Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37

Author Topic: DF2014 (v0.40.24) Worldgen Cookbook Thread!  (Read 159779 times)

PLANKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 (v0.40.10+) Worldgen Cookbook Thread!
« Reply #375 on: December 24, 2014, 01:20:25 am »

I'm also looking for another embark.

• 4x4 Absolutely flat embark
  • Large World
  • Heaps of Gobos
  • Water source (Aquafier is fine if its in one corner)
  • Volcano at surface or above
  • Iron
  • Flux
  • Sand
  • Heaps of trees (feather wood is nice but not overly concerned about type)
  • Non evil biome

There might be one of these embarks kicking around on the thread. Point me in the right direction if it is!

Thanks heaps!

PABadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 25, 2014, 01:57:42 pm »

Mostly I need some advice, because I want to generate a very specific map, and I don’t have the time, energy, and inclination to spend half a day building random map after random map and hoping I get lucky.

I’m using 40.19 with Perfect World. I want to know, first, how I can make more areas with sedimentary layers; second, how I can increase my chances of having fire clay at a specific site; and third, how I can limit the number of dwarves and increase the number of goblin civilizations. Is there anyone who has done !!Science!! on these kinds of things who can help me out? Thanks for any help you can provide.

nuget102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 31, 2014, 06:54:24 pm »

• Large World
  • Heaps of Gobos
  • Iron
  • Flux
  • Sand
  • Non evil biome

There might be one of these embarks kicking around on the thread. Point me in the right direction if it is!

Thanks heaps!

I found this a little further back in the thread. It fits most of your criteria I think. It's a 'smaller' world, which FPS wise is better, but other than that I think it fits all of your criteria. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=140180.msg5689920;topicseen#msg5689920
The fort where filth melts your skin! (updated 4/9/15)

Curiosity killed the cat.
Satisfaction brought it back.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 31, 2014, 07:39:36 pm »

Edit; Nevermind, found it on page 2 ::)

I've been slowly learning the WorldGen parameters; mostly dealing with direct number like population/civ caps, Clown variety, Megabeasts, etc.  I'm still a little fuzzy on terrain modifiers though.  So, would it be possible to cook me a world that has Joyous & Evil adjacent?  I got an idea in my head to have 1/2 the Embark be zombie-filled resurrection nightmare, while the other half is Fluffy Wamblers & Giant Eagles.  Then I could have zombie Giant Eagles for some reason (I'll figure that out later).
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 07:41:26 pm by Immortal-D »

Draba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 04, 2015, 01:02:40 am »

I'm a bit lost in the worldgen params, any help would be appreciated. I'm looking for:
- 3x3 embark
- close to vertical cliff face on one of the edge tiles looking inward (think boatmurdered, plenty of space underground to dig)
- flux and iron close to the surface
- magma close to the surface(preferably volcano but I couldn't get one with sedimentary layers in a bazillion tries so I've kinda given up on it)
- brook/stream/small river
- circus/candy
- non-evil high savagery would be nice

After a good while I've managed to find a very nice one
- has 6 sedimentary layers full of magnetite and dolomite right on the z-levels where the entrance would go
- the mountainside is in the corner
- untamed wilderness
- in a few rerolls goblins did well and got a necro tower right next to me

Checked it out but magma is some 180 z levels below me :(
My questions are:
- is there any way to alter this world in the direction I want? Using different history and creature seeds apparently do not change the geography, are there any parameters related to magma that do not give an entirely different result?
- am I missing out on cavern features if I just make them appear ~15 z levels below?

Ofc if anyone had an embark like this that'd do, too :)
I've been dicking around with elevation min/max/mesh variables + volcanism, but couldn't really get it right so far.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 05, 2015, 07:50:52 pm »

Anyone have a world or parameters that would make dark fortresses not lagfests? I want to rescue captured children.

PLANKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 06, 2015, 05:59:34 pm »

• Large World
  • Heaps of Gobos
  • Iron
  • Flux
  • Sand
  • Non evil biome

Thanks heaps!

I found this a little further back in the thread. It fits most of your criteria I think. It's a 'smaller' world, which FPS wise is better, but other than that I think it fits all of your criteria. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=140180.msg5689920;topicseen#msg5689920

Thanks I'll have a play with it.

Taal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 08, 2015, 08:53:08 pm »

In honour of the latest update, can we get some great one dimension spots going?

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 10, 2015, 06:00:26 pm »

Hey peeps.  I'm hoping to get some help editing this setup.  It is designed to create Joyous & Terrifying side by side, which it does on a fairly regular basis.  Is it possible to allow these maximum alignments over a mountain?  All of the locations where good & evil share a border are at best, rolling hillsides with elevation between 3 and 5.  I cranked up the Elevation Variance, which results in a handful of mountain rages, but none of them fall within the alignment areas.  Any info is appreciated :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 19, 2015, 06:05:03 pm »

I don't known if it's possible but...

A worldgen that creates a world in the age of death/emptiness with 1000 years of history and it's FILLED with ruins,animals,beasts and loot.But not too much evil

I'm planning in installing  Wanderer's Friend and advfort together and a world with no one but me,megabeasts and necromancers would be a perfect combination.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 07:19:17 pm by King_of_Baboons »
A medium-sized creature prone to madness and insanity.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 19, 2015, 08:32:16 pm »

Simply jacking up the number of beasts/megabeasts and reducing the population caps should get that result.

Wheeljack

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes explosions for their BOOM
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 22, 2015, 02:00:22 pm »

Asked this in the World Cookbook thread in general discussion but I'll drop it here to cover my bases, too.

Quick question for those that are more knowledgeable than I: is there a way to guarantee at least 10-15 layers (possibly more) of the same rock? Or is this completely random? Also, what is the deepest soil layers can range?

I want to terraform a completely flat map into a grand fortress dug into a cliff face, but I'm having issues finding a good site. I would prefer not to have to DFHack the layers if it's something I can find normally but the largest stretch of rock I've found is 5-6 z layers and it wasn't near the surface. I think I saw a post that someone mentioned making the world very deep had an odd stretching effect on rock layers, but I also don't want to have to dig 200+ layers to get to lava.

Thanks in advance!

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 26, 2015, 02:28:55 pm »

I am looking for a non-savage (I hate animal men, but am too lazy to mod), evil, reanimating world, yet when I generate worlds that don't feature terrifying biomes, I fail to find any undead in the legends. Advice? Experience?

WordsandChaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Words and Chaos blog
« Reply #388 on: January 26, 2015, 03:48:48 pm »

Does anybody know a good way of generating islands that aren't so squarish? A lot of my genned worlds seem to hit the boundaries of the map and then stop on a roughly straight edge because they have to leave a tile of water between the land and the edge. The result is some fairly blocky maps, particularly noticeable at the corners, which I'd prefer to avoid. 

Any idea what can help to alleviate this?

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 01, 2015, 11:58:06 am »

Does anybody know a good way of generating islands that aren't so squarish? A lot of my genned worlds seem to hit the boundaries of the map and then stop on a roughly straight edge because they have to leave a tile of water between the land and the edge. The result is some fairly blocky maps, particularly noticeable at the corners, which I'd prefer to avoid. 

Any idea what can help to alleviate this?
This is the setup I have for a Pocket Island.  Note it is geared towards low-end Evil, which you can adjust with 'SQ_COUNT' and 'SAVAGERY' variance;

I am looking for a non-savage (I hate animal men, but am too lazy to mod), evil, reanimating world, yet when I generate worlds that don't feature terrifying biomes, I fail to find any undead in the legends. Advice? Experience?
These values have the most direct impact on beard-melting Evil !FUN!; [EVIL_CLOUD_NUMBER:<number>] [EVIL_RAIN_NUMBER:<number>] [REGIONAL_INTERACTION_NUMBER:<number>] [DISTURBANCE_INTERACTION_NUMBER:<number>]  Try cranking up these values and see what happens.  All have a range of 0-1k.

Edit; I found a fix.  For anyone else using extreme levels of Savagery, increase the total number of Civs, to the tune of 40-50.  This allows a handful of each to survive.
I have a query for WorldGen pros.  In short, I don't know why Elves/Humans/Kobolds do not spawn in the following World.  Not sure if it's the Good/Evil counts, the number of Titans & MBs, or my elevation tweaks.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 01:15:42 pm by Immortal-D »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37