Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lightest Food?  (Read 1284 times)

dbay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lightest Food?
« on: July 11, 2014, 02:01:49 pm »

Hey all, I've been playing a lot of Adventurer mode lately because this new version rocks.
I've found that it's critically important to keep your encumbrance down, because the more you're carrying the fewer attacks you'll get relative to your opponent. This often equals death.

On that note, does anybody know what the lightest-weight food available is? Obviously I can just carry less food, but, ideally, somewhere out there is the featherwood of lunch. Do plant-based foods weigh more or less than meat? Are there any critters that make low-density steaks?

I plan on searching through the RAWs soon, but if anyone has any pertinent information to assist my search, that would be extremely helpful.

EDIT: even if slower movement speed no longer equals slower combat speed, it's still important to keep your movement speed up in adventurer mode.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lightest Food?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 02:07:50 pm »

... because the more you're carrying the fewer attacks you'll get relative to your opponent. ....
Toady separated movement speed from attack speed in the new version.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 02:08:21 pm »

I think prepared body parts weigh slightly less than chunks of meat. Like prepared organs are .014 and meat is .018 or something per.

... because the more you're carrying the fewer attacks you'll get relative to your opponent. ....

Not what he's talking about. At speed .3 you're acting 1 time for every 3 versus someone with a 1.0 speed. This is easily demonstrable by the amount of lag you get in populated with a high speed vs. a low speed.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 02:36:45 pm »

Plants. You can find bags of fruit sometimes and there are plants with edible leaves.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 04:57:29 pm »

I think prepared body parts weigh slightly less than chunks of meat. Like prepared organs are .014 and meat is .018 or something per.

Not what he's talking about. At speed .3 you're acting 1 time for every 3 versus someone with a 1.0 speed. This is easily demonstrable by the amount of lag you get in populated with a high speed vs. a low speed.

Don't say thats not what he's talking about then explain that he was indeed talking about what he thought was being talked about.
Your talking about movement speed, you can be at a full sprint and have as much of a laggy battle as anybody who is at creep speed, as long as your standing still while fighting.

It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 04:58:39 pm »

Yes, and he also made weight cause you to become fatigued. If you carry a lot of things and attack often enough, you can literally pass out from exhaustion now.

You also become tired based on your carry weight and current speed. If you carry a lot and sprint everywhere, you will become fatigued faster than carrying nothing and crawling.

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 05:34:58 pm »

Any movement speed faster than the neutral one (Walk/Crawl/Swim) strains your stamina, the highest one being exceptionally straining.

With superhuman endurance and high recuperation you can jog just about indefinitely though. (But good luck getting there!)

oh_no

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 07:08:37 pm »

Dragonfly brains? ant meat?
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."