Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Dragons In Adventurer Mode To Be Feared  (Read 5809 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Dragons In Adventurer Mode To Be Feared
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 10:59:14 am »

You think dragons are scary? Wait until you see hydras. Unless you're a legendary everything, you won't be able to deal with all those strikes from all of those heads.

And do you know what the vision cone looks like on hydras during sneak mode? Well it's not a cone. It's a circle. A big damn red circle.

I think the most powerful creature ever would be a hydra thrall. No lie.
The trick is to clog its teeth with corpses

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2014, 11:07:56 am »

Yeah, dragonfire's always worked. You could even use it yourself in 40d (though not at-will) and 0.34.01 on (at-will).
Yes, you could Breathe Dragonfire, but, in Adventurer Mode, it would only burn items and land, and not spread.  Now, it burns living creatures AND it spreads, and now it just basically works exactly like in Fortress Mode.

...It would burn creatures. You can try it right now!

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 11:27:05 am »

Is it manual blocking that makes it crash? I have been automatically blocking in adventure mode just fine...which I assume is the same thing just picked by the combat AI

Drolith

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 01:14:42 pm »

I had problems as a dragon from everyone running away or attacking me in terror. I found a fix is to hold people down and interrogate them for quests.

Just wanted to say your avatar gives fun flashbacks from my tamer in UO. Did you get that animation from insideUO program?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2014, 01:50:17 pm »

I had problems as a dragon from everyone running away or attacking me in terror. I found a fix is to hold people down and interrogate them for quests.

Just wanted to say your avatar gives fun flashbacks from my tamer in UO. Did you get that animation from insideUO program?
Just found it somewhere on the internet, sorry.
*edit Actually, it probably originates from here http://www.netanimations.net/Fire-Breathing-Dragons-Wizards-Fantasy-Gif-Animations.htm
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 01:55:35 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

glopso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2014, 05:01:31 pm »

I have been able to block without crashing in arena mode, but not with my adventurer. I suspect that it has something to do with skills, since I made the arena character with inflated stats

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2014, 05:17:29 pm »

The block bug is fixed already for the next version. It is in the changelog of the Mantis Bug Tracker.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2014, 05:58:55 pm »

Yeah, it was just a problem with the blocking menu that only triggered in release-compile mode.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

mario384

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2014, 09:05:14 pm »

Yeah, it was just a problem with the blocking menu that only triggered in release-compile mode.
It was inevitable.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2014, 09:07:40 pm »

It is terrifying.

This is like a traditional greeting now.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2014, 11:30:51 pm »

You think dragons are scary? Wait until you see hydras. Unless you're a legendary everything, you won't be able to deal with all those strikes from all of those heads.

And do you know what the vision cone looks like on hydras during sneak mode? Well it's not a cone. It's a circle. A big damn red circle.

I think the most powerful creature ever would be a hydra thrall. No lie.

Hydras are not as "epic" as they seem. The multi-attack Hydras do, and their stupidity in not doing accurate strikes with their multiheads, means they will often miss stationary targets.

Toady mentioned that hydras don't get a penalty for doing multiattacks. If they do, it's a bug and should be reported.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

fucduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2014, 11:38:35 pm »

« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 09:09:11 am by fucduck »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2014, 11:41:24 pm »

It is terrifying.

This is like a traditional greeting now.
It was inevitable.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

mario384

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2014, 09:01:22 am »

With these things called, "emotions" now all about, people are pretty scared of almost anything that COULD kill you now.  So what if I'm a giant spider with poison that paralyzes your lungs?  Don't discriminate.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2014, 10:37:13 am »

With these things called, "emotions" now all about, people are pretty scared of almost anything that COULD kill you now.  So what if I'm a giant spider with poison that paralyzes your lungs?  Don't discriminate.
You want to help them right? So web them down and demand they tell you about their problems.
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 [2] 3