Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 327339 times)

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #375 on: July 17, 2014, 04:51:24 am »

Does anyone know what's the token for item-clouds the toady has been talking about?
WEB_SPRAY doesn't cut it.
Edit:Right, I've found it on wiki, for some reason I was looking on the old version page before that.

Editedit: but for some reason this line does nothing:
[CDI:MATERIAL:PLANT_MAT:PEACH:LEAF:TRAILING_ITEM_FLOW:BOULDER]
Has anyone successfully used it?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 05:21:46 am by Di »
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 17, 2014, 05:40:20 am »

It does nothing when creatures do it. It seems to be strictly for the use of trees and plants.

jeturcotte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 17, 2014, 08:05:52 am »

I'm having some difficulty here... I have some of my own raws to work with and they seem to work pretty well with DF2014; however, I am having a problem where there are never goblin civilizations.  See their entry here:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The only difference is a couple added weapon tokens from my weapons file; similar tokens have been added to humans, dwarves, elves, etc... and they all spawn just fine.  But goblins seem to be extinct.  They will not spawn in my custom worldgen or in any of the standard worldgens...

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 17, 2014, 08:08:37 am »

The biome choice tokens had some changes to them. Take the default 0.40 entity file and paste those bits over your own, see what happens.

jeturcotte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 17, 2014, 08:16:38 am »

The biome choice tokens had some changes to them. Take the default 0.40 entity file and paste those bits over your own, see what happens.

That's exactly what the above is; the 0.40.x original with the KRYSS entry added... literally the only difference.  Elves and Kobolds also have access to these but continue to spawn; I double checked that the added [T_WORD]s to language_GOBLIN.txt didn't have a typo that might have caused DF to silently toss out the whole thing as one giant exception but, no, they're just as intact as all the other races that DO spawn.  *shrug* =(

jeturcotte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 17, 2014, 08:30:08 am »

That's exactly what the above is; the 0.40.x original with the KRYSS entry added... literally the only difference.  Elves and Kobolds also have access to these but continue to spawn; I double checked that the added [T_WORD]s to language_GOBLIN.txt didn't have a typo that might have caused DF to silently toss out the whole thing as one giant exception but, no, they're just as intact as all the other races that DO spawn.  *shrug* =(

Even going back to the original goblin definition, they do not spawn... the heck; there's nothing unique to goblins left that could explain why only they don't spawn.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 17, 2014, 08:34:33 am »

When the game spawns civilizations, it starts from the top of the file and works its way down. When it reaches the bottom, it spawns an ENTITY:MOUNTAIN again and so forth.

Maybe your worlds aren't putting down enough civs to reach goblins. Stick them to the top of the file and you'll see if that was the issue.

Lukander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 17, 2014, 09:04:39 am »

[CDI:MATERIAL:PLANT_MAT:PEACH:LEAF:TRAILING_ITEM_FLOW:BOULDER]... Try the below instead

[CDI:MATERIAL:PLANT_MAT:PEACH:LEAF:TRAILING_ITEM_FLOW:PLANT_GROWTH:NONE]

OR

[CDI:MATERIAL:PEACH:LEAF:TRAILING_ITEM_FLOW:PLANT_GROWTH:NONE]

OR

[CDI:MATERIAL:PEACH:LEAF:TRAILING_ITEM_FLOW:PLANT_GROWTH:LEAVES]

OR

[CDI:MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:<this creatures desired material>:TRAILING_ITEM_FLOW:BOULDER:NONE]

one of these should work... Remember with LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT to have a valid material in the creature RAW.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 09:21:20 am by Lukander »

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
  • Looks like cat for dinner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 17, 2014, 09:08:58 am »

When the game spawns civilizations, it starts from the top of the file and works its way down. When it reaches the bottom, it spawns an ENTITY:MOUNTAIN again and so forth.

Maybe your worlds aren't putting down enough civs to reach goblins. Stick them to the top of the file and you'll see if that was the issue.

I'm definitely posting this in the suggestions forum for optional random or swap to random.. if that's the case that's severely problematic/annoying lol
Advanced Civilizations (0.40.X+)

Former creator of Metallurgy, Atum, Aquaculture, and Agriculture for Minecraft and Toxic Worlds for Starbound.

jeturcotte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 17, 2014, 09:16:09 am »

That might or might not have worked in the scenario you listed, but it did not help me... what I DID find, however, was that some of the creature_variation work HAD changed in the new version that mine was overwriting... poking around in errorlog.txt helped identify that finally; fixed unrelated things with typos in inorganic_minerals which should have nothing to do with it... and I am finding that some thing may also have changed in how colors are applied (with the only animals i've gotten around to adding, unlike any other already in-game)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

the only errors left;  and I can report goblins are back; so somehow the creature variations business must have been involved though the actual impeding error is not immediately obvious to me yet, or why it didn't effect any other race.  *oh well*
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 09:20:03 am by jeturcotte »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 17, 2014, 09:22:59 am »

Does anyone know what's the token for item-clouds the toady has been talking about?
WEB_SPRAY doesn't cut it.
Edit:Right, I've found it on wiki, for some reason I was looking on the old version page before that.

Editedit: but for some reason this line does nothing:
[CDI:MATERIAL:PLANT_MAT:PEACH:LEAF:TRAILING_ITEM_FLOW:BOULDER]
Has anyone successfully used it?

[CDI:MATERIAL:INORGANIC:IRON:TRAILING_ITEM_FLOW:TRAPCOMP:ITEM_TRAPCOMP_LARGESERRATEDDISC] works (as well as it was going to work - we knew this wouldn't be a viable attack). Translating it to peach leaves should be:

[CDI:MATERIAL:PLANT_MAT:PEACH:LEAF:TRAILING_ITEM_FLOW:PLANT_GROWTH:PEACH:LEAVES]

Boulders would be BOULDER:NONE.

Also note that it might not be immediately obvious that the interaction works - there won't be items on the ground, but item spatter, which adventurers can pick up as items. That means the floor will use the same tile, but a different color, which could be hard to see.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

jeturcotte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 17, 2014, 10:18:05 am »

On another topic, I've started making a more modular set of animals, starting with birds (thrush family in this case.)  I've given them more descriptive natures, but am having trouble with one small thing...

given:

[BODY:HUMANOID_ARMLESS_NECK:2WINGS:2EYES:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:GIZZARD:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:4TOES:BEAK:RIBCAGE]

the following:

[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:BEAK:BEAK]
         [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:AMBER:1:FLAX:1:GOLDEN_YELLOW:2:YELLOW:1]
         [TLCM_NOUN:beak:SINGULAR]

does not ever get included... in fact, it is probably the reason for the following in the errorlog.txt:

BIRD_THRUSH_TITANIC_ROBIN Color Mod Ending With (YELLOW,1) Was Not Used

I've tried it with BY_CATEGORY:BEAK, ":BEAK:ALL, BEAK:SKIN, BEAK:NAIL, ALL:BEAK, etc... no results yet.  Insights?  Thanks!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 17, 2014, 10:27:21 am »

I think it should be BEAK:BONE. Beaks get the 4th tissue in the list of VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS, which is bone for most creatures.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

jeturcotte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 17, 2014, 10:31:50 am »

I think it should be BEAK:BONE. Beaks get the 4th tissue in the list of VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS, which is bone for most creatures.

You, sir, are correct::

A large and thoroughly vicious robin-like monster.  She is gigantic.  Her head feathers are charcoal.  Her chest feathers are auburn.  Her back is beige.  Her wings are charcoal.  Her lower legs and feet are gray.  Her eyes are black.  Her beak is amber.

*bow*  Serves me right for not having thought of that

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 17, 2014, 11:43:29 am »

I'm trying to make a [sound] but peaceful_intermittent isn't recognized and the creature isn't making the sound when I set it to alert and with 1 delay
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 247