Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1565938 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 8076 guffaws and counting
« Reply #8265 on: December 27, 2017, 05:35:09 am »

What is the term for a domestic dispute that takes place not in a domicile, but in a public space?
My housemate said to just call it a domestic, but I'm sure there has to be a better term. PDV (Public Display of Violence, as opposed to PDA) and a "lover's spat" were also thrown around, but the latter is rather misleading as there didn't seem to be much of anything resembling love on display.

Anyway, I witnessed a rather entertaining example of such activities earlier, on my way back from the supermarket.
Outside the train station was exceptionally trashy-looking couple with a pram, involved in a rather spirited dispute, the cause of which was apparently a bunch of their groceries or other belongings which had somehow fallen on the ground.
The woman was screaming at her boyfriend (at least, I certainly hope they weren't married) at the top of her lungs, and as I came around the corner and caught sight of the scene she was flailing wildly with both arms, slapping and punching him about the face.

He sort of turned away from the main brunt of her attacks, seeming to remain as calm as could be expected, and began picking up dropped items from the ground and returning them to wherever they fell from - an apartment on the pram, I think? - but at this point I was about to pass them with my own groceries and made a point not to look too closely, lest either of these derros think me a fitting target for their aggression.
As I was nearing them, however, the guy turned towards her and the pram, reaching down to get something that had fallen quite close, and she (who hadn't stopped screaming an array of various obscenities, threats and accusations, which I lacked the necessary context to fully decipher but which I could still certainly get the gist of) took this opportunity to sort of grab him by the shoulder with one hand to allow her to pummel him with all her force with the other, slamming her fist repeatedly into the back of his neck and head.

She was sort of bouncing up and down in a frenzy in order to hit as hard as possible, and one of these bounces caused her to upset the pram, which toppled over off the curb spilling its still-screaming infant passenger into the street. I heard her gasp in horror as I passed this shocking scene (I'm pretty sure it was the first time she'd really let up with her shrieking, actually. She had some impressive vocal stamina), and then shortly redoubled her tirade, blaming her fella for this new, even more terrible happening on top of all the many and varied crimes he was already apparently guilty of.

I suppose by needing to be hit and also being in close proximity to the pram, it was kind of his fault that it got knocked over? That seemed to be her logic, anyway. At least when I got across the street and looked back, she was at least holding the child whilst continuing to screech at him, plus a crowd of onlookers apparently having nothing better to do with their time had gathered and looked like they were making moves to contain the situation.
All in all, it would have been a very rewarding time to have a smartphone with a decent camera. Alas, mine is yet to be collected from the repair shop, and I would have had to summon a great deal of courage to actually whip it out to film that sort of thing. It would have been worth it, though. I'm sure I could have outrun them if they did take offence. :))

Either way, it was still greatly amusing. I'm not sure quite why I found it so hilarious but I couldn't stop smirking all the way home.
That bit of entertainment even made up for the bloody supermarket being sold out of tofu!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8267 on: December 29, 2017, 04:22:13 pm »

Had a minor chuckle reading from the accounts of Italian and Arabian merchants telling their compatriots not to worry when they end up in China and the local Lord seizes all of their silver in exchange for stamped yellow paper, as the locals are bound by law to exchange the paper for all goods like silk, at no greater price than if they had paid in silver.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8268 on: December 29, 2017, 04:31:38 pm »

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8269 on: December 31, 2017, 10:23:23 am »

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #8270 on: January 01, 2018, 12:50:34 am »

Okay, which one of you dolts are responsible for this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/WritingPrompts/comments/7n887l/wp_dwarves_are_notorious_for_their_love_of/

...I'm sigging that link for prosperities sake.

Edit: Perfect!  ---->  Sobriety: A Dwarve's Tale of Misfortune
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 12:54:32 am by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8274 on: January 04, 2018, 06:18:54 am »

THIS ENDS NOW GERALD

That led me to another post which was a dude saying he lives in the netherlands and how it'd be gone if they got rid of their damns and dykes. Then he proceeded to post a dozen or so mobile phone screenshots of two What if XKCD comics on draining the oceans/oceaning up mars. Is that what passes as content these days? Shitty snapshots of something someone else made?
AS - IG

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8275 on: January 04, 2018, 08:34:04 am »

That led me to another post which was a dude saying he lives in the netherlands and how it'd be gone if they got rid of their damns and dykes. Then he proceeded to post a dozen or so mobile phone screenshots of two What if XKCD comics on draining the oceans/oceaning up mars. Is that what passes as content these days? Shitty snapshots of something someone else made?
Stick to anonymous sites if you want fresh OC, otherwise the vast majority of shallownet is just people reposting other content

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #8276 on: January 05, 2018, 02:59:11 pm »

I was reminded that Old Man Henderson was a thing. Really strange thing to remember, honestly.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
AS - IG

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8278 on: January 06, 2018, 07:21:30 pm »

Why is this so damn funny aaaahhhh

Probably because it looks so ridiculous, silly, and over the top?

Also, the last dragon form thing looks like a shitty render compared to the rest, probably why it looks so silly.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 879