Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1022741 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #1650 on: September 10, 2015, 07:43:53 pm »

Also, I feel like an Inquisitor game would be well-done as a 'The Witcher 3' style game.
I.E. Lots of 'Investigate mystery, follow clues, find out where XYZ problem is. Optionally, find out what XYZ problem is, drink correct potions, apply correct poisons, kersplat problem'.

That way you could even use the three-tree-system for Xenos, Malleus, Hereticus.
(Probably Malleus for melee, Xenos for shooty, Hereticus for investigative, plus the actual etc etc of their ordos.)
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: September 10, 2015, 07:54:41 pm »

They should just let Bioware have a license for 40k video games. Wait 2-3 years, then they have all the money they could ever need.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: September 10, 2015, 07:56:40 pm »

Inquisitor: Dragon Age.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: September 10, 2015, 07:58:00 pm »

Inquisitor Effect would probably work better.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Damned Immateriums, how do they work?
« Reply #1654 on: September 11, 2015, 01:15:24 am »

Have any heavy-metal bands done songs about the Chaos Gods?

I mean, I know that plenty of bands have done songs about the Cthulhu Mythos, which is kind of similar.

Hmm, not sure about Heavy Metal specifically, but several other metal genres have bands that have 40k themed songs.

Debauchery (Death Metal) has more than a few about Khorne and the World Eaters.

Hammer of Faith, Keepers of Death, Grimwind and HMkids all have songs themed around chaos (and 40k in general) but they don't sing in english if that's a problem. They mostly count as Black Metal or Death Metal bands I think.

Galaxy Aflame (Industrial Metal I think) has songs about Slaanesh, the 1k Sons, the Night Lords, Horus and Chaos in general.

Bolt Thrower (Death Metal) has a few songs about 40k, mostly chaos from what I recall.

Oddly Heavy Metal and Power Metal bands rarely seem to make 40k tributes from what I've found.

I meant heavy metal in the sense of the whole genre, not in the sense of classic metal.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: September 11, 2015, 06:54:19 am »

Gameplay video of BFG.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWteWul9cBE

(Couldn't figure out which tags to use to put the video here, [video][/video], didn't work, neither [youtube])
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1656 on: September 11, 2015, 06:58:06 am »

(Couldn't figure out which tags to use to put the video here, [video][/video], didn't work, neither [youtube])

This forum doesn't (to my knowledge) support/allow video embedding, so that's why you couldn't find a tag for it.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: September 11, 2015, 07:18:20 am »

The sad thing is that the existence of this Inquisitor RPG probably means there's not gonna be a Bioware/Obsidian/Witcher/anything-style Inquisitor RPG anytime soon. I find it very unlikely they'd license two such similar games.

Maybe one day. One beautiful, beautiful day.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: September 11, 2015, 08:46:29 am »

Yeah, it's somewhat disappointing to see these titles we've already wanted get done in.....bog standard fashion. It's like some dev houses are rushing to capitalize on the biggest parts of the 40k IP. Too bad they're just cranking out more action RPGs, which we've had plenty of by this point.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: September 11, 2015, 09:38:32 am »

Yeah, it's somewhat disappointing to see these titles we've already wanted get done in.....bog standard fashion. It's like some dev houses are rushing to capitalize on the biggest parts of the 40k IP. Too bad they're just cranking out more action RPGs, which we've had plenty of by this point.

It's the opposite, GW gives the IP out to people who rely just don't know how to handle it. I think they probably refuse to cut deals with larger companies out of fear of lower profitability margins, which would be stupid, but it's GWS
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: September 12, 2015, 01:58:09 pm »

*sigmar marines stare*
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
speak not of they who hail from foul age of sigmar
I bought a box of 'em.
Currently converting them into possessed marines and warp talons for my 1000sons army.
Woot.
A worthy use of the forsaken things.

On this note.
Wasn't sure if this belonged here or in Tabletop thread but eh.

In any case- the Battlebox I got for cheap has a bunch of adjudicators (flying units) whom I've stripped the heraldry off and tossed lightning claws on- instant warp talons.

The good news is they look badass. The bad news, however, Warp talons come in min-sq-5.
Adjudicators come in min-sq-3, and another box of 3 will run me $98 AUD.
Painfully expensive, especially for a unit which will probably end up wanting 10 models.
Not sure if worth.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: September 12, 2015, 02:23:35 pm »

Warp Talons are pretty poor units anyway, so I'd say that spending a lot of money on them isn't really worth it.

If you like the look of the conversion enough then go for it, but I generally don't use more than a few min size units of WTs even in my all fast assault based armies since they cost more than everything but Chaos Spawn and don't perform much better than normal raptors (worse in some ways since they have no grenades.)
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: September 12, 2015, 02:50:13 pm »

Handwavey motions*

I'm a fluff>competitive player anyway. Currently making a thousand sons/dark Mechanicum army. It's mostly daemon machines and various daemon-marines (warp talons, possessed), modded up to look more "magitech construct"-y.

Basically the only flesh-color I've got on the field currently are my obliterators, and that'll last right up until I figure how to throw green stuff at big-hammer-wielding sigmarines just right.

Plus I mean I'm playing a campaign vs Space marines and those claws do work.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: September 12, 2015, 03:19:08 pm »

Handwavey motions*

I'm a fluff>competitive player anyway. Currently making a thousand sons/dark Mechanicum army. It's mostly daemon machines and various daemon-marines (warp talons, possessed), modded up to look more "magitech construct"-y.

Basically the only flesh-color I've got on the field currently are my obliterators, and that'll last right up until I figure how to throw green stuff at big-hammer-wielding sigmarines just right.

Plus I mean I'm playing a campaign vs Space marines and those claws do work.

I'm more of a Khorne player myself, so mostly I throw assault walkers at things (Decimators, Ferrus Infernums, Soul Grinders and Maulerfiends are all pretty great for that) and sigh as my berzerkers/raptors/warp talons/bikers etc bounce off armour 4+ or better while the walkers eat whole units.

If I fought more assault based marine armies I'd probably prefer Warp Talons, but as things are in my local club there's just way too many bullets and too much cover camping to make an assault unit without grenades practical.  :-\
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1664 on: September 12, 2015, 03:41:05 pm »

Removing Chekhov from the rulebooks was a sin against mankind.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 824