Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 306

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1873654 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #3045 on: December 14, 2015, 03:02:59 pm »

Okay, well

Now that we have dwarves suffocating on their own vomit, will there ever be some kind of dwarven CPR or other advanced medical procedures?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: December 14, 2015, 03:07:44 pm »

Okay, well

Now that we have dwarves suffocating on their own vomit, will there ever be some kind of dwarven CPR or other advanced medical procedures?

A basic "first aid performed by whoever decides to haul the dwarf to the hospital" would likely be simpler to implement. o3o
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: December 14, 2015, 05:15:43 pm »

But less Dwarfy.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: December 14, 2015, 05:44:38 pm »

Urist McMedic cancels First Aid: interrupted by The Thing That Injured His Patient.

Sounds quite dorfy to me. o3o
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #3049 on: December 14, 2015, 06:15:44 pm »

Seems to me we need to wait for the 'friendship' arc, where bros don't leave each other unconcious on the dance tavern vomit floor.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Kiloku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: December 15, 2015, 06:29:46 am »

Will settling visitors ever be able to become full-fledged citizens (as in, can be assigned labors, can receive noble positions, can lead a squad, etc.)? Will this happen regardless of their race?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: December 15, 2015, 07:47:14 am »

They already can, as far as I know.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: December 15, 2015, 08:02:04 am »

What happens if I tell a stinking tree huger hippie (read elf) citizen to cut down a tree?

I don't have the patience or willingness to suffer such pests to find out in one of my forts.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kiloku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: December 15, 2015, 08:58:35 am »

When they settle in your fort, the military ones can only be members (not leaders) of squads, and they can't be assigned labors, they only do the job they offered initially (entertainer/scholar/religious figure)

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: December 15, 2015, 10:27:50 pm »

What affects the different types of visitors that show up at your fortress? For example, how do you get monster hunters to show up? I've never gotten one with two several year long taverns. Alternatively, is there anything that causes more mercenaries to show up rather than bards and poets? Can you end up attracting more of one scholar type than any others, like have 80% of your scholar guests be doctors?
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3055 on: December 16, 2015, 03:05:30 pm »

When they settle in your fort, the military ones can only be members (not leaders) of squads, and they can't be assigned labors, they only do the job they offered initially (entertainer/scholar/religious figure)
Not quite. I have heard of a "long-term resident", such as those you describe, becoming actual residents, and thus behaving just the same as your own dwarves.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Devin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: December 17, 2015, 05:13:41 pm »

Might merchant caravans ever occasionally choose to fight when the player tries to seize goods, especially early on?

The question's inspired by a thread on the suggestion board where everyone seems to think it's a good idea. (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=154685.0)  Hopefully just making them go hostile or maybe hostile and trying to escape would be workable to implement. 

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: December 17, 2015, 07:01:36 pm »

Will there ever be an Adventurer Mode theme?

I say that, because I like the music of Dwarf Fortress (I think the Fortress theme really summarizes the main theme of the game: Histories of Greed and Labor) and I like symmetry. :D

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3058 on: December 17, 2015, 08:42:56 pm »

I say that, because I like the music of Dwarf Fortress (I think the Fortress theme really summarizes the main theme of the game: Histories of Greed and Labor) and I like symmetry. :D

Open the game and check again.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: December 17, 2015, 09:59:41 pm »

Open the game and check again.

? there's still only two songs, the title and the dwarf mode
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 306