Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Simultaneous attacks?  (Read 1976 times)

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Simultaneous attacks?
« on: July 11, 2014, 02:16:36 pm »

Has anyone played around with this yet? Is attacking with both legs and both arms and a bite at the same time as effective as it is bizarre?
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Simultaneous attacks?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 02:27:58 pm »

Has anyone played around with this yet? Is attacking with both legs and both arms and a bite at the same time as effective as it is bizarre?
Accuracy is horrible, and it seems to get worse with more attacks. When some hit, it is great, though.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 03:46:59 pm »

Also you can only attack one with each object per attack cycle. So if you cue multi-attack, you can only use your longsword in the combo one-time, your shield one time, your left foot one time....

Seems more useful for people dual wielding, unless you've got some very specific needs. Generally useful though because it's not just limited to attacks. You can add movement actions in there too, so you can attack then dodge or block.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

JayThePro

• Bay Watcher
  • [PERSONALITY:SELF_CONTROL:0:2:100]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 04:37:28 pm »

Adding a dodge in was extremely helpful when exploring v40.2 today, as I was battling a hill titan. Using the multi-attack, I swung dodged its first attack by jumping backwards, and then killed it.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 04:55:30 pm »

Fun fact: I was looking through the raws and noticed that kick attacks all have an [ATTACK_FLAG_BAD_MULTIATTACK] flag, which suggests that kicks have an even worse multiattack penalty than usual.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 04:57:31 pm »

I have used it a lot, but I do wish I could use my weapon multiple times, like I am spinning around or something. If I want to attack with a sword twice at once, I need two swords in my hands.

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 05:02:05 pm »

Fun fact: I was looking through the raws and noticed that kick attacks all have an [ATTACK_FLAG_BAD_MULTIATTACK] flag, which suggests that kicks have an even worse multiattack penalty than usual.

It's likely because kicks are slow. If you look at the new speed readouts when you're selecting an attack kicks are much slower than punches. Its as slow as biting. It makes sense, lifting a foot and leg up would be a lot slower than just punching or using your sword. If you are wearing armor a kick would be very unwieldy.
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 06:51:12 pm »

It's likely because kicks are slow. If you look at the new speed readouts when you're selecting an attack kicks are much slower than punches. Its as slow as biting. It makes sense, lifting a foot and leg up would be a lot slower than just punching or using your sword. If you are wearing armor a kick would be very unwieldy.
Also legs are [STANCE] bodyparts which means that technically when you multi-attack with both legs you levitate for a short period of time.
._.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 06:52:26 pm »

Also legs are [STANCE] bodyparts which means that technically when you multi-attack with both legs you levitate for a short period of time.
Can you have your legs cut off mid-levitation?

Elaxter

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy you don't know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 07:02:54 pm »

Would be cool if two enemies are beside you and you have two swords to do a multi-attack on both their throats.

Double headshot!  :D
Sig
You must kill yourself before you kills you.