Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1027382 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: nuking the Warp edition.
« Reply #765 on: May 20, 2015, 12:13:16 am »

And lest we forget the vile and despicable forces from beyond W40K's universe using all of their power to maintain the current situation.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: May 20, 2015, 12:18:40 am »

Has 40k EVER had an outright winning faction in its run? (and I don't mean in the past as in backstory wise)

To my knowledge it always tries to ensure a permanent state of "Anyone could win"

Well... when it introduces a new faction it TENDS to make them seem like they are kicking everyone's butt.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 12:36:19 am by Neonivek »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: May 20, 2015, 12:52:02 am »

Sounds very Mass Effect.

End times finished with (I believe) a chaos sortawin.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: May 20, 2015, 01:11:44 am »

I believe the DoW games had canon victors. I know that canonically, the Imperial guard won the events of Soulstorm.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: May 20, 2015, 01:36:32 am »

Sounds very Mass Effect.

End times finished with (I believe) a chaos sortawin.
Chaos outright won in End Times, but that's just because GW went full chaosboner and had Mannfred fucking Von fucking Carstein backstab the Incarnates and destroy the universe because he was a whiny little bitch.
Also because they made a giant no limits thing with Chaos there anyway and blergh. End Times isn't really worth considering in my opinion.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #770 on: May 20, 2015, 06:05:48 am »

The 'Leman going back in time' thing doesn't seem likely given that he hasn't popped out of anywhere and cut apart Horus. It not happening is a pretty indication that it won't happen.
True that. One notable case where peeps went back in time, to before Horus Heresy, was when some Word Bearers were sent by Chaos dickery to fuck up the Empy's day by breaking the proto-gellar field keeping the babby primarchs safe from chaos dickery, and in doing so allowed the primarch babbies to be scattered across the galaxy. If it could happen in the past, it will have already happened, because that is how the present would be.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: May 20, 2015, 07:35:25 am »

Seriously? Carstein turned on Nagash?
What a little bitch.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Yep. Backstabbed Balthazar Gelt, the incarnate of metal, in the back, while he was working a ritual to stop the planet being destroyed from a warp rift coming from a broken Old One artifact under Middenheim. Teclis tried to take the wind on, but got disintegrated from the strain. Everyone then died.
Also all the incarnates were kinda biased toward being elves. There was Cardrayan (elf) for fire, Alarielle (elf) for life, Grimgor (Orc) for beast, Malekith (elf) for shadow, Tyrion (elf) for light, Gelt (human) for metal, Sigmar, (fukcing Sigmar) for heavens, and Nagash (undead) for death. That's what, 4 out of 8 Incarnates being elves? Kinda dumb, especially since the Slayer King was the Incarnate of Fire at one point, and a badass fire wizard dwarf is just too cool of an idea.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

That's because everything is always biased towards elves. Their race tends to be cultured by 'Better everything else in 99% of ways.'
The circle is complete.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Tau beat Elves at diplomacy. (maybe not manipulation, but diplomacy) And Xenophilia.

And not making Chaos Gods because they can't control their urges.

Humans, meanwhile, beat Elves at making Chaos Gods. Somehow.

Finally, Elves, meanwhile, have everyone beaten (still) at Dickery.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile

Yep. Backstabbed Balthazar Gelt, the incarnate of metal, in the back, while he was working a ritual to stop the planet being destroyed from a warp rift coming from a broken Old One artifact under Middenheim. Teclis tried to take the wind on, but got disintegrated from the strain. Everyone then died.
So GW did blew up completely warhammer world in the lore? What a morons.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 05:46:31 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

@Rolepgekk

Eldar are pretty much the exception, they have stuff really crappy and they aren't really all that superior compared to all the other races. Think of the more classic 'fantasy' elves, like Tolkien's, though... Pretty much superior in every way.
The circle is complete.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile

The Eldar have it pretty bad in the 40k universe, in fact they're shafted in an entirely special way since there's an actual chaos god after their souls after they die unless they get siphoned into a craftworld or become harlequins, while the dark eldar presumably have it even worse and have to resort to progressively more absurd and cruel methods to stave off slaanesh.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

@Rolepgekk

Eldar are pretty much the exception, they have stuff really crappy and they aren't really all that superior compared to all the other races. Think of the more classic 'fantasy' elves, like Tolkien's, though... Pretty much superior in every way.
Meanwhile in DnD Elves are hated for the Constitution hit. :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Rolepgekk

Meanwhile in DnD Elves are hated for the Constitution hit. :P

Their abilities aren't all that bad IF you are running a game proper.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 824