Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 327167 times)

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2460 on: April 21, 2015, 01:26:49 pm »

Does the reaction file have a file ID at the top? How about an OBJECT:REACTION tag? Do other reactions in the same file work?

Yes, yes, and yes. The reaction_other is there, same as [OBJECT:REACTION], and all other reactions in the same file (milling, glazing, etc.) work. Just this one doesn't.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: April 21, 2015, 01:49:19 pm »

Hmm... I don't see anything wrong with it, but I am probably (obviously) missing something.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: April 21, 2015, 02:12:06 pm »

Did you remember to permit the reaction within the entity file?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: April 21, 2015, 02:13:32 pm »

Two things that trip up a lot of people: this reaction existed at the time the world was generated, and it is a PERMITTED_REACTION in your fort's entity, correct?  These two requirements have a magical ability to slip beneath people's radar on occasion, no matter how experienced they are with modding.

Edit: Ninja'd by BlackFlyme.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: April 22, 2015, 12:05:16 am »

Oh, yes, it was the reaction permit. Thank y'all guys for advice!

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: April 22, 2015, 04:05:43 am »

I have a question about frequencies: say, I have a plant with a FREQUENCY:40. Now, according to the wikia, that means that the plant has a 40% chance of appearing. Does that mean that a region has a 40% chance of containing it, or that it has a 40 chance of appearing with the game makes a plant grow?

Same for creature frequencies. Does the frequency determine if a region has a creature or how often the game sends packs of the creature against you?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: April 22, 2015, 04:08:51 am »

For plants, I bet it's the second, with the total population following from there. I used it to make fruit trees a rarity in forests of maple or pine or whatever the common tree of the longitude was.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: April 22, 2015, 04:14:27 am »

Okay, thanks a lot

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: April 22, 2015, 05:13:18 am »

Now that I think of it, I think creatures use FREQUENCY for both too. It definitely means how often they wander in from the map borders (that's why ravens and formerly insect men were so fuckoff numerous), but I can't think of anything specific that'd determine population multiplication rate.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: April 22, 2015, 05:15:37 am »

So frequency determines how often you'll encounter something in fortress mode, not how often a region in general contains a creature. Thank you, that will help a lot.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: April 22, 2015, 08:02:22 am »

One other thing to note about frequencies... they are all relative to one another.  Two different creatures with frequency 50 will be as likely to appear as each other, but they won't appear 50% of the time.  One stark example is gems, where a lot of them have the same frequency of 100.

The only way to (almost) guarantee something shows up is to make it "ubiquitous".
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: April 22, 2015, 09:15:57 am »

Thank you very much :)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: April 23, 2015, 09:31:53 pm »

I'm prettu sure UBIQUITOUS makes creatures appear in every eligible biome despite of rarity, unless it has been changed. It should have minimum effect on spawn rate.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

perkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: April 25, 2015, 11:59:04 am »

Hi everyone new "modder" here. Started today.
I am trying to create myself some proper crafting mod as wanderer and others are not really my cup of tea.
Most of the time i just learn from other mods but this time i have a problem and so far all my tries fails i also have few general questions:

MAIN PROBLEM

I am trying to create reactions which will create full functioning waterskin in adventure mode here is my code:

[REACTION:MAKE_LEATHER_WATERSKIN_ADV_ARP]
   [NAME:make leather waterskin (2 leathers + knife + needle)]
   [ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
   [REAGENT:leather:1:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [REAGENT:leather for rope:1:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [REAGENT:knife:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_KNIFE:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
   [REAGENT:needle:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_NEEDLE:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:FLASK:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:leather:NONE]
   [SKILL:LEATHERWORK]

This creates waterskin. Waterskin has ability to store things in it but it doesn't work like waterskin completely. Mainly when i put water into it still shows same water when i try to put next water into it nor i can't fill it up near water source. IT also displays giberish when i try to wear it:

What i do wrong ?

I assume that FLASK isn't proper name product.

Is there any handbook or wiki with names for different things ? I mean for example i want to use ROPE for that waterskin instead of second skin but i don't know how to make rope via reaction properly nor there is rope in raws to see it.

GENERAL QUESTIONS ABOUT MODDING DF:

1st question

[REAGENT:leather:1:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]

Is there any readme to read what is each of those ? I get that those are fuctions arguments (i did some coding earlier). Sure i can figure out that first one is name 3rd is object type but 2 and rest and unknown to me.

2nd question

I noticed that when you butcher animal in adv mode it uses all objects which have edge.
I assume that this has to do something with [HAS_EDGE] tag (if it type that correctly)

if i would use something like [REAGENT:sharpobject:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][HAS_EDGE] would this mean that this would use any object with edge ?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: April 25, 2015, 02:21:13 pm »

First, it should be SKIN_TANNED:NONE:NONE:NONE, not SKIN_TANNED:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE.

Second, that's not gibberish. Your adventurer will usually wear waterskins on items.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 247