Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1565969 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you laugh today: Capitalism and murder
« Reply #2235 on: May 01, 2015, 09:50:12 pm »

The oldest direct evidence of life -- written documents, clothing, remnants of civilizations, tree rings, etc. -- is no older than about 3000 B.C. and certainly younger than 4000 B.C.
There are people who actually believe this.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: May 01, 2015, 10:03:14 pm »

The oldest direct evidence of life -- written documents, clothing, remnants of civilizations, tree rings, etc. -- is no older than about 3000 B.C. and certainly younger than 4000 B.C.

Wait. So this website is a parody right...right!?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: May 01, 2015, 10:04:06 pm »

It gets trolled hard enough it's difficult to tell what is real and what is false.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: May 01, 2015, 10:36:01 pm »

It gets trolled hard enough it's difficult to tell what is real and what is false.
I'm pretty sure it's a parody.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: May 01, 2015, 10:45:56 pm »

I'd hope it is, otherwise it is little more than condensed crazy.
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #2240 on: May 02, 2015, 05:49:51 am »

People actually believe this nonsense?

Oh wait, it seems to be by conservative Christians in 'Murica.

Looking through the Counterexamples To Evolution, they seems to conveniently forget that one of the main ideas behind evolution is small, incremental changes over a number of generations!

I can think of a counterexample to most of their "counterexamples" and I'm not even an expert in any of those fields.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: May 02, 2015, 10:07:25 am »

No, it's not. The site owner and a good chunk of the userbase are legit. But, again, there are so many trolls messing with them and their genuinely-held views are so out there that it's virtually impossible to distinguish between the two, which IIRC is part of the reason why it doesn't show up much on FSTDT any more. You'll have to go to RaptureReady and similar for 100% guaranteed-authentic crazy.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: May 02, 2015, 10:28:41 am »

No, it's not. The site owner and a good chunk of the userbase are legit. But, again, there are so many trolls messing with them and their genuinely-held views are so out there that it's virtually impossible to distinguish between the two, which IIRC is part of the reason why it doesn't show up much on FSTDT any more. You'll have to go to RaptureReady and similar for 100% guaranteed-authentic crazy.

Any sufficiently advanced insanity makes science indistinguishable from magic

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: May 02, 2015, 09:38:16 pm »

I know absolutely nothing about Warhammer 40k but this is still so hilarious XD
If the Emperor Had a Text-to-Speech device

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: May 02, 2015, 09:44:27 pm »

Conservapedia is mostly real, being ran by Andrew Schlafly, son of Phyllis Schlafly, the woman who is almost solely responsible for the failure of the Equal Rights Amendment.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: May 03, 2015, 05:45:26 am »

Conservapedia is mostly real, being ran by Andrew Schlafly, son of Phyllis Schlafly, the woman who is almost solely responsible for the failure of the Equal Rights Amendment.

OH LAWD...

Phyllis Schlafly is now my "favourite" "human being." It's always delightful to notice that such ridiculous caricatures exist in real life.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: May 03, 2015, 08:29:45 am »

That article, though.

Quote from: Dat article
The age of onset of graying of hair or balding is rapidly decreasing, with many teenagers now experiencing baldness or premature graying (CNN's Anderson Cooper began graying as a teenager and was fully gray long before age 40); many celebrities (such as American Idol winner Taylor Hicks graying in his 20s) and athletes (such as Cal Ripken, Jr. graying and balding in his mid-30s) increasingly experience premature graying or balding.
What does this even have to do with the theory that the earth is young?

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: May 03, 2015, 09:16:53 am »

That article, though.

The age of onset of graying of hair or balding is rapidly decreasing, with many teenagers now experiencing baldness or premature graying (CNN's Anderson Cooper began graying as a teenager and was fully gray long before age 40); many celebrities (such as American Idol winner Taylor Hicks graying in his 20s) and athletes (such as Cal Ripken, Jr. graying and balding in his mid-30s) increasingly experience premature graying or balding.

Why should it have anyth9ng to do with the ostensible topic, the people who wrote it are insane.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: May 03, 2015, 03:24:09 pm »

That article, though.

it's le apocalypse
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2249 on: May 03, 2015, 03:48:12 pm »

If I had to guess, I'd say it's because in their logic, it means that not too long ago, the age when you get grey hair is around 6/700 because the dudes in Genesis lived that long and obviously didn't get grey hair until the later parts of their life.

it's le apocalypse
This is also a possibility.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 879