Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 454592 times)

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #465 on: August 24, 2014, 02:36:36 pm »

For creatures that have "random" syndrome-inducing effects, can you get a syndrome that causes only unconsciousness and nothing else?

How about a syndrome that makes you into a zombie?

Can you coat weapons and arrows with syndrome-inducing dust/poison/blood by placing them physically close to the creature that emits those things?

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 24, 2014, 06:28:57 pm »

Does pet value matter at all? Does it effect anything other than the price of animals from caravans?

JLT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 27, 2014, 03:53:07 am »

Does anyone know whether attribute training has been changed?
I used to train up reservists by making them miners or engravers, but e.g. my miners don't seem to get much stronger at all, or at least not as fast as they used to.

Did Toady mention anything about this?

Borge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 27, 2014, 04:50:03 am »

Is it possible to make 1-2 dwarves in the SAME squad do a patrol route while the rest train? Or do they need to be in separate squads?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 27, 2014, 07:31:35 am »

Is it possible to make 1-2 dwarves in the SAME squad do a patrol route while the rest train? Or do they need to be in separate squads?

Yes.  Adding extra orders via (m)ilitary (s)chedule and then selecting the date in question and adding new (o)rders.  You end up being able to stipulate how many dwarves are required to do a task, like patrol.  And can add several tasks.  So 3 could be paroling while 3 more train and the other four sleep.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 27, 2014, 10:21:42 am »

I just got my first tantrum throwing Dwarf, who killed his companion in a fistfight. Guess it's time to set up a Justice System.
Whats the exact difference between a Sheriff, Captain of the Guard and the Hammerer?
I thought that a Sheriff is like the Captain of the Guard, just without a Squad, do I have this right?
Pardon for my mistakes
english isn't my native language

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 27, 2014, 12:00:28 pm »

I believe that's correct, but it's been a while since I last set up a justice system.

The hammerer is different though.  He or she is a noble that you appoint to carry out explicit executions, which are different from the accidental deaths the captain of the guard dishes out by punching skulls in when beating people.  Executions are normally assigned for vampire murders and the like, but I think they can be doled out for violation of mandates.  Maybe only if you have too many violators to be put in prison and more than a certain threshold for beatings.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 28, 2014, 03:34:21 am »

Okay, thanks. I think I will try to carry out the law now.
Pardon for my mistakes
english isn't my native language

heritage727

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 29, 2014, 09:12:43 am »

I haven't found water on my current embark yet, but the cave swallow men & women in the caverns have cave fish and cave lobsters. Does that mean that there is water down there somewhere?

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 04, 2014, 05:44:53 am »

If there are cave plants instead of just mud, then yes.

-

Artefact bronze of masterwork Addy for armour?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 05:52:39 am by Edmus »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 04, 2014, 08:40:38 am »

Material always trumps quality for armor and as far as I know weapons too.  I don't think anyone knows precisely how quality affects the two, but supposedly higher quality makes armor more likely to intercept attacks and weapons more likely to hit.

Thing is, it doesn't do a thing for penetration.  Only material matters for that.  On top of that, most pieces of armor have a 100% chance to intercept attacks on the body part they cover anyway.  So it really has no impact at all on armor, and while an artifact bronze sword might hit more often it will never penetrate even steel armor.

If anyone does know for sure if that is or isn't how quality levels work for weapons and armor, I'd love to hear it.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 04, 2014, 06:16:49 pm »

Artefact bronze of masterwork Addy for armour?

It's not even close.  The adamantine is vastly superior.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 05, 2014, 03:15:43 pm »

For some reason every winter the plump helmet selection for my farm plots will be shown in red and no seeds will be planted. Does anyone know what causes this?
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 05, 2014, 05:26:57 pm »

For some reason every winter the plump helmet selection for my farm plots will be shown in red and no seeds will be planted. Does anyone know what causes this?
There's a bug where it doesn't check next year's spring to see if the crop has time to grow.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 06, 2014, 09:34:23 am »

Does constructing a floor over a hole to the outside prevent the area below it from being sunny (i.e. preventing cave adaptation?)
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 268