Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1021414 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #2655 on: January 20, 2016, 11:42:32 am »

I'm not even sure whats the official excuse for that. I mean, it surely can't be that making decent looking female space marine models would be a hassle, since, er, sister of battle are a thing? I guess its an excuse to sell a whole different codex. Granted, space marine women would look pretty, uh, butch, but eh.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2656 on: January 20, 2016, 11:48:54 am »

I'm not even sure whats the official excuse for that. I mean, it surely can't be that making decent looking female space marine models would be a hassle, since, er, sister of battle are a thing? I guess its an excuse to sell a whole different codex. Granted, space marine women would look pretty, uh, butch, but eh.
The official excuse is that they couldn't make decend looking female space marines back then and then just went with it... it's better this way though, considering the amount of rule63 & rule34 concerning FSM already.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: January 20, 2016, 11:54:19 am »

In lore I recall something about hormones and chromosomes.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2658 on: January 20, 2016, 12:17:43 pm »

Except he could become woman at will so it's honestly complete bullshit, unless there is more to it.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: January 20, 2016, 12:23:18 pm »

No no, the secks thing I believe is lost on translation. Don't you mean sacks?

Also I find it harder to believe that he transformed into a women completely. Are you sure of it? There's some novel I should read?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2660 on: January 20, 2016, 12:28:44 pm »

I don't exactly remember which book it was but it was heavily implied by the perpetual woman that The Big E left behind on some planet before The Great Crusade... or so do I think.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: January 20, 2016, 12:38:44 pm »

Suddenly this episode makes a lot more sense.

Also, this.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: January 20, 2016, 12:52:15 pm »

Except he could become woman at will so it's honestly complete bullshit, unless there is more to it.

Presumably using psychic powers to shapeshift doesn't change Y chromosomes into X chromosomes.

Though the meta reasons are that originally making decent female minis was hard and that generic Space Marines are heavily based off all male monastic orders and various primarily male fighting bodies throughout history.

In some ways the gender splits in different factions/units is probably a remnant of the early D&D era, when male and female characters had different stat caps and capabilities. It was a fairly common thing in gamer culture at the time, and it seems to be reflected in the Callidus Assassins who are mostly female, the Wyches who are also mostly female. Part of the whole 'women are agile, men are strong' thing.

It's something of a shame GW doesn't do more female minis. They've shown that they can do pretty good ones these days with a decent design that isn't sexed up needlessly (though witch elves are still a thing) and I'd actually like to have some female cultists running alongside my male cannon fodder in games, if only because it makes little sense that every random who grabbed a pointed stick and decided to overthrow Imperial oppression happened to be male.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2663 on: January 20, 2016, 12:59:56 pm »

-4 str go back 2 kitchen.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: January 20, 2016, 01:09:42 pm »

Look, it's a male space marine!

Look, it's a female space marine!

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2665 on: January 20, 2016, 01:13:01 pm »

-4str

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: January 20, 2016, 01:29:46 pm »

I guess after all of the biofucking, they would be pretty similar.
Only slaaneshites would end up knowing the difference anyway.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: January 20, 2016, 01:31:08 pm »

Even if they don't get pretty similar after all the implants and chem treatment, power armor isn't exactly form fitting.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: January 20, 2016, 01:36:16 pm »

Even if they don't get pretty similar after all the implants and chem treatment, power armor isn't exactly form fitting.
Unless slaanesh
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: January 20, 2016, 01:36:54 pm »

ALSO! I don't think making a female space marine is actually impossible, but the Emperor didn't developed the method of doing so, hence nobody else will.

The armour is so big that the form shouldn't be an issue. Likewise mamal glandes would probably be either of a inconsequential size (look at the size of a "adult" space marine, it would require some serious record breaking boobs to go along) or perhaps even removed.

Simply look at most female body builders and you'll realize that.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 01:41:35 pm by LordBaal »
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 824