Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1245972 times)

Gonchon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 170 Morality roulette
« Reply #5535 on: July 13, 2016, 03:11:58 pm »

summon solid incompetence,using two +1/+1 essence, then make one essence. If I can, try to find the most tropical looking place and go there.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5536 on: July 13, 2016, 03:14:01 pm »

summon solid incompetence,using two +1/+1 essence, then make one essence. If I can, try to find the most tropical looking place and go there.

((You know how it is said that power and talent make people beautifull? Well this is my ugly stick.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5537 on: July 13, 2016, 09:23:00 pm »

Run the direction that the rest of Toam is running. Ideally, leave the hex. Behind me, throw the 5 portal knives in a pentagram shape.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5538 on: July 13, 2016, 09:59:23 pm »

((You know how it is said that power and talent make people beautifull? Well this is my ugly stick.))
((To be a party pooper, I thought we had some sort of rule against the creation of conceptual objects. Stuff like solid murder and the like.))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: July 13, 2016, 10:32:43 pm »

((That only applies to summoning affinity. You can make solid [insert-your affinity here] at will.

Also note my slab of solid knowledge and wings of solid binding.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5540 on: July 14, 2016, 04:12:53 am »

((To be a party pooper, I thought we had some sort of rule against the creation of conceptual objects. Stuff like solid murder and the like.))
The rules were against creating solid essences, not concepts.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5541 on: July 14, 2016, 09:47:53 pm »

Get away from the blast.
Invert the chance of the Eternity taking damage.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5542 on: July 14, 2016, 09:52:22 pm »

((DG, did you say somewhere along the line that said you can't make an essence and using it at the same turn? Or do that only apply to using essences to make an essence?))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5543 on: July 14, 2016, 11:43:48 pm »

((DG, did you say somewhere along the line that said you can't make an essence and using it at the same turn? Or do that only apply to using essences to make an essence?))

((Only using essences to make essences. That was put into place to prevent an infinite essences exploit.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5544 on: July 15, 2016, 12:51:42 am »

Since I'm going to be without Internet access for a week, I'm going to submit an auto-action for whenever I don't post an action:

If I need to defend/heal myself, do so, preferably with Blood Magic-augmented magic. Otherwise, create three Music essences, using Greater Blood Magic to create each of them.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5545 on: July 15, 2016, 11:58:19 am »

*grabs popcorn and submits new character*

Name: Bloodmage Jackson
Affinity: Music
Description(optional): Looks like a stereotypical bard. (Ab)uses the Blood Magic system to get +3/+3 on every magic roll with only a 1/6 chance of backlash effects. If my personal preference weighs in for anything, I'd prefer it if when backlash effects do happen, they would tend to be overshoot-ish things that have to do with the spell/song he is casting/singing, rather than just generic things like "You lose your voice and/or muse.".
STR=0
DEX= 1
SPD= 0
END= 6
POT= 1

First Action: Create three Music essence, using Greater Blood Magic to create each of them.

The usual, give me three spells. Seeing that you intend to be able to heal yourself allready gives me suspicion that you are overestimating how much you'll be able to do.

Name: Easter Sunday
Affinity: Wasps
Description(optional):
STR= 0
DEX=0
SPD=0
END=3
POT= 5
Create 3 essence

Bit limited in scope, but I supose you can go with wasps. Bees worked out well enough previously.

A bit of an update on next turn, I was wrong about when I would return to stable internet, so it is possible that the turn will be delayed until monday. Though I'll try for sunday anyways.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5546 on: July 15, 2016, 12:08:57 pm »

Hahahaha, I have a masterplan :))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5547 on: July 15, 2016, 12:10:05 pm »

Hahahaha, I have a masterplan :))
((Here we go again))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5548 on: July 15, 2016, 06:34:44 pm »

The usual, give me three spells. Seeing that you intend to be able to heal yourself allready gives me suspicion that you are overestimating how much you'll be able to do.
((Because Mista J. and Jackson would be wonderful allies: Force enemy's attacks into musical rhythm, generate deafening music that only enemies can hear, silence music, generate music elemental, transform ordinary speech into song, healing violin solo... eldritch mind-warping music... do these work?))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5549 on: July 15, 2016, 08:23:25 pm »

((Btw who wants to ally with me, kill all the afks and loot all their stuff?))
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 506