Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dynasty Football on Kickstarter  (Read 1463 times)

diamok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dynasty Football on Kickstarter
« on: July 02, 2014, 08:52:01 am »

For all you Football heads out there, check out Dynasty Football.  This game has a ton of potential and is being developed by a lone programmer with a great attitude.

Operation Sports Q&A
http://www.operationsports.com/features/1896/dynasty-football-qa-with-creator-eric-kneipfer/

Dynasty Football Website
http://worldsendsoftware.com/

Kickstater Link
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1085006236/dynasty-football

Take care,

diamok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dynasty Football on Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 09:02:36 am »

For the record, people generally prefer OPs with more information.

Wow...I added 3 links...all the info I could have put in the post itself, is in the 1st one.  I figured why post a long write up here, when I could just add a link to the original.  But hey, if "for the record", that's what people want...here ya go.  But know this, "for the record", there will be no images in the text, because I just copied and pasted it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 10:44:04 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

When greatorder said "OPs with more information", I think what he meant is that people generally don't warm to an OP which is nothing more than a handful of links and a single line saying "ooh this game is cool, go play it!" without any further explanation. These sorts of OP feel like blatant advertisement, even though that wasn't the intention.

What would have been nice to see in the OP is a short summary of what those links say, eg. "This is an American Football management game inspired by similar sports manager games, with <insert special features here>. The developer behind this game is someone we could warm to."

Anyway, that's my 2 cents on the first post.. now 2 cents on the game. It sounds encouraging, but I came in expecting a soccer manager sim, and I was let down :P
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

diamok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 11:12:52 am »

I get what your saying crazysheep and understand completely.  But the post that called out my OP post was just as vague and annoying to me, as my post was to him...Hench my response.

As for it not being a soccer game...thank goodness, to many of those as it is.  :-p

Take care,

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 12:05:58 pm »

Came in hoping to find some kind of amazing mashup between dynasty warriors and one of the various footballs. Find it is nothing of the sort. No Lu Bu goalies and/or quarterbacks. Terribly disappointed. Should go back and play that Megaman football game, now, to cleanse the taint of non-awesome.

Good luck to whatever sort of strange being finds these things interesting, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.