Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 327736 times)

Urist McGoombaBrother

• Bay Watcher
  • Trust the plump helmet! ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1995 on: January 21, 2015, 03:27:05 pm »

Ok. That's what I cooked up so far:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I took some existing plants as base and tried to amend them to fit my purpose. Despite of the GROWTH:ROOTS - tokens (including the material definitions- how to do?), the rest should be somehow ok - at least I hope so.

I borrowed also one code line from the quarry bushes and amended it to: [ITEM_REACTION_PRODUCT:BAG_ITEM:PLANT_GROWTH:ROOTS:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:ROOT]. So, when done correctly, one bag plus one mandrake yields one mandrake root?

Will be awesome, if you could have a look onto this code. Thx. :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 03:36:07 pm by Urist McGoombaBrother »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: January 21, 2015, 03:30:35 pm »

Ok. That's what I cooked up so far:

I took some existing plants as base and tried to amend them to fit my purpose. Despite of the GROWTH:ROOTS - tokens (including the material definitions- how to do?), the rest should be somehow ok - at least I hope so.

I borrowed also one code line from the quarry bushes and amended it to: [ITEM_REACTION_PRODUCT:BAG_ITEM:PLANT_GROWTH:ROOTS:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:ROOT]. So, when done correctly, one bag plus one mandrake yields one mandrake root?

Will be awesome, if you could have a look onto this code. Thx. :)
Would be glad to look at it, but work is getting in the way.  If no plant experts have seen this by then, I'll see if I can help.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Urist McGoombaBrother

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: January 21, 2015, 03:37:25 pm »

Thx alot. There's no rush.

One more thing coming into my mind: I fear the above code does now make alcohol out of the main plant and not the roots ...  :-\

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: January 21, 2015, 03:46:15 pm »

It shouldn't. You don't have [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRINK_MAT] in the main part of the plant.

You are lacking a root material, and [STOCKPILE_PLANT_GROWTH] is a material token, not a plant growth token.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: January 21, 2015, 08:33:10 pm »

Is there a place to ask for ideas for creatures?  My fairy dragon seems to have the magical power of causing havoc in my raws, so I've been forced to get rid of it.  Now I need to come up with another possibility for a good-aligned wetland creature.  The only halfway-decent one I can come up with is a makara, and idk if that would be too culturally appropriative?  I would probably envision it as some juggalo in a codpiece a tusked croco-deer.  Wetlands have been seen as scary and dark places for so long, so it's hard to find ideas for a benevolent swamp creature.

I do have ideas for a swamp thing, to complement the sasquatch and yeti.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: January 21, 2015, 08:35:42 pm »

I can give a suggestion.
A humanoid beast made of lilies, both the flower and the pad.
To support the mass of plant, it has a skeleton made of wood.
Still flimsy, but far less so.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: January 21, 2015, 08:52:53 pm »

I've thought about humanoids such as nymphs, because they're usually where there are trees or water, and swamps have no shortage of both.  I tend to go with the "make it useful", "useful" meaning it can be butchered and/or tamed.  Not really sure what you'd do with those things (lily golems?), except perhaps get special wood.  We have a sore lack of green-colored lumber in DF.

Then again, people never had a problem with factory-farming mermaids, so I guess they might be a place to start from.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: January 21, 2015, 08:56:17 pm »

I was thinking the lily golems would be about as smart as trolls - not the brightest, but still intelligent.
Killing them for their special green logs would be dramatically less sadistic than mermaid drowning traps, since they'd be plentiful in their home biome, not hard to acquire, and simple to kill.
Plus, their logs would be as valuable as any; it'd be just as simple to brutalize a couple wagons for their logs.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: January 22, 2015, 11:01:08 am »

I've thought about humanoids such as nymphs, because they're usually where there are trees or water, and swamps have no shortage of both.
Yeah, there are a bunch of variations on nymphs for different biomes, and there's no need to stick strictly to what Greek Mythology had.  Normally such similar variations might be suitable as castes, but all castes of a creature need to share the same biome(s).  That means a different creature for each type, and they're likely to crowd each other out in varied terrain.  That is, you're fairly likely to see one kind of nymph in a good-aligned embark site, but probably only one kind.

Someday, good/evil biomes are going to be generalized to Spheres, and nymphs might do a better job of competing for spawn slots.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Urist McGoombaBrother

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: January 22, 2015, 11:27:27 am »

It shouldn't. You don't have [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRINK_MAT] in the main part of the plant.

You are lacking a root material, and [STOCKPILE_PLANT_GROWTH] is a material token, not a plant growth token.

I added now following part:

Code: [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:ROOT:FRUIT_TEMPLATE]
                [MATERIAL_VALUE:1]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL:BROWN]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
                [STOCKPILE_PLANT_GROWTH]

Does this work as material identifier? If not, which code to use?

My full code looks now like this:

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: January 22, 2015, 04:26:58 pm »

Any ideas why creatures look so dark?

They are supposed to look like that:

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: January 22, 2015, 05:14:45 pm »

(Finally, a question I can answer)

Are your graphics set to be AS_IS or ADD_COLOR? If they are set to the latter in their raw files, then the sprites will be colored over in-game, which might darken them. You can read more about graphics sets here.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: January 22, 2015, 05:54:39 pm »

Where exactly are the interactions stored?
Interactions like necromancy and such.
Are they in the normal raws or are they hardcoded?
Does the examples folder matter?
I've heard that it both doesn't matter and does matter.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: January 22, 2015, 06:00:40 pm »

Necromancy, were-beasts, vampires, and other such interactions are hard-coded and slightly randomized. They can be disabled in the advanced world generator. Interactions similar to these that are created by the player will still appear even if their coded counterparts are disabled in the advanced world generator.

The example folder is just a folder of examples.

There are a few interactions in the interactions_standard file of the raws, but that is just stuff like cats cleaning themselves or bumping heads, material emissions, and the interactions that squids, octopuses, and cuttlefish use to disappear when they spray ink.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: January 22, 2015, 07:14:22 pm »

Thanks for the clarification.
EDIT: Is this a valid syndrome?
Code: [Select]
[CE_BRUISING:SEV:25:PROB:100:BP:UPPERBODY:SKIN:BP:LOWERBODY:SKIN:START:750:PEAK:1500:END:3600]
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 247