Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Worldgen won't stop when I tell it to  (Read 2452 times)

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
Worldgen won't stop when I tell it to
« on: July 11, 2014, 12:02:20 pm »

Worldgen, what are you doing?  Worldgen, stahp!

Seriously, I wanted to stop at Year 100, but it was all "Um, nope!" and ignored my attempts to make it stop, already.  I tried several times. so now I'm patiently (or not) waiting for it to gen a full 250 years.  Good thing I didn't set it for 1500 :D  BTW, this is 40.02 we're talking about.

Anyone else see this?
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worldgen won't stop when I tell it to
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 12:03:03 pm »

Nope, works fine for me. What are your worldgen settings?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 12:05:05 pm by Alev »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 12:15:38 pm »

Is it going super slow?

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 12:17:50 pm »

Nothing other than the default it comes with.

Is it going super slow?

No, normal speed.  It was just annoying, is all.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 12:20:46 pm »

Nothing other than the default it comes with.

Is it going super slow?

No, normal speed.  It was just annoying, is all.
I did that again, no problems.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 12:22:51 pm by Alev »

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 12:21:47 pm »

Seriously, I wanted to stop at Year 100, but it was all "Um, nope!" and ignored my attempts to make it stop, already.  I tried several times. so now I'm patiently (or not) waiting for it to gen a full 250 years.  Good thing I didn't set it for 1500 :D  BTW, this is 40.02 we're talking about.

Anyone else see this?

if you end up having a really long load, and it's not stopping, then it's because it's not registering keypresses while its "Lagging" between each year.
Hold the abort button until it stops, you might have to hold it for a good few seconds depending on how slow its going.

Also, don't gen a world bigger then small
Thats a really bad idea in 40.02.
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 12:33:48 pm »

Anyone else see this?

if you end up having a really long load, and it's not stopping, then it's because it's not registering keypresses while its "Lagging" between each year.
Hold the abort button until it stops, you might have to hold it for a good few seconds depending on how slow its going.

Also, don't gen a world bigger then small
Thats a really bad idea in 40.02.

LOL now I know that even 250 is too big.  I'll try your suggestion in the future.  Thanks :)

xeluc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 12:42:18 pm »

I've found even in .34 that if you want to stop at a specific date it's wise to hit the button 2-3 years before. It's kind of a guessing game how long it will take for DF to register your keystroke.