Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1566073 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you laugh today: Capitalism and murder
« Reply #2880 on: July 20, 2015, 01:28:58 pm »

“But books have maps to help people figure out where everything is, Max,” interjected my subconscious at this point. “And it’s hard to track timelines! You love Bujold and you still can’t quite figure out where Cetaganda fits in the Miles books without reference to Wikipedia. You should help people orient themselves in time so they can figure out where events stand in causal relationship to one another, who’s dead, who’s alive, and suchlike. Because Kant.”

Once I got done hitting my subconscious with a golf club for the Kant reference, I took a shower, which is something writers do after they’ve beaten people with golf clubs. So I’m told.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: July 20, 2015, 04:15:30 pm »

Russians apparently like to drive on the pavement. A lot. That doesn't make it legal though, no matter how belligerent the drivers get.
This entire channel is just golden.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: July 21, 2015, 01:09:43 am »

Is it bad that the Marquis de Sade's 120 Days of Sodom makes me laugh? It's just so ridiculously over the top!
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: July 21, 2015, 05:13:34 pm »

Is it bad that the Marquis de Sade's 120 Days of Sodom makes me laugh? It's just so ridiculously over the top!
Dude, I laughed my ass off at the Todesfuge, and that's a poem about fuckin' Auschwitz. Granted, I did not know that at the time, and was too drunk to analyze but just sober enough to enjoy the ☼poetry☼, so...

Spoiler: Paul Celan - Todesfuge (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: English translation (click to show/hide)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: July 21, 2015, 05:31:56 pm »

I'm really sorry for possibly interrupting your positive invocation of Godwin's law but jesus infinite christ :vvvvv
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: July 21, 2015, 06:17:22 pm »

Quote from: DevLog
For my first attempt, I had a novice poet write in a short poetic form that could take any subject... much like the necromancers, he chose to write a poem about himself called the Birth of the Human. I went ahead and shared that with everybody in the import market. The dwarves appreciated the practice I put into it, and the humans didn't mind passing the time, but the goblins were mean and wouldn't shut up. Jerks.
Is it just me or have Toady's logs get more fun to read since maybe a year ago? I remember at one point they all came across as very descriptive and sterile, before coming back to having more character in the writing.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 06:24:36 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: July 21, 2015, 06:20:38 pm »

Quote from: DevLog
For my first attempt, I had a novice poet write in a short poetic form that could take any subject... much like the necromancers, he chose to write a poem about himself called the Birth of the Human. I went ahead and shared that with everybody in the import market. The dwarves appreciated the practice I put into it, and the humans didn't mind passing the time, but the goblins were mean and wouldn't shut up. Jerks.

Is it just me or have Toady's logs get more fun to read since maybe a year ago? I remember at one point they all came across as very descriptive and sterile, before coming back to having more character in the writing.
I've noticed that, too. I like it.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: July 21, 2015, 06:22:48 pm »

I wonder if it's related to all the stuff he's been doing with poetry/dance/music. Might be getting to his head. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: July 21, 2015, 11:16:51 pm »

Spoiler: more countryballs (click to show/hide)
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: July 22, 2015, 07:03:29 am »

I didn't realise Tumblr was a country.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: July 22, 2015, 07:50:41 am »

Spoiler: more countryballs (click to show/hide)

Pool balls just represent race, right? Just to signify that, in this case, an orange(?) person would say something like that?

I wonder if it's related to all the stuff he's been doing with poetry/dance/music. Might be getting to his head. :P

What if Toady leaves DF to become a famous poet/street urchin/musician?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: July 22, 2015, 08:13:34 am »

Comic Papyrus

An acceptable font to use "ironically".
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: July 22, 2015, 08:27:39 am »

Comic Papyrus

An acceptable font to use "ironically".

All those informal book-party-holders finally have the perfect font to use when inviting people.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: July 22, 2015, 11:28:17 am »

I
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 879