Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 70

Author Topic: Explorers of the Angaeron, Chapter Two IC Thread: I Suck At Updating  (Read 49347 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of the Angaeron, Chapter One IC Thread: A Dead Dead Monster
« Reply #930 on: March 08, 2015, 03:26:51 am »

With the wind. Take first watch.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 09, 2015, 08:45:57 am »

Action: With the wind. Take second/night watch

Relic seems very glad to get away from that place. She's not tired, however-pacing up and down the deck, occasionally jumping into the rigging and swinging around for no apparent reason. She's got a lot of energy-would go for a swim, but the ship won't set down for awhile. Even tries to trance in her hammock above deck, but can't manage it. The shadow of the island being lifted from her heart seems to have made her restless. Even tries watching the clouds for awhile, but they all look like Beolas. Weird.

She sidles up to Darwyn, the only one who seems to be awake. Can't really think what to ask him.

"...Hello, Mr. Darwyn," She says. Older folks liked to be called Mr, she was sure. "You know, we haven't really talked much. I saw you do some magic earlier, against that monster-I don't blame you singing my pretty hair, I mean, I mostly dodged it-but, I saw you do some magic, and I wondering, are you some sort of Wizard?" She asks politely, if awkwardly. It probably doesn't help that Relic is so restless she's bouncing from place to place.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 09, 2015, 11:46:25 am »

Darwyn wasn't exactly surprised when the hyperactive elf decided to try talking to him. Hadn't he put more than one of his companions to sleep over the years with his conversations?

"Just Darwyn, please. I'm not quite old enough to be called 'Mister' yet." The man chuckled. "And no, I'm not a wizard. You might call me a druid; I draw upon the energy of the living world rather than gods or arcane energy. Why do you ask?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: March 09, 2015, 12:52:43 pm »

Relic shrugs expansively, transferring into a handstand walk across the ships railing. She talks to Darwyn while walking upside down.

"Just curious. I haven't know many Wizards! I've known a few Druids, though-I've even got a small touch of nature magic myself. Marina is a a very polite Dolphin to talk to.

I mean to say, wizard and druids, they're usually loners in my estimation-even the ones that live beneath the sea. See! I mean, most of them I've known have been a bit 'misanthropic'-that's a wizard word, it means 'loner'. You seem to be friendly, though. Have you been friends with the crew for a long time? What brought you out here, Mist...er, just Darwyn? Looking for adventure, or something else?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 09, 2015, 01:48:58 pm »

Ness is 'missing' but no one notices. Or in all likelihood, cares, since not being in her bed is common for Ness, and she always turns up again in the morning. Usually with wet hair, which probably just means she takes a wash. Being on a ship ain't exactly hygenic, most times, but having a cleric who can Create Food And Water is fairly handy.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: March 09, 2015, 02:20:28 pm »

"Yes, I thought you might have some magic similar to mine. What with that ferocious beast you keep around and all." He smiled to show that he was joking, then stroked his beard as he considered Relic's questions.
"Well...back on Twin Island I did in fact mostly keep to myself. I've known most of the people on this boat for most of my life, but I didn't see them often. Even the small village on Twin Island was a little too much hustle and bustle for me. But then a relative of mine died and left me this boat, along with the request that we chart the islands on this great ocean we call home. So that's why I'm here." Assuming that Relic hadn't fallen asleep, he asked "Refresh my memory. Are you out here looking for adventure, or something else?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: March 09, 2015, 02:58:21 pm »

Relic flips rightside up. She thinks a moment, then sits down.

""Well, the ship I was on got sank again (I've been on alot of ships over the years), and I got stranded. I was lurking in winesinks, looking for a ship that's hiring...and Beolas came along...

I'd say I'm looking for...well, some place to call home. I was raised by Sea Elves, you know-my mother and father found me on a sunken ship, they said, in a pocket of air-I was the only one left. I was lucky to be alive...they were treasure hunters, looking for loot, but they found me...so they named me 'Relic', and raised me as their own."
She gives Darwyn a sunny smile.

"It's a nice story, isn't it? But it's not ever yet. See, Relic grew up, but she knew she would never fit in-not among the Sea Elves, not among the Land Walkers-she wasn't sure who she wanted to be, or what she wanted to do. She decided she'd go and find a place where she could fit in. She'd want to find her blood relatives, too...though she doesn't even know where to start looking for them...

Well, 44 years later and she's still looking."

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: March 16, 2015, 05:13:53 pm »

"Everyone's looking for something. I've been searching for nearly twenty years and I'm certain it'll take twenty more." Ayleth emerges from the darkness and leans against the railing.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: March 16, 2015, 05:41:26 pm »

"Everyone's looking for something. I've been searching for nearly twenty years and I'm certain it'll take twenty more." Ayleth emerges from the darkness and leans against the railing.

"Searching for what, Ayleth?" Relic asks curiously, propping herself up on the ships figurehead.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: March 16, 2015, 06:10:05 pm »

Ayleth crosses her arms. "Some people took something precious from me. While I cannot regain what I've lost to their ignorance, I intend to make them regret the day they stole from me."
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: March 16, 2015, 06:13:51 pm »

"Oh, that sounds serious. Do you need any help? Maybe I could help." She offers.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: March 23, 2015, 04:59:20 pm »

--The Next Day--

The next morning, the six of you spot yet another island on the horizon. It's hard to tell from here, but it seems to have a rather gentle hill on it.

Man, what's up with this place? Why's there an island every five feet? Eh, probably best to not think too deeply about it.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: March 23, 2015, 05:04:17 pm »

Relic pointed unnecessarily toward the island.

"Look, another island on the horizon! I'll thank we'll have better luck with this one." She posits.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: March 23, 2015, 05:05:13 pm »

"Aye, lass, it's got a friendlier cast to it."

Sail on for a closer look.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: March 23, 2015, 05:09:22 pm »

"Let's hope we get to it before nightfall this time...did you sleep well, Beolas? I couldn't sleep until we got far away from that horrible island..." She commented.

Action: My action makes the ship go faster, right?

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 70