Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1022631 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K thread: No Such Thing As A Free Bolter, But Heresy's Everywhere!
« Reply #9225 on: September 23, 2017, 06:21:18 am »

3. Leman Russ.
Kot's vote is discounted
THEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED!
I know that it's my national pride and overplayed sense of Polish importance, but I really am sad that there is no real WH40k Winged Hussars equivalent (although Ravenwing bikers do use a similar theme), especially with WHFB Kislev Winged Hussars, which is pretty nice, even if we got shoveled in with the Russians for Kislev. There is an untapped potential for the Imperial Bling Of War in them.
I needto find it but I remember one guy made a bunch of dark angels sucessors who had the propper wing hussar parts on their bikes. I think they pretty much had them on all their raven wing.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9226 on: September 23, 2017, 07:18:16 am »

fuck it after that glorious Winged Kriegan Hussar, it is clearly the Death Korps of Krieg who field them. Tell me one faction who could rock that better in 40k.
As much as internally I want to REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE due to evil Germanic Barbarians appropriating Glorious Polish Culture, Krieg is pretty amazing, and the attitude of "the whole planet is fucked beyond recognition but yeah we're fighting on fuckers" is pretty Polish, to be honest. That, and Chopin's Regentropfen, which, hate or love it, was Love And Krieg and it's spin-offs most amazing addition, and I would defend the idea of Krieg keeping at least such tiny part of it's Pre-Apocalypse culture for characterization reasons.
The only problem is that you can stick only so much gold and decorations onto Kriegers, something which Winged Hussars are very known for.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9227 on: September 23, 2017, 09:32:09 am »

And Emperor help you if you somehow come up with Orkish Winged Hussars.
Nah bud. Eldar. Shining spears winged hussars.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9228 on: September 23, 2017, 11:03:57 am »

Orkish Winged Hussars would probably be more like...Flipper Hussars.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9229 on: September 23, 2017, 04:03:08 pm »

fuck it after that glorious Winged Kriegan Hussar, it is clearly the Death Korps of Krieg who field them. Tell me one faction who could rock that better in 40k.

And Emperor help you if you somehow come up with Orkish Winged Hussars.
Attilan Winged Hussars. Steppe nomads + wings

Elysian Drop Hussars. Elysian Drop troopers have a tendency to get dropped inside enemy lines where they have to fight off the enemy alone because the Imperial Guard reinforcements they were supposed to receive never arrived, and the idea of air dropping winged hussars charging from the sky is MULTIPLE SIMULTANEOUS TACTICALLY amazing. That, and putting wings on their drop packs is aesthetic

Maccabian Janissary Hussars. Hussars with death masks

Savlar Hussars. Poles + Krokodil cocktail

Vostroyan Hussars. Hussars but with attached cossacks and fuzzy hats

Death Korps of Krieg I found worked surprisingly well despite being Prussians and not Poles, because they have a very large cavalry contingent full of GMO'd chemical horses for the express purpose of charging into artillery and lazer beams without giving a/f.

Mechanicus, if they could find a way to put basilisk cannons on horses.

NO SPEHSS MAHRINES D:<

Dark Eldar, if an edgy bdsm elf version of Winged Hussars on jetbikes. No horses though.

Necron Hussars could be pretty funny, assuming a Polish Overlord. All shiny metal and honourable, charging through fire without regard, though I'm not sure what rules you could use to represent a mobile cavalry cron army, unless you use loads of destroyers as a shooty hussar army. No horses though.

Tau auxiliaries?

As much as internally I want to REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE due to evil Germanic Barbarians appropriating Glorious Polish Culture, Krieg is pretty amazing, and the attitude of "the whole planet is fucked beyond recognition but yeah we're fighting on fuckers" is pretty Polish, to be honest. That, and Chopin's Regentropfen, which, hate or love it, was Love And Krieg and it's spin-offs most amazing addition, and I would defend the idea of Krieg keeping at least such tiny part of it's Pre-Apocalypse culture for characterization reasons.
The only problem is that you can stick only so much gold and decorations onto Kriegers, something which Winged Hussars are very known for.
Why not just stick gold, decorations and medals on the officer Krieg Hussars? In the same way that other Imperial Regiments are led by the best leaders, and Krieg is led by the survivors? Because it's also worth noting that in the lore the Krieg cavalry supply much of the Regiment's future officers disproportionately to other army elements of their doom army, so the presence of medals and shiny bling would stand out more in the sea of grimderp armour

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9230 on: September 23, 2017, 04:19:39 pm »

Why not just stick gold, decorations and medals on the officer Krieg Hussars? In the same way that other Imperial Regiments are led by the best leaders, and Krieg is led by the survivors? Because it's also worth noting that in the lore the Krieg cavalry supply much of the Regiment's future officers disproportionately to other army elements of their doom army, so the presence of medals and shiny bling would stand out more in the sea of grimderp armour
Krieg canonically do not really wear any sort of medals or rewards (they don't care about those, since they are rewards for being exceptional and brave, things that they think is not something that can be rewarded, since it's *required* of them) , sans those that are forced on them by higher-ups, usually the campaign rewards (which promptly get taken off as soon as they get far away for noone to notice) and the ones that the regimental commanders get, with exception of Commissars, of course, as they are not Kriegers.
The notable exception is Krieg Officers which are required to stand-out from regular soldiers, but since as you said they usually recruit from the Rough Riders, so usually all they do is cover their hats with a bit more gold.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9232 on: September 23, 2017, 10:27:45 pm »

Plastic exarch kits when
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WHAOK thread: No Such Thing As A Free Bolter, But Heresy's Everywhere!
« Reply #9234 on: September 24, 2017, 07:00:30 pm »

How do Imperial jetbikes compare to Eldar jetbikes?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9235 on: September 24, 2017, 07:19:29 pm »

*observes thread title*

i can't believe you've done this
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9236 on: September 24, 2017, 07:20:20 pm »

It is glorious.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9237 on: September 24, 2017, 07:43:05 pm »

Kot do you want to handle this or should I?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9238 on: September 24, 2017, 07:51:53 pm »

The are big, bulky, and have tires for some bloody reason.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(the only human jetbike I remember was some ravenwing hero guy.  Its unique lostech or some other bollocks.  Either way the 6" move that jetbikes may-or-may-not have anymore applied only to eldar/dark eldar ones anyway.)
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9239 on: September 24, 2017, 08:02:54 pm »

The are big, bulky, and have tires for some bloody reason.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(the only human jetbike I remember was some ravenwing hero guy.  Its unique lostech or some other bollocks.  Either way the 6" move that jetbikes may-or-may-not have anymore applied only to eldar/dark eldar ones anyway.)

Jetbikes also got 24" turbo-boost while normal bikes only got 12" and Eldar jetbikes got 36" prior to 8th ed. They all lost that now and just have a high base movement speed.

Fluffwise Eldar jetbikes are a lot better, they're faster, more maneuverable, mass producable even now by all Eldar factions except Exodites, easy enough to repair and rearm, often have exotic weapon loudouts and provide more defense to the rider than their Imperial counterparts.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 824