Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 327787 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1980 on: January 20, 2015, 08:44:56 pm »

Yes and I don't understand the second question.

golemgunk

• Bay Watcher
  • you are melting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: January 20, 2015, 09:08:57 pm »

Does the syndrome token [RESISTABLE] do anything?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: January 20, 2015, 09:10:38 pm »

When editing tool files, is it possible to have more than one TOOL_USE? And is it disastrous to not fill out every possible use?

I don't think anything would go awry if you were to not cover every possible tool use.

I outright removed all tools in a test world, and the only thing lost was convenience.

Does the syndrome token [RESISTABLE] do anything?

I think it allows creatures a chance to resist the syndrome, partly based on their disease resistance attribute. Though I don't know for certain. Strange that the token isn't mentioned on the syndrome page, aside from being used in two example syndromes.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 09:13:47 pm by BlackFlyme »

Urist McGoombaBrother

• Bay Watcher
  • Trust the plump helmet! ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: January 21, 2015, 12:54:29 am »

@Dirst: Many, many thanks for your comprehensive answers. Those helped a lot.

Regarding this one:

This one has three growth types (Leaves, Heart and Flowers). I have also seen Buds, Fruit, Pod and Bulb. Which others are possible?

Is it possible to name one type e.g. [GROWTH:ROOTS]. Which item token will I have to use for it? e.g. Will something like this work:?

Code: [Select]
[GROWTH:ROOTS]
[GROWTH_NAME:mandrake root:mandrake roots]
[GROWTH_ITEM:PLANT_GROWTH:NONE:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:ROOT]
[GROWTH_DENSITY:1000]
[GROWTH_PRINT:189:189:6:0:0:ALL:1]

wolflance

• Bay Watcher
  • Not knowing is half the Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: January 21, 2015, 03:07:39 am »

Any way to make leather and cloth wall in the fortress mode a.l.a. army camp?

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: January 21, 2015, 04:24:11 am »

Any way to make leather and cloth wall in the fortress mode a.l.a. army camp?
Try making a reaction to make a block out of leather and cloth. I'm not too sure about this one.
I do stuff, I guess

WinterLilium

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: January 21, 2015, 05:12:19 am »

How would I go about making an interaction that targets only children, and only children of a specific caste at that? (I'm looking to make a syndrome that permanently transforms those children into another thing half the time.)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: January 21, 2015, 05:27:34 am »

Can't

WinterLilium

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: January 21, 2015, 05:38:22 am »

Welp. That... Would explain why it's proving hard to find anything regarding doing so. XD

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: January 21, 2015, 07:20:12 am »

How would I go about making an interaction that targets only children, and only children of a specific caste at that? (I'm looking to make a syndrome that permanently transforms those children into another thing half the time.)
The closest thing would be giving the whole caste an interaction that targets itself and can only fire once. 50% chance of going to the next stage of interaction that has tramsform syndrome. Would happen to babies in fort and migrants on arrival.
Check Halfling's disease mod on DFFD (the updated version) for ideas on particular raws.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1990 on: January 21, 2015, 07:23:06 am »

The closest thing would be giving the whole caste an interaction that targets itself and can only fire once. 50% chance of going to the next stage of interaction that has tramsform syndrome. Would happen to babies in fort and migrants on arrival.
Check Halfling's disease mod on DFFD (the updated version) for ideas on particular raws.
No, you cant.

Only way to target specifically children is with Roses wrapper scripts for dfhack. Halflins disease mod wont help.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: January 21, 2015, 07:49:12 am »

No, you cant.

Only way to target specifically children is with Roses wrapper scripts for dfhack. Halflins disease mod wont help.
We all have moments where we parse oddly (or not at all) so emphasis added. I hope you have a good day Meph ^_^
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: January 21, 2015, 10:41:27 am »

@Dirst: Many, many thanks for your comprehensive answers. Those helped a lot.

Regarding this one:

This one has three growth types (Leaves, Heart and Flowers). I have also seen Buds, Fruit, Pod and Bulb. Which others are possible?

Is it possible to name one type e.g. [GROWTH:ROOTS]. Which item token will I have to use for it? e.g. Will something like this work:?

[GROWTH_ITEM:PLANT_GROWTH:NONE:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:ROOT]
That would work, so long as you have a ROOT material defined.  Otherwise just use the existing WOOD material.  You might want to add [GROWTH_HOST_TILE:ROOTS] to make them appear on the right part of the tree, though I don't know how that affects gathering them.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Urist McGoombaBrother

• Bay Watcher
  • Trust the plump helmet! ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: January 21, 2015, 02:08:09 pm »

Do the tree entries work for non-trees as well? However, Mandrake looks like this:

This plant has big green leaves. And directly connected is a big root, often resembling human shape. Because of that and it's halluzinogenic effect, it was often used for magic rituals. I would like to use their roots to brew some strong alcohol out of it.

How to define a new material? But if material token wood works the same way, that will be as good.

Where to put the [STOCKPILE_PLANT_GROWTH] token to make the raw roots appear in the stockpile as plant entry?

What about amending the code like this?

[GROWTH_ITEM:PLANT_GROWTH:NONE:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:WOOD]
[STOCKPILE_PLANT_GROWTH]

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: January 21, 2015, 02:50:20 pm »

Sorry, I mis-read the mandrake as mangrove, thus the reference to wood and tree parts.  I doubt the location tag would make any difference on a single-tile plant, though it might affect how things are described in Adventure mode.

If the root is to have medicinal/ritual properties, then it should be its own material possibly with REACTION_CLASS tags in it.  I'd suggest not making it edible so that it doesn't end up in the kitchen.  Or make it edible with a nasty syndrome, and force the player to stockpile it very carefully.

Look at the vanilla BREW_DRINK_FROM_PLANT_GROWTH or PROCESS_PLANT_TO_BAG reactions for how to process the roots.  Those use the reaction-product tags that are new to 0.40, which are worth learning.

Simulating the alleged danger of harvesting mandrake would be difficult (requiring event triggers in DFHack) without adding any fun for the player.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 247