Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 306

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1872947 times)

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #2865 on: November 28, 2015, 08:25:50 pm »

What is the criteria for creatures coming to visit?  Would gorlaks, troglodytes and trolls, or wandering overworld animal-folk be able to walk into your taverns and start partying or will they still operate as wild animals?  Will wandering gorlaks/trogs/trolls/animal-folk be equipped with weapons or armor or skills from interacting with other civs?  I haven't seen kobolds mentioned in the visitor examples, are they capable of visiting?
They are definitely capable of visiting your tavern. Whether they are capable of paying for the things they take is a completely separate question.

And then there's whether they are capable and whether they are willing.  But that brings up an interesting idea.  You could have thieves that enter the fortress as visitors instead of hiding and running from the first cat that crosses their path. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: November 28, 2015, 11:46:17 pm »

While this won't be an issue in Vanilla, what happens if you're playing a race that's not opposed to cannibalism, and you start serving the meat of sapients in your tavern? Will other races, particularly the ones whose kindred you've butchered, object to this state of affairs?
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: November 29, 2015, 01:04:18 am »

I don't think there's a way in current versions for people to dislike food, so I wouldn't think so, but if it becomes an issue, it should be easy enough for Toady to add.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: November 29, 2015, 01:32:49 am »

I don't think there's a way in current versions for people to dislike food, so I wouldn't think so, but if it becomes an issue, it should be easy enough for Toady to add.
It wouldn't be so different from Dwarves not butchering sapients, after all.

You know, it occurs to me, what with the new changeable ethics, that you might wind up with cannibalistic Dwarves, in Vanilla.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: November 29, 2015, 01:37:10 am »

62 hours to go. Hype, hype, hype!!!

Bug filled, unplayable, save corruption, broken combat, broken dancing, epic loyalty cascades.....
Ok, calmed down a bit now.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: November 29, 2015, 01:43:10 am »

It wouldn't be so different from Dwarves not butchering sapients, after all.

You know, it occurs to me, what with the new changeable ethics, that you might wind up with cannibalistic Dwarves, in Vanilla.

But in the same vein, wouldn't elves be offended by sitting on wooden chairs on wooden tables? 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: November 29, 2015, 01:45:22 am »

Only the ones without the [GROWN] tag.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Silverybearded

• Bay Watcher
  • Midor Belnekol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: November 29, 2015, 02:02:16 am »

Wait, how do you know that?
Engraved is a superior rendition of an image of Arkoth, the local deity of balance and speech, and two elves. Arkoth is burning the two elves. Arkoth is laughing. The two elves are suffering. The image was commissioned by the Round Guild, a local dwarven government.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: November 29, 2015, 03:15:59 am »

Twitter:
Crash cleaned up with toys and make believe. 62 hours until you too can enjoy inebriated dwarven scholars arguing about the nature of power.

Silverybearded

• Bay Watcher
  • Midor Belnekol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: November 29, 2015, 03:26:32 am »

Twitter:
Crash cleaned up with toys and make believe. 62 hours until you too can enjoy inebriated dwarven scholars arguing about the nature of power.

It's happening
...alright, I gotta ask: Am I the only one who will keep that link open until it runs out?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 08:17:04 am by Silverybearded »
Engraved is a superior rendition of an image of Arkoth, the local deity of balance and speech, and two elves. Arkoth is burning the two elves. Arkoth is laughing. The two elves are suffering. The image was commissioned by the Round Guild, a local dwarven government.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: November 29, 2015, 05:40:10 am »

[IS_HYPED:YES]
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: November 29, 2015, 07:05:51 am »

Do want. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #2877 on: November 29, 2015, 09:09:50 am »

Oh my bloody magmafilled Armok it's less than three days away I may explode from joyfulness Toady you are awesome
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: November 29, 2015, 09:16:11 am »

Why did I have to savescum that fort I should've ended :'(

Oh well can't wait.Teeth chattering from expectation. Is it too early to start staying up in expectation for it?
One wheel short of a wagon

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: November 29, 2015, 11:16:03 am »

Any sense of how quickly a new LNP would follow?  It looks like last time the new version was released in January and the LNP followed  in July. 
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 306