Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22

Author Topic: <Syndicate II> - Chapter 10: New Friends  (Read 39129 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate II> - Chapter 4: Meeting the Locals
« Reply #210 on: September 12, 2014, 03:31:19 pm »

"Perfect. Should we, uh...meet somewhere? Just so I can see you face-to-face? I generally prefer to have contacts that I know as more than a disembodied voice, y'know? The pub here works."
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 12, 2014, 04:35:20 pm »

((inb4 its a police officer again))
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 12, 2014, 07:40:03 pm »

Hm. This RTD, I like it. WAITLIST!

Name: Daina Swanson
Previous Occupation: U.S. Navy

Appearance: Daina's hair is short and brown, usually kept in a tight bun. She has olive skin, is about 5'8", and is lithe and wiry.
Background: Daina joined the military at age 18 and ended up serving for six years. When she got back to the States, she found it hard to find a job that had a use for her particular expertise. The Syndicate, however, sounded lik it could use somebody who knew their way around a gun.

Major Skill: Firearms
Minor Skills: CQC, Tactics

Ye shall be Waitlisted.

"Perfect. Should we, uh...meet somewhere? Just so I can see you face-to-face? I generally prefer to have contacts that I know as more than a disembodied voice, y'know? The pub here works."

"Yeah, cool. We could meet at the Pub, but if you don't want anyone to see me come in, what about at Titan Burger? We can talk over lunch."

((inb4 its a police officer again))

"Actually, I'm the head of police." Suddenly, 500 SWAT Officers rush into the Bar. Aaron fires off many fireballs, but his MP Bar is rapidly depleting!"

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 12, 2014, 08:40:47 pm »

"I could go for a burger. I'll see you there at around lunch, alright?"

"Actually, I'm the head of police." Suddenly, 500 SWAT Officers rush into the Bar. Aaron fires off many fireballs, but his MP Bar is rapidly depleting!"

((I'M GONNA NEED SOME BACKUP.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 12, 2014, 08:46:46 pm »

"See ya', make sure no one's following yo too close." He hangs up.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 12, 2014, 10:34:18 pm »

He hangs up, and...well, pretty much just waits until it's time to go to the lunch meeting.

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 14, 2014, 03:33:27 am »

((TRENT CRASHES THROUGH THE DOOR ON A MOTORCYCLE DOING A WHEELIE WHILE THROWING 800 KNIVES AT SWAT POLICE AND DRINKS AN ELIXER TO REFILL HIS DEPLETED MP BAR))
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 14, 2014, 02:14:01 pm »

((TRENT CRASHES THROUGH THE DOOR ON A MOTORCYCLE DOING A WHEELIE WHILE THROWING 800 KNIVES AT SWAT POLICE AND DRINKS AN ELIXER TO REFILL HIS DEPLETED MP BAR))
((DAVE DRIVES UP IN AN ARMORED CAR, GATLING GUNS SPITTING BULLETS EVERY WHICH WAY, DESTROYING THE APCS PARKED OUTSIDE.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 14, 2014, 02:18:56 pm »

((Tom just walks in and shoots everyone. Like a boss.))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 14, 2014, 03:03:35 pm »

"L-Listen g-guys, I've h-heard your s-s-stuffs the s-shit, no o-other d-dealers a-are w-worth a DAMN, I-i'll get y-your m-money a-and i-if you give me the n-number I-i'll be a repeat customer."
He tries to sound as desperate as possible.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 23, 2014, 03:06:12 am »

"Alright! Who else among you can fight? Training? Brawls? Anything, as long as you don't mind breaking bones and drawing blood.?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate II> - Chapter 5: Unwanted Offers
« Reply #221 on: September 24, 2014, 09:53:26 pm »

Chapter 5: Unwanted Offers

Show them the stacks o' cash, and try to finish up Recruiting.
Help Marshall and Eloni lead the prospective recruits to the Pub and finish up recruiting
"Alright! Who else among you can fight? Training? Brawls? Anything, as long as you don't mind breaking bones and drawing blood.?

With the flash of serious cash and some more discussion, the three guys decide to give the Syndicate a shot. They follow Marshall, Trent and Eloni back towards the pub. "Alright! Who else among you can fight? Training? Brawls? Anything, as long as you don't mind breaking bones and drawing blood.? One of them speaks up, "I've won every fight I've been in, what do you want me to do? I'll tear through any punkass motherfucker stepping up to our shit." The three of them seem to really be getting into the whole "gangsta'" persona.

As they make their way back to the Pub, a black helicopter passes above. One of the recruits comments, "Ghetto birds are everywhere these days, goddamn..."

Whew. Okay, this is NOT going to be a pub for a looong while, barring any sudden massive cash influxes/deals from license owners. Take some time off, practice the stabby thing for a bit in a fairly discreet area of the pub and estimate cost for minimal repairs to get us a slightly more fire-safe bar. If the recruits arrive, see what skills they have.

"Hey, what kind of car do you guys want?"

Dave sees the price for a Liquor license and decide he should go back to the whole knife business. [6] He practices a bit until he feels fresh once more. He tosses a couple knives at a dartboard, sinking both of them in. Looks like his practices have paid off after all. [+1 Knife-Throwing] As for repairing the Pub with fire-proofing measures, a Fire Extinguisher would run at about $50-$80, while a Sprinkler System would net anywhere from $300 to $2,500, depending on how much protection and power Dave would want for the whole place.
Outside, he watches the gang pull in some new kids, he overhears one of them bragging about his alleged fighting skills.

Run up behind pipe man and slam him face first into the wall preferably without him hearing me, accept the job but try to get higher pay citing my experience and promising quick results.

Preston bargains with the Ibrahim Brothers for better pay. They accept the offer and tell him that they'll consider raising his salary.

Later in the alley, Preston sneaks up on the guy with the pipe. [4] He remains unseen by either of the muggers as they busy themselves with holding up the businessman. [3 vs. 5] He grabs the pipe thug's head but its shaken off. [4 vs. 6] He swings his pipe, but Preston ducks under it. [5 vs. 4] The lawyer punches his opponent right in the chest, knocking him off balance for a second. The second thug lets go of the businessman, "Who the fuck-?"

Work in the taxi, get bits of gossip as I do so.

Freedom begins to work in his taxi, driving clients around, listening for interesting bits of gossip. [4] From one client, he overhears that a reggaeton artist by the name of "Yolando Jamez" is playing at the Bloodjuice Club downtown tonight, and that he's apparently affiliated with the Muchachos Asesinas.

He hangs up, and...well, pretty much just waits until it's time to go to the lunch meeting.

Aaron watches the clock until its time for lunch. He walks downtown towards Titan Burger, looking for his contact. Inside the robust, rustic bugeria, a grungy straw-haired fellow in a brown jacket waves at him. "Bro, you called?"

"L-Listen g-guys, I've h-heard your s-s-stuffs the s-shit, no o-other d-dealers a-are w-worth a DAMN, I-i'll get y-your m-money a-and i-if you give me the n-number I-i'll be a repeat customer."
He tries to sound as desperate as possible.

Mason tries to pass himself off as a desperate junkie to the Aztecas. [1] "Please, I'll g-give you w-what you w-want!" The gang seems interested. "I'll s-suck your d-dicks!" And then a silence comes over all of the green shirts. One of them shoves Mason backwards with the butt of his gun, "Get the fuck out of here!"

Spoiler: Syndicate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kings (click to show/hide)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 24, 2014, 09:58:38 pm »

" Fuck off now. Unless you want to go to prison the cops are already coming. "

Persuade them to leave, or if that fails kick pipe man in the nuts and then use his pipe on his friend.

If they do go then check on my new friend.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 24, 2014, 10:30:16 pm »

Continue driving around until I make my quota, pickup more bits of gossip along the way.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 24, 2014, 10:30:55 pm »

"Ayyyyy, mate, what's up?"

Sit down and begin real talk.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22