Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1246234 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 162 Annihilator array in action
« Reply #5355 on: May 30, 2016, 08:24:09 am »

((Either me or star2wars3 is going to have to change our action. I'm excited to find out who.))
((Dude. Your spell has somewhere around a -4 cmp modifier because of all the specifics you mentioned. At best, and this is only if you roll a natural 10 on cmp, you could get a 6cmp total spell. What this means is that your spell has a large chance of backfiring. Either change or update your action.))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 161 Time to get out of here... Oh wait.
« Reply #5356 on: May 30, 2016, 08:29:51 am »

Seva waited. Possibly for Ilium to reaper (or do another trick), but likely because he wanted to get a bit of an edge before starting his project. Crystal bird had finished eating all the butterflies and was now perched on his head. Between the two golden eagles it looked like a king between bodyguards
((So, he's waiting for Ilium to come out of nowhere with a cloak and a scythe? Sorry, this typo was just too funny for me to ignore.))

Damn! My magic fizzled! But maybe I can help otherwise... The artillery cannon! Chorkinaan approaches to the same hex (to avoid range penalties) and conjures a thick band of iron-heavy upwards-falling physicality material wrapped around the dakka cannon, aimed for around its center of mass but (if possible) avoiding blocking up any important mechanical parts. ((I make complex commands because I don't want them to backfire because of a simple worst-possible-outcome interpretation which may or may not be GM trolling.))

((I welcome all forms of GM trolling))
((And as for your modifiers:
-2 upward-falling and iron-heavy
-1 wrapped around the dakka-cannon
-1 center of mass
Possible additional -1 first action = moving

This makes a total anywhere from a -4 to a-5))
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 08:31:36 am by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5357 on: May 30, 2016, 12:16:45 pm »

Take back the ring.
Using the Bigholder itself as a power source, steal as much luck from it as magically possible. Drain it dry.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5358 on: May 30, 2016, 01:19:06 pm »

Actually, just, um head to that tower?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
{Your movement will be visible in next turn's map.}

Magus decided to get the obvious out of the way first. Whatever dangers lay hidden in the calmness of the surrounding lands, the Tower was sticking out like a sore thumb. He felt confident in his ability to deal with possible traps and there was a better than average chance of finding useful artifacts. Besides, if he left it alone he'd have to suppress his disappointed curiosity, and he did not feel like he could spare thought to such a distraction.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 161 Time to get out of here... Oh wait.
« Reply #5359 on: May 30, 2016, 01:39:48 pm »

Seva waited. Possibly for Ilium to reaper (or do another trick), but likely because he wanted to get a bit of an edge before starting his project. Crystal bird had finished eating all the butterflies and was now perched on his head. Between the two golden eagles it looked like a king between bodyguards
((So, he's waiting for Ilium to come out of nowhere with a cloak and a scythe? Sorry, this typo was just too funny for me to ignore.))

Damn! My magic fizzled! But maybe I can help otherwise... The artillery cannon! Chorkinaan approaches to the same hex (to avoid range penalties) and conjures a thick band of iron-heavy upwards-falling physicality material wrapped around the dakka cannon, aimed for around its center of mass but (if possible) avoiding blocking up any important mechanical parts. ((I make complex commands because I don't want them to backfire because of a simple worst-possible-outcome interpretation which may or may not be GM trolling.))

((I welcome all forms of GM trolling))
((And as for your modifiers:
-2 upward-falling and iron-heavy
-1 wrapped around the dakka-cannon
-1 center of mass
Possible additional -1 first action = moving

This makes a total anywhere from a -4 to a-5))
((I don't think aiming anywhere specific on the Dakka cannon  causes a malus. It didn't when I created the shield. All that crazy aiming I did to get the strap in one specific shieldworthy spot didn't apply any penalties, to my knowledge. Either way, in character I have no way of knowing you're enchanting that  thing with homing, and this'll prove handy if anybody has to move or re-aim it anyway.))

((Actually, come to think of it, I've just thought of a different way to make the Dakka cannon light enough to be aimable without incurring any casting maluses. Editing action...))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5360 on: May 30, 2016, 03:18:48 pm »

So DreamerGhost, are PM's processed yet?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5361 on: May 30, 2016, 03:40:08 pm »

So DreamerGhost, are PM's processed yet?

No. I fucked up yesterday and spent a good part of today sleeping. They are being processed right now.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5362 on: May 30, 2016, 05:12:15 pm »

Knock on the door.  Three essences.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5363 on: May 30, 2016, 08:42:34 pm »

((I think you forgot to account for the TASER and CHAOTIC parts of my CHAOTIC TASER bolts. Something random should've happened on impact, as well as a high-voltage shock.))

Despite the eye getting rather burned, poked, electrocuted, poisoned, and [whatever chaotic effect happened here]ed (unless you were implying that the bolt merely bounced off the lens), it still appeared to be going strong. That blade cannon appeared to be quite competent.

Assist Skeliborn in the homing spell. Add in my own twist: enchant the dakka cannon so that fired blades inflict Irritation of Eyes. (dakka cannon, being a cannon, can be considered a machine, albeit a crude one)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5364 on: May 31, 2016, 05:00:17 am »

((I think you forgot to account for the TASER and CHAOTIC parts of my CHAOTIC TASER bolts. Something random should've happened on impact, as well as a high-voltage shock.))

Despite the eye getting rather burned, poked, electrocuted, poisoned, and [whatever chaotic effect happened here]ed (unless you were implying that the bolt merely bounced off the lens), it still appeared to be going strong. That blade cannon appeared to be quite competent.

Assist Skeliborn in the homing spell. Add in my own twist: enchant the dakka cannon so that fired blades inflict Irritation of Eyes. (dakka cannon, being a cannon, can be considered a machine, albeit a crude one)
((Thx for the assist))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5365 on: May 31, 2016, 09:23:45 am »

The beholder weighs about 500 tons and is magical. The bolts were less than 10 POT for twenty. You might want to use something stronger.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5366 on: June 01, 2016, 07:13:41 am »

The beholder weighs about 500 tons and is magical. The bolts were less than 10 POT for twenty. You might want to use something stronger.
((OK, thanks for clarifying. Dakka Cannon should provide the necessary firepower ;)
Also, star2wars3, I can pull the trigger for you if you like. My metal arm should work much better than using hilt leverage.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5367 on: June 01, 2016, 10:56:02 am »

((OK, thanks for clarifying. Dakka Cannon should provide the necessary firepower ;)
Also, star2wars3, I can pull the trigger for you if you like. My metal arm should work much better than using hilt leverage.))
((Thx for the assistance))

_Shinju_

• Bay Watcher
  • I drink and I forget things
    • View Profile
« Reply #5368 on: June 01, 2016, 12:15:22 pm »

((wow i must pay more attention to this ))
I pray asking my goddess to cut the big holder off from all magic to help save my friends and i use the blood spouting from my arm and essences till i get the max buff to make absent all damage done by the bigholder in the past two turns 
((I hope this works ))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 160 New players and Sucessful rituals
« Reply #5369 on: June 01, 2016, 01:08:37 pm »

James sits and leans his back against the tree, regardless of whatever spikes may be there.

Fill my empty gas grenade canister with healing gas. Make a healing grenade.
+2 healing potions or pills too.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 506