Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shenanigans in Arena Mode!  (Read 1058 times)

Elaxter

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy you don't know.
    • View Profile
Shenanigans in Arena Mode!
« on: July 01, 2014, 10:03:19 pm »

What kind of shenanigans do you do when you just want to play with Dwarf Fortress combat? I normally pit myself vs a group of [INSERT WEAKER THAN HUMAN ENEMY HERE] and hack it to pieces. Sometimes I pit giant armies against each other to see which one wins. I pitted 100 humans, clad in steel armor but using copper long-swords against a Bronze Colossus. Had to record the results and here's what I got. Dramatization, of course.

Sig
You must kill yourself before you kills you.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shenanigans in Arena Mode!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 10:29:57 pm »

A valiant effort by House Wilhelm, but how did the colossus get back up out of the water?
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Elaxter

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy you don't know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 10:31:10 pm »

I have no idea. Unless there's non-visual height or he was covered by the wave of warriors.
Sig
You must kill yourself before you kills you.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 10:37:22 pm »

I really like making massive obsidian slabs floating in the air and watching it cave-in.  For some reason it generates every inorganic dust in the game including thralling mist, which is pretty fun to watch.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 10:58:31 pm »

I ussualy make elves and murder them brurtally.

How do I deactivate the death announcements in arena? I want to see dwarves turning lots elves into piles of flesh in StoneSense.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 01:25:44 pm »

I noticed something.
The humans looked like dwarves when not corpses.
I assume it's your thing that makes it look different causing that.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 05:27:57 pm »

I love how when the Bronze Colossus falls in the water and keeps climbing back out, all the humans are like "Good job we got him guys.. WAIT NO THERE HE IS- No we got him good jo- OH GOD THERE HE IS AGAI- Ok we got hi- NO WAIT."

Also props to the humans who just got shot outwards and just jumped back into the frey.

I feel you should try this again with slightly better swords. I don't thin copper will ever be able to do reliable damage to the colossus no matter how many humans there are.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 05:29:31 pm by WaffleEggnog »
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

MinethatCrackers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 08:09:35 pm »

A valiant effort by House Wilhelm, but how did the colossus get back up out of the water?
Bronze Collosi and other titans/megabeasts can step up vertical walls without needing a ramp at all. Not sure about FBs