girl in particular (with her and her parents' consent, naturally) in an unsafe position, and watch through several nights, waiting for somebody from the painted ones to come and get her - eventually, a group of them do, and you watch as they pick her up, and follow them discreetly along the plains, where they reunite with a larger group. From there the girl is allowed to walk on her own under the guidance of a different group of snatchers, who gift her with good food and pure water. You follow their path westward over the following weeks, doing your best to be as discreet as possible.

Eventually you reach the woods that the tribe passed earlier, and head inside, where you eventually discover the home of the painted tribe, or the skulking tribe - a fairly large camp, hosting quite a few more people than your tribe's - all the people there seem to paint their bodies strangely, though otherwise the camp looks very much like your tribe's, although with a greater emphasis on wooden constructions. Among the tribe you spot several children you recognize - they seem to be walking about freely and even playing with some of the painted children.

Help organize farming efforts.

[1] You find yourself having no idea what Clangbunk seems to be doing, and seriously doubt that it is anything all that useful, given that it seems to be the digging of ditches, mostly - ones that do not even properly direct water, which seems to be the aim, possibly due to the uneven terrain. The efforts largely go nowhere, as the gridlike pattern does not seem to have been created in any sensible way, but rather arbitrarily. It seems that the irrigation attempts will require quite a lot of land clearance and digging, much more than Clangbunk seems to have envisioned.

Chantutututu feels guilty, and joins Tuktu in hunting the child snatchers after saying farewell to Lanku.

[1] Tuktu categorically rejects the idea of you joining his clandestine plan, telling you frankly that if you were to try and follow him, he would kill you slowly and painfully, then use your skin as a blanket to keep him warm at night. You know for a fact that he means it, and so you are left with nothing much to do.

Have some of them begin burying fruit.
"I suggest we do an in-depth investigation on these rapscallions' location!"

[1] They bury the fruit as directed, and you await results - in two weeks, nothing has happened yet. The tribe begins to seriously doubt that you have any idea what you are doing, and whether it would not be more productive to have the younger tribesmen do something actually useful instead of digging ditches and burying fruit for seemingly no reward.

Depending on my luck, they are either eating their enemies, recruiting them, or, if completely mad,  both. The exact case remains to be seen.

[5] Eventually you, after your wounds are attended to, are taken into the woods, into the camp of the painted tribe, where a group of painted men and women come to question you after lashing you to a tree - when you ask, they reveal they have picked up your language from the snatched children, and that they would wish to know more about your ways, for while the children happen to know vaguely who is who in the tribe, they believe you may shed light on the deeper specifics of your lifestyle and traditions.

[2] They refuse to worship the death god, for to speak of death is to invite it into your home - you are permitted to continue living as you wish, but it is stated in no uncertain terms that your beliefs and customs will not be shared, and that you may not build a shrine to your foul spirit anywhere in the territory of the tribe.

Send scouts to see what happened to our war party in the north

[1] After sending scouts, you wait for several weeks, only for a war party slightly smaller than the previous one to return in their stead, lobbing the scouts' heads soaked in burning liquid and screaming murderously as they descend on your village. You believe this may be a good time to run.

Try to make a much larger tent,gather wood.

[4] You increase the size of your tent markedly by adding another tent to it, then slicing a hole in the tents' sides and joining them together - you believe this makes yours a larger tent than anyone else's right now, though understandably you may want to push this point further.

[1] While you are gathering wood, though, you encounter a snare of some kind - your foot is caught in it, sinking into the ground up to your knee, then getting caught in some manner of sharp noose that encloses around it. While you are not sure, you feel fairly certain that this is a man trap of some kind.

[6] Though you notice that nobody in the tribe seems willing to give you any alcohol, empty gourds are another matter. Soon you have set up a massive network of tripwires around the perimeter of the area, which you change every three days or so without telling anyone to head off any potential intruders. Many alarms are set off in the days to come, and you are always ready to watch out for unwary invaders - mostly they seem to be your own tribesmen, or wild animals.

[5] However, your seemingly insane attempts to trap the environment do net the capture of a group of five child snatchers - five living captives are nothing to scoff at, especially ones as elusive as the skulkers have proven.

help set up the traps and tip out bottles when conrak isn't looking

[2] You attempt to help Conrak, but his adherence to strict secrecy leads to him turning your aid away - after all, you might be one of those people who took away his alcohol, and so you, in the interests of actually achieving his goals, must be excluded from any participation. Your next few days, as a consequence, result in falling all over various tripwires.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 27, 2014, 07:10:58 am »

ORDER THE TRIBE TO FLEE AND DISPERSE, ALSO TO RETURN BACK AFTER A FEW MONTHS

blazing glory

« Reply #508 on: July 27, 2014, 08:40:41 am »

Bring out my sharp knife and cut it!

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 27, 2014, 08:45:31 am »

Redirect the youth to trapping
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 77