Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Making some clothing item always available  (Read 520 times)

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
Making some clothing item always available
« on: July 14, 2014, 07:35:21 am »

I would like certain clothing items to be available for my adventurers on every run. Is there a way to exclude some piece of clothing from the fashion selection and make it always available like, for example loincloths?

Quailman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Making some clothing item always available
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 11:12:02 am »

I discovered something recently that may be of some help.  I was tweaking raws for adventure mode and wanted to get rid of socks to make inventories a bit less cluttered.  I forgot to remove chausses as well and I found that everybody was wearing chausses,  even though they were previously very uncommon.  It seems like the game will always try to put clothing of certain types on units, regardless of their rarity.  While I haven't exactly done a lot of testing, I'm willing to bet that if you deleted every type of underwear except for loincloths for a race, then you could guarentee that an adventurer of that race would be generated with a loincloth.

Disclaimer: This would also mean that every other member of that civilization would be wearing that type of clothing, which may be undesirable.  Also, it may be impractical for some articles of clothing, or even simply not work.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 11:24:48 am »

Disclaimer: This would also mean that every other member of that civilization would be wearing that type of clothing, which may be undesirable.  Also, it may be impractical for some articles of clothing, or even simply not work.

Loincloth may not be for everyone. Consult your Chief Medical Dwarf if your loincloth lasts more than four hours.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
  • Looks like cat for dinner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 11:25:20 am »

Loincloth may not be for everyone. Consult your Chief Medical Dwarf if your loincloth lasts more than four hours.

Combined with the new homosexual dwarf settings, I say this loincloth party is going to last a lot longer than four hours.
Advanced Civilizations (0.40.X+)

Former creator of Metallurgy, Atum, Aquaculture, and Agriculture for Minecraft and Toxic Worlds for Starbound.