Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is there a way to use fruit and nuts dropped from trees?  (Read 8734 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a way to use fruit and nuts dropped from trees?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2014, 11:53:09 am »

Dwarven, or elven?

My previous fortress, (the one that spawned this thread) had merchants come, but they did not offer fruit and nuts on the trade agreement pages. This second one, after genning with those tags in, allowed it.  Elves have those tags already, so when they show up they should bring fruit and nuts. Dwarves however would not normally have a way to collect such fruit.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2014, 12:15:03 pm »

Dwarven, or elven?

My previous fortress, (the one that spawned this thread) had merchants come, but they did not offer fruit and nuts on the trade agreement pages. This second one, after genning with those tags in, allowed it.  Elves have those tags already, so when they show up they should bring fruit and nuts. Dwarves however would not normally have a way to collect such fruit.
Dwarven.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2014, 02:09:23 pm »

the question was more for kouho, who said that he was able to buy fruit without the tags. i was asking if the fruit was purchased from dwarven merchants, or elven merchants.

also, some fruits come from bushes, which are harvestable by dwarves. this was specifically for tree based fruit: apples, pears, persimmons, peaches, etc.

kohou said he had cherries, which is a tree fruit, so i was wondering if he got it from elves or humans.

Kohou

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the Armok do you think I am?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2014, 04:48:09 pm »

You know,  I think I was wrong.   Now that you said persimmons, I think that's actually what it was.  I just remembered that it was one of the new fruits,  and I had cherries and persimmons on my map.  So apparently that was expected.

Sorry for the mixup.
"Don't worry Urist, the spider can't hurt us! He's trapped in an invisible box!"

"Don't dig for you!  Dig for me who digs for you!  Yours is the pick that will strike the earth!"

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2014, 06:11:20 pm »

Persimmon is a tree fruit.

Bush fruits are things like: Grapes, Raspberries, Strawberries, Blackberries, etc.

Did you get said persimmons from a dwarven merchant, or from an elven/human merchant?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 06:12:52 pm by wierd »
Pages: 1 [2]