Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Undead Civilization  (Read 1384 times)

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Undead Civilization
« on: July 09, 2014, 10:20:17 pm »

Is this possible? Could I just add some tags to the entity in the entity.txt to make it work? Would I need to completely mess with the way their bodies are put together? Or is it not possible and they could only become undead after being raised by a necromancer in-game?
Lucelle Weapons and Armour adds in tons of historical weapons and armour from a variety of different cultures

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Civilization
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 10:31:34 pm »

Not for animated "dwarf corpses" and the like as you see them in evil biomes. Entities have [UNDEAD_CANDIDATE], but this appears limited in effect, if it has any at all (I believe, it's used to choose zombies for world-gen necromancers). However, it is quite possible to create husk-like creatures and assign an entity to them. Note that [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] makes every other civ hostile to them.

I'd also be careful about SPECIALATTACK_INTERACTION tokens. One of my civs had a caste with an "accursed" attack that would turn you into one of their vile shadow-things, and they were apparently the cause of world-gen (and legend-mode) crashing.  Not sure how it works in the current version, but judging from the lots of outside reports of weird stuff, I'd be even more careful for now.

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Civilization
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 11:26:05 pm »

Take a look at the warlock playable civ in Masterwork. It functions like an undead civ.