Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 327735 times)

Bosa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3225 on: September 07, 2015, 03:17:51 pm »

Two quick questions as well, I'm brand new to modding but I haven't been able to pin down an answer on these either:

I'm trying to make a syndrome that turns the infected creature into metal (similar to a bronze colossus.)

[CE_BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:START:0:TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:BRONZE]

This doesn't seem to be working (and I'm not sure if it even can.) Is there another way I can achieve this effect with my syndrome?

Also, for [CE_DISPLAY_TILE] is there a way to inherit the creature's current display tile and only change the color?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 03:23:44 pm by Bosa »

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: September 07, 2015, 03:32:10 pm »

So yeah, it's just weird. I modded in gambesons but not any insert adjective plate armor.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: September 07, 2015, 03:38:43 pm »

Those are the names of randomly-generated armor pieces, usually only found in vaults.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: September 07, 2015, 04:03:30 pm »

OR AS ARTIFACTS. So dwarves can make them, just not with normal reactions, just as they can make sleek dresses and blowguns.
One wheel short of a wagon

Jazzeraint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: September 08, 2015, 04:11:27 am »

Apparently removing item_food from your raws leads to all cooking tasks processing, but providing no meal when finished, leaving the raw ingredients within the kitchen. No cancellation spam.
The silver is responsible for this How?

neilthrun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: September 08, 2015, 04:58:16 pm »

Hello Modders. Is it possible to edit the wind strength on an existing map or game world?

I just stupidly wasted a ton of time building a dozen windmills on top of a tower, meant to power some water and lava pumps.

Jazzeraint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: September 08, 2015, 07:03:48 pm »

I'm trying to make a reaction that turns 10 seeds (of any type) into dwarven wheat flour.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:SEEDS_TO_FLOUR]
[NAME:ground seeds into flour]
[BUILDING:QUERN:NONE]
[BUILDING:MILLSTONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:seeds:10:SEEDS:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:bag:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][BAG]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:PLANT_MAT:GRASS_WHEAT_CAVE:FLOUR_MAT]
[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:bag]
[SKILL:MILLING]

Using that reaction yields a bag full of "cave wheat plant", though, which isn't quite the desired result.

Suggestions? D:

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: September 08, 2015, 07:33:57 pm »

Cave Wheat doesn't have a FLOUR_MAT.

The material ID that is used for flour is MILL.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:SEEDS_TO_FLOUR]
[NAME:ground seeds into flour]
[BUILDING:QUERN:NONE]
[BUILDING:MILLSTONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:seeds:10:SEEDS:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:bag:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][BAG]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:PLANT_MAT:GRASS_WHEAT_CAVE:MILL]
[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:bag]
[SKILL:MILLING]

Jazzeraint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: September 08, 2015, 07:57:10 pm »

Worked perfectly, thanks!

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: September 09, 2015, 04:18:00 pm »

Is there any easy way to more easily decide the size of a creature in the raws? Some sort of easy-to-use size translationy thing? I'm getting tired of asking myself "How many humans could fit into a tyrannosaurus", and of course no larger animal's size is put into cubic centimeters. And if not, what is the easiest way to figure this sort of thing out?
Er, atleast I think that's right.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #3235 on: September 09, 2015, 05:17:40 pm »

Is there any easy way to more easily decide the size of a creature in the raws? Some sort of easy-to-use size translationy thing? I'm getting tired of asking myself "How many humans could fit into a tyrannosaurus", and of course no larger animal's size is put into cubic centimeters. And if not, what is the easiest way to figure this sort of thing out?
The sizes are approximately grams. So 60 000 = 60 kg = 132 lbs
Helps to have the kg or lbs weight as a comment in the raws:
   [BODY_SIZE:0:0:800]
   [BODY_SIZE:1:0:16500]
   [BODY_SIZE:6:0:65000] "Emus weigh between 18 and 60 kg (40 and 130 lb)"

Wiki on BODY_SIZE token: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/v0.34:Creature_token#B
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 05:20:29 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: September 09, 2015, 05:33:09 pm »

Theoretically the density of all animals or at least all vertebrates is fairly similar.  If you know the density of an animal and the weight of an animal, you can find the volume of the animal, you might even be able to just plop it into Google's calculator. 

Google says human density is about 1020 kg/m3, and dinosaurs probably had a density close to 1 g/ml, same as water.  Tyrannosaurus apparently weighed about 9 tons or 8160 kg.  So 1020kg/1m3 = 8160kg/Xm3.  I forget how to do that kind of algebra, but the answer is in there somewhere. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: September 09, 2015, 05:36:25 pm »

I want to make Gabbro men, Blizzard men, Molemarians etc into their own non-playable goblin-like entities.  Do I need to add [INTELLIGENT] to each creature or will they work out of the box? 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: September 09, 2015, 05:38:38 pm »

If you want them to actually do anything other than terrorize their neighbours, yes.

If you just want them to mindlessly go to war with everyone, then no. In fact, not being able to speak helps matters, as they would not be able to negotiate peace, leaving everyone else hostile with them by default.

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: September 09, 2015, 07:48:35 pm »

Theoretically the density of all animals or at least all vertebrates is fairly similar.  If you know the density of an animal and the weight of an animal, you can find the volume of the animal, you might even be able to just plop it into Google's calculator. 

Google says human density is about 1020 kg/m3, and dinosaurs probably had a density close to 1 g/ml, same as water.  Tyrannosaurus apparently weighed about 9 tons or 8160 kg.  So 1020kg/1m3 = 8160kg/Xm3.  I forget how to do that kind of algebra, but the answer is in there somewhere.

Ah, I never saw the grams bit in the token's description. Thanks for the help, now my Rex's can be somewhat realistic.
Er, atleast I think that's right.
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 247