Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 751 752 [753] 754 755 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1032147 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Plus a commensurate increase in survivability has also upped the price of transports in a big way. Not saying rhino rushing isn’t feasible in certain situations, but it’s definitely more expensive to do so. Unless you have something berserker-priced or similar, it’s unlikely to be worth it.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Assuming it were possible, what would a daemon benefit from if it was bound to a daemon engine forged from the still intact shell of a C'tan shard?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Assuming it were possible, what would a daemon benefit from if it was bound to a daemon engine forged from the still intact shell of a C'tan shard?

It's not possible. C'tan were made from necrodermis which is incompatible with the warp for reasons unspecified.

Warsmith Honsou of the Iron Warriors had a necrodermis arm and a daemon axe, and it was mentioned in his novels that the arm didn't feel the presence of the daemon when holding the axe while his living arm could, as well as a few other things.

If it were possible the benefits would largely overlap anyway. Necrodermis' main gimmick is regenerating, which daemon engines already do, and being able to go out of phase with reality, which again daemons often do.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do vampires in Warhammer Fantasy reproduce?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I happen to have a vampire counts army book that goes over it a little bit. Not many details but overall it's generally the pretty classic method of blood exchanges that most fantasy worlds have, in some way the vampires blood is used to make new vampires. The exacts specifics of it highly secret and private, and possibly different from vampire to vampire, so it's impossible to say for sure of the details.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's called the Blood Kiss in WHF, and the details aren't gone into, but it seems to involve drinking vampire blood, and probably no small amount of dark sorcery, since the method used to make Crypt Horrors is referred to as a perverted version and involves a ghoul drinking vampire blood.

The only detail we have is it has never been done to a non-human. Vampires are intensely racist and only extend the gift of their bloodlines to other humans for some reason, maybe they can't, maybe none have ever tried, maybe any such experiments are killed shortly after.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it true that the Imperium's psychic disciplines began with Magnus?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uuuhh, been a while since I read that stuff but I think so. Pretty sure it's in some piece of 1k sons fluff that the disciplines grew out of the Prospero psychic cults and their boundaries, as opposed to the general melange of powers most other places developed.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Snipe & Wib put out another Codex Compliant and introduced me to Moriar the Chosen, originally the only Blood Angels dreadnought fallen to the black rage.  I thought that meant he believed himself to be Sanguinus, but that was a misunderstanding on my part (the black rage is based on the sheer fury of Sanguinus's death by Horus, but only some sufferers go Napoleon-complex about it).

Still, the idea of a dreadnought-bound vampire in a perpetual rage is tragic/badass enough.  Which apparently happens a lot more often nowadays...  Ooof, heavy.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So does Slaanesh not have any daemon flyers?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

So does Slaanesh not have any daemon flyers?

Probably Harpies as some default flyers. They’re supposed to be horrifying in real space but sexy and ghostlike in the warp.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Right, but my eye balls dont exist in the warp, so that isnt really a comfort.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile

This can be solved using technology; mech eyes that see into the warp! Causes only minor insanity!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Right, but my eye balls dont exist in the warp, so that isnt really a comfort.

Where we’re going you don’t need eyes.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

The idea of something that is sexy to the soul is pretty kinky.  Almost religious.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 751 752 [753] 754 755 ... 824