Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1022361 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Damned Immateriums, how do they work?
« Reply #1470 on: August 29, 2015, 04:59:06 am »

It was probably tried, and the sued-to-death corpses of the musicians were turned into new codexes by GW.

GW is surprisingly lenient regarding songs about 40k. Especially considering the normal insanity of their legal division.

Bands that do individual tribute songs, like Debauchery, have no legal issues to my knowledge, bands dedicated solely to tribute songs, like Galaxy Aflame, aren't allowed to charge for their music. I think GW largely ignores music unless they get asked for permission by the band, which I think Galaxy Aflame did.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: August 29, 2015, 07:40:30 am »

Maybe their whole legal department is deaf? Otherwise is weird not seeing them going to the jugular of anything that breathes and have the words Avenger, Warhammer, Space Marine, Chaos, Guard, Galaxy, Gun, Fire...... Zyxt,  or any of their constituent letters in it.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1472 on: August 29, 2015, 07:42:57 am »

I still can't believe they copyrighted space marine, and models "in their style"

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: August 29, 2015, 07:48:35 am »

Well, they tried to do that. They failed. In fact you can use the words "space marine" all you want in any work you want. What you can't do is to say those space marines are GW space marines. In example I can write a book about space marines in another planet fighting a civil war against some rebel space marines as long I don't try to stablish they are GW space marines.

I can't write a book about Space Marines from a Chapter called Ultramarines fighting on Ultramar against Chaos Space Marines, since it would obviously be their IP.

Neither can I write a book about Vacuum Seaman from a Capitulate called Megamarines fighting on Megamar against Disorder Vacuum Seaman, that would be blatant IP ripping off. Or perhaps I can, that depends on how much I can pay to the lawyers.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: August 29, 2015, 08:11:24 am »

I actually would look forward to a book about Vacuum Seamen and Disorder Vacuum Seamen.

Also, I thought up my own (probably canon-heresy) Space Marine chapter called the Emperor's Failures. Just like all the Grey Knights are psykers, all the Failures are mutants. Like, extra limbs, heads, eyes whatever. Their chapter motto is: Fight Forgotten, Die Forgiven. They basically operate from the shadows, and deviate a lot from the Codex as they have more Scouts than other Chapters.

They take up what other Chapters wouldn't be proud of doing; consorting with filth, mutants and scum of the Imperium, fighting almost exclusively in shadow wars, and most importantly being mutants. Regular power armor to the Failures is what Terminator armor is to other Chapters; because of their misbegotten forms, even though they have Black Carapace, its inefficient and costly to custom tailor each power armor to suit how many hands one of them has.

Just thought I wanted to share that. (Unless its been done, because then Emperor dammit.)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #1475 on: August 29, 2015, 04:17:05 pm »

Soul Drinkers are loyalist/excommunicat traitorous, and are pretty darn mutated.
I would say quite similar to what you're saying, but not "crush your dreams" similar.

Though most mutated chapters end up getting purged pretty quick.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: August 29, 2015, 04:21:52 pm »

Most mutant chapters come from the Cursed Founding (which was the 21st I think), when the Mechanicus decided to muck about in matters they didn't understand to try and improve the geneseed stocks.

One chapter burst into flame after a large battle, though it didn't harm them. The Inquisition killed them all on suspicion of corruption.

I think the Lamenters are a cursed founding chapter, who have the worst luck in the galaxy.

The Black Dragons are heavily mutated, with pitch black skin (like Salamanders), horns and claws/retractable blades that they coat in adamantium and use as melee weapons. Puritan Inquisitors occasionally poke their nose in to try and find them guilty of heresy. So far they've failed every time.

Can't remember any of the other cursed chapters, and I can't be bothered looking them up atm.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: August 29, 2015, 07:12:24 pm »

I'm going to have to use the term "Vacuum Seaman" somewhere, because it's genius.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: August 30, 2015, 12:29:03 am »

I know there was those who had big bony protrusions growing from their skin and elbows. Pheonix something or other.
But they all got purged.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1479 on: August 30, 2015, 02:38:33 am »

Tehre is noh time to beh lohst!

Battul Homies!

Vachuum Seehmen, todeh the enemeh is at oua doar! We know oua duteh and we will do eet. We fight for our honor as Rhed Birds
as Vachuum Seehmen, and we fight in the nehme of the Leadher!

And if we die this deh we die in gloareh, we die heroes' deffs, but we shall not die, no! It is the enemeh who will tehste
deff and defeat!

As you know! Moast of oua gun homiehs are shtehtioned in SPEHSS, Pruhpeared to hard dhrop! Oua perimeter has been
pruhpeared in the even dat oua enehmies should be so bald and so foolish. We have plehced numerous beacons, allowing for
muhltiple, simuln-tehneous and devashtehting defensive hard dhrops!

The Speess Book nehmes this maneuvah Seehmen Rehn. We will descend upon the foe, we will ovawhelm them - we will leave none
alive! Meanwhile oua ground fawses will ensue the full defense of oua headkwaters.

We are the Vachuum Seehmen! WE ARE THE LEADHERS FUREH!
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: August 30, 2015, 03:28:21 am »

In the grim dankness of the nearby future, there is only mild combat. For more than a hundred chromosomes, the Leader has sat constipated upon the Golden Toilet. He is the master of homies by the will of the gods, and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible homies. He is the Carrying Lord of the Federation, for whom a thousand homie-souls are sacrificed each day, that he may never truly have bowel movements.

Yet even in his poopless state, the Leader continues his constant struggle. Greatest amongst his homies are the Ineptus Fartes, the Vacuum Seamen, bio-engineered super homies.

((plz dont sue.))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1481 on: August 30, 2015, 03:31:05 am »

Someone needs to do this. Like, really.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: August 30, 2015, 03:31:34 am »

Brothers

One Squad Will be Sufficient

We are the mailed fist of the Emperor

The fire of anger burns within us

Bless your weapons and go

The Emperor has dictated your squad's weaponry

Damn. I'm so happy I got this running after so much time :)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: August 30, 2015, 04:17:26 pm »

Dis chapter master?
Have heard things about it. But not enough things.

Whatever this is... any good?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: August 30, 2015, 05:50:47 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=142620.0
There's the Chapter Master thread

It can be fiddly and is VERY alpha ( with all that entails ) but is a great game and can be a lot of fun.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 824