Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1214252 times)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 140 The rain of fails and din of battle
« Reply #4470 on: February 01, 2016, 03:38:55 pm »

I take cover behind something, generating 3 essences when I get there.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 04:56:50 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: February 01, 2016, 03:59:19 pm »

Summon a cluster of healing cubes, use all essences. Consume as many healing cubes as I need to fight properly as soon as I receive them. Attack Kahel, if I can.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: February 01, 2016, 04:03:34 pm »

((Uh, no? I have spd 0, end 1, pot 1, str 3, and Dex 3. That's 8, I never had a point in speed.))

((Also, I'm getting really confused about this tower that people seem to keep talking about. Can someone fill me in? It's just not clicking on my head!))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4473 on: February 01, 2016, 04:08:17 pm »

((There is a giant eldritch tower on spawn tile. It was summoned by Jase and many others. I'll go fetch the page it appears on.))
Edit: No I won't, because DG found it first.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 05:12:20 pm by Zormod »

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: February 01, 2016, 04:10:37 pm »

"'Lright, needs magic ta use tha tentacles. 'T's somethin' ta work on, at least."
Stab the tentacles that try and touch me, starting with the one that's holding me (and possibly Skelliborn, if it's not too much danger). Avoid getting hit to the best of my ability and back away from the tree a bit in order to reduce the number of attacks coming at any given time.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 05:43:33 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: February 01, 2016, 04:14:24 pm »

Jiksap eyed the serpentine aquatic creature with interest. Such creatures were rare, and it was a shame that many were often killed merely for being dangerous. Speaking of danger, if other supercharged animals are about, being alone is likely one of the worst predicaments. He reasoned now was time for another experiment.

Attempt to tame other organic mechanism. With magic.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: February 01, 2016, 04:20:19 pm »

"Dammit! Can somebody take me seriously and fight like decent mage should? Why are you always running away?!"

Deep, dark anger swelled inside Kahel's chest, feeding on his bloodthirsty plans of minion studies and growing sense of supremacy. If left unchecked, it would change him soon enough... But as for now, his mind was centered on relieving the Duck of several irritating mages.

Kill opposing mages, starting with Bone Master and his ally.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: February 01, 2016, 04:28:52 pm »

((Uh, no? I have spd 0, end 1, pot 1, str 3, and Dex 3. That's 8, I never had a point in speed.))

((Also, I'm getting really confused about this tower that people seem to keep talking about. Can someone fill me in? It's just not clicking on my head!))

{For some reason I hat writen down an exra point in SPD. It's fixed now. And the tower they are talking about was created here.}

((DG, you forgot to add all the bonuses I get from my Vortex Bane during combat))

Ok I admit it, the tree probably isn't friendly. Still, we're not dead yet.
{Your sword gives bonus to stats, not rolls, which means, with your curent stats, it does nothing.}
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: February 01, 2016, 04:35:56 pm »

Go up one tile, sneak behind Forric, and hit him on the head. Empower the forward kinetic energy of my punch, leaving the backwards kinetic energy alone.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: February 01, 2016, 04:54:43 pm »

Skelliborn

Action:
Attack the tree with Vortex Bane repeatedly until the tree dies a bloody, bloody, death.

((Essentially Berserker State))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: February 01, 2016, 04:57:54 pm »

"Dammit! Can somebody take me seriously and fight like decent mage should? Why are you always running away?!"

Deep, dark anger swelled inside Kahel's chest, feeding on his bloodthirsty plans of minion studies and growing sense of supremacy. If left unchecked, it would change him soon enough... But as for now, his mind was centered on relieving the Duck of several irritating mages.

Kill opposing mages, starting with Bone Master and his ally.
I Bless Kahel with the Law to aide in his endeavors until he begins using the Law for other purposes.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 04:59:26 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: February 01, 2016, 06:30:11 pm »

"Hello everybody! I have an important announcement to make! I AM GOING TO GO ON A MURDER SPREE! Starting with sword guy and his minion! And his other minion! Then I am going to kill the bird-winged guy that's killing my ally! And his minions too! Then I'm going to kill someone else, just for fun! Actually, no. Demon summoner guy, get out of dodge. I'm going to do something absolutely horribly a bad idea."

Beast continues the beatdown. As for Old King Coal... quicktopic action.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: February 01, 2016, 06:59:05 pm »

+2 essences.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: February 01, 2016, 07:04:40 pm »

((Ok, I see. That's impressive. I bet the whole island must've quacked again when they pulled that one. But what's this about quick topic actions? I'm only up to page 38 (20 entries per page) of the archive.))

Chorkinaan swings his blade with a slight frown. Huh. Well, I suppose a weightless sword sounds better on paper than it does in your hand. I guess some modifications are in order.

Using a +1/+1 essence, Alter the physical properties of the sword to give it weight as if it were forged of iron, but not gravity. (In other words, it has inertia, but it doesn't fall.) Move center of mass close to the tip of the blade, so that its wielder's strength is magnified in the strike. (Like swinging around a half-empty bottle of soda)

Then give the shield a similar amount of inertia (without gravity) using the +1 pot essence.

If there's time after that, attempt to foil the would-be assassin north and west of here by attempting a sneak attack of my own on him.
(To be clear, I'm assassinating an assassin)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 07:44:48 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: February 01, 2016, 07:16:20 pm »

((Ok, I see. That's impressive. But what's this about quick topic actions? I'm only up to page 38 (20 entries per page) of the archive.))

((The people in FECES use quicktopic to coordinate. It's basically the equivalent of PMing their action.))
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 506