Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Turret Question  (Read 1834 times)

Lurker28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Turret Question
« on: July 04, 2014, 12:15:47 am »

I'm having an issue getting turrets to work. I had two dwarves go into fey moods and come out with turrets. I have a dragonfire and a web turret.

I tried to create a pasture and set a turret to a 1:1 square. However, there was a no turret available to select as an animal, what am I missing here? I couldn't find much about this in the masterwork guides...it just says they need a pasture. Any assistance would be helpful.

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Turret Question
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 12:30:50 am »

...they artifact'd a turret? o.O? I've never heard of that, let alone seen that kind of behavior myself. presumably that's a bug, as turrets are 'pets' - artifacts (to my grasping) are always objects (not pets).

So they went to a machine factory in a mood, and created turrets to be clear? As yes. I've never, EVER seen this happen in 150+ forts that has the machine factory/turrets...

Szarrukin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 02:48:37 am »

I've an artifact "adjustable turret", whatever it is.

razorback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 03:05:24 am »

I also have got an adjustable turret in my recent kobold fort.
it seems that its a kind of gnomish armortype.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 04:21:08 am »

Its a gnomish thing, you have to ask IndigoFenix. They are generally used to outfit his mechanical animals, I dont know if dwarves can use it for anything.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Lurker28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 11:26:50 am »

...they artifact'd a turret? o.O? I've never heard of that, let alone seen that kind of behavior myself. presumably that's a bug, as turrets are 'pets' - artifacts (to my grasping) are always objects (not pets).

So they went to a machine factory in a mood, and created turrets to be clear? As yes. I've never, EVER seen this happen in 150+ forts that has the machine factory/turrets...

Here is a picture, sorry for that late response: https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/turret1.jpg?_subject_uid=45443223&w=AAD8zL37yDanVVgULyxVfANSCYs7BPPPJsXacTdOdxsYIQ

it's an 'adjustable' turret like some others have mentioned. I have one more too, I'll take a screen shot of here in a bit.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 11:54:12 am »

I got one in one of my forts, and yes, dwarves can wear them.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2014, 08:14:27 pm »

Here is a picture, sorry for that late response: https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/turret1.jpg?_subject_uid=45443223&w=AAD8zL37yDanVVgULyxVfANSCYs7BPPPJsXacTdOdxsYIQ

it's an 'adjustable' turret like some others have mentioned. I have one more too, I'll take a screen shot of here in a bit.

As others have said, it's part of the gnome-race inventions. To my best grasping, unless it's armor (can't say by that picture, as it's a dead link) - it's worthless to a dwarf. Fairly common to have odd objects like that as artifacts pop up, unfortunately. At least a dragon scale Thong gets me a giggle, where a turret like this would frustrate me to no end, as I want a cool gnome turret-of-death too!

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2014, 08:25:47 pm »

It is armor, and dwarves can wear it.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2014, 07:56:07 am »

Nice.  They should be able to use them too, although I'd advise against wearing that dragon fire turret.  Actually, maybe if they have a shield as well...