Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: df_40_02 speed sytem  (Read 789 times)

ModerationOFrequnecy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
df_40_02 speed sytem
« on: July 12, 2014, 03:26:52 am »

Just a question from a veteran in the new adventurer update the speed system has undergone a full overhaul. As I dabbled in this new system I have been wondering from time to time why I could not adjust my pace from a walk anymore in the <S> menu because whenever I start adventuring I can but at some random point it stops letting me I have tried dumping everything to lower my weight but not much has worked, can someone explain the new system for me?

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
Re: df_40_02 speed sytem
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 04:34:31 am »

You should be able to adjust your speed at any point. Are you using a graphical tileset? They have some issues with the speed menu.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 08:35:21 am »

This is just thinking out loud, but a few questions:
Have you modded your game?
Have you become an undead/vampire/necromancer/werebeast?
Do you have any health problems/wounds? (Z screen, wounds)

You might be in a state where you no longer have gaits defined in the raws. I had the same problem when I gave my custom race the [FLIER] tag without giving them gaits while flying. There's the problem that after flying, even if you land and no longer have 'flying' on your screen, you only get the flying gaits as options (defaults to "Walk" if none specified). Probably a bug.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

ModerationOFrequnecy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 08:42:09 pm »

You should be able to adjust your speed at any point. Are you using a graphical tileset? They have some issues with the speed menu.

I am using Ironhand texture pack however this is not a visual error I have even tried tabbing up and down when in the <S> menu however no changes were made

This is just thinking out loud, but a few questions:
Have you modded your game?
Have you become an undead/vampire/necromancer/werebeast?
Do you have any health problems/wounds? (Z screen, wounds)

You might be in a state where you no longer have gaits defined in the raws. I had the same problem when I gave my custom race the [FLIER] tag without giving them gaits while flying. There's the problem that after flying, even if you land and no longer have 'flying' on your screen, you only get the flying gaits as options (defaults to "Walk" if none specified). Probably a bug.

I am using no mods or game changing effects like becoming a vampire, werewolf etc. as well as no wounds I made a new world and this happened to a fresh character as well

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 04:25:49 am »

I am using Ironhand texture pack however this is not a visual error I have even tried tabbing up and down when in the <S> menu however no changes were made

No, there's an issue with truetype fonts and tilesets that bugs up the speed menu. See if removing it helps, at least we'll be able to rule it out.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread