Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1566253 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 6684 lamps and counting
« Reply #6705 on: November 01, 2016, 06:02:48 am »

Ideally you'd want a surname that's funny even if you get promoted:

Private Parts
Corporal Punishment
Major Asshole
General Mayhem

Basically, they'd promote you to stop being embarrassed by calling out "Private Parts". So if you want a guaranteed rise to the top you need something that's embarrassing at every rank.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6706 on: November 01, 2016, 09:15:28 am »

сука блять

Google page translate is more than enough. Maybe even better than a proper translation. Salutations, strange friend.

That looks like a mangled translation to begin with, and I can't seem to find a way to render it back into English that doesn't require me to get some sort of plugin.

You can literally drop a url into google translate's box, it'll give you a link to the translated page. Gonna be shit, 'cause google translate, natch.

Legitimately not sure if it was intentionally translator-garbled or if google translate is just that bad. Probably the former on further investigation, it looks to be a troll account (also fairly NSFW, just don't).

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6707 on: November 01, 2016, 10:25:38 am »

It's...really garbled. Somebody already put it through Google Translate to get this Russian text, so whatever you're getting is like, extra garblage.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6708 on: November 01, 2016, 12:35:38 pm »

Siralim 2. Puttering around doing normal stuff. Came up on a fight with two valkyrie scouts and some other stuff in the enemy party. For those that don't know (which is probably most of you), the scouts special ability is that they take a swing at anyone that hits one of their allies. The key word here is anyone.

Completely unintentionally, I had mind tricks (which causes whatever it targets to hit themselves) proc on one of the said other stuff. Cue the scouts promptly whacking their ally in the head, and then getting stuck in a retaliation loop between the two of them until one died.

It was hilarious.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6709 on: November 02, 2016, 04:20:11 pm »

If you search for earthlike planets on the internet, fill-in-the-blank sales listings appear advertising earthlike planets.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6710 on: November 02, 2016, 04:21:57 pm »

Siralim 2. Puttering around doing normal stuff. Came up on a fight with two valkyrie scouts and some other stuff in the enemy party. For those that don't know (which is probably most of you), the scouts special ability is that they take a swing at anyone that hits one of their allies. The key word here is anyone.

Completely unintentionally, I had mind tricks (which causes whatever it targets to hit themselves) proc on one of the said other stuff. Cue the scouts promptly whacking their ally in the head, and then getting stuck in a retaliation loop between the two of them until one died.

It was hilarious.
Best bug.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6711 on: November 02, 2016, 06:23:47 pm »

It was hilarious.
You leave you alone!  *smack*
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6713 on: November 02, 2016, 09:19:51 pm »

Best bug.
Not a bug :P

Pretty sure, anyway. That sort of interaction is part and parcel to siralim's design, and screwing with your opponent's setup so that it self-implodes one way or another is just part of the game, ahaha.
Ask not!
Ask!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6714 on: November 02, 2016, 09:21:05 pm »

Best bug.
Not a bug :P

Pretty sure, anyway. That sort of interaction is part and parcel to siralim's design, and screwing with your opponent's setup so that it self-implodes one way or another is just part of the game, ahaha.
Oh my.  I really want this game now.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6715 on: November 03, 2016, 07:12:59 am »

I got it recently. Its a pretty fun game in its own right, lots of good ideas to keep things interesting, though so far only the boss battles have offered some challenge. Game seems to have a lot of depth to it and I'm still trying to figure out what to do with all the stuff the game throws at me (which is a lot). Could use a little polish, though, it crashed once on me when I tried to check a valkyrie's stats.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6716 on: November 03, 2016, 08:21:24 am »

Yeah, the standard early/mid game stuff isn't terribly difficult, usually, so long as you're not breeding or farming god favor much (both of which increases the variation in what you can encounter in the field, making nasty combinations more possible), avoiding sigils, and not using that scaling acceleration punishment. Everything's pretty flimsy and it's pretty easy to outpace the enemy on damage et al... for a while. Late mid and into the end/post-end game and gloves start coming off, the nastier traits start showing up, and it starts getting where you have to pay more attention. Does take a while to reach that point, though.
Ask not!
Ask!

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 04:15:49 pm by Iceblaster »

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #6718 on: November 04, 2016, 10:55:01 am »

Quote from: a classmate, during a discussion with someone else
I have a small spear!

Do you, now?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6719 on: November 04, 2016, 01:54:44 pm »

I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 879