Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1246969 times)

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 137 Teamwork and Teamslacking
« Reply #4290 on: January 13, 2016, 07:34:40 pm »

Fly after the demon Mage,use both essences to summon a large peregrine falcon(about 50-100% larger)
To dive at him
All birds +velociraptors follow me,try to attack him

((This falcon, apparently))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: January 13, 2016, 09:33:16 pm »

((Seems legit))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: January 14, 2016, 06:46:42 am »

((Sorry for that. I'll try to be more clear next time. Btw, you forgot to add crafted essences.))

"Ranged attack? Perfect. Now mages would concentrate their spells on me, forfeiting their lives in the process. Hm... About that, do you hear something?"

Walk around the Tower, seeking mages to hunt. ((Triad, Jiksap, Viznor & newest arrivals excluded.))

If found: Concentrate on one mage, using demon as a sharpshooter while I close for the kill.
If not: Slowly walk south around the lake. There must be some mages on the shore! Craft four essences to prepare.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 06:49:19 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: January 14, 2016, 11:01:00 am »

Enchant my swiss army knife to give me the affinity of Portals
Just my opinion, but obtaining an entire affinity simply by enchanting an item seems seriously overpowered, especially when the affinity in question has nothing to do with your current affinity. I feel that obtaining new affinities should require effort, as in collecting soul shards, discovering artifacts, and other such methods, rather than by simply casting a cheap spell.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4294 on: January 14, 2016, 12:27:08 pm »

Just my opinion, but obtaining an entire affinity simply by enchanting an item seems seriously overpowered, especially when the affinity in question has nothing to do with your current affinity. I feel that obtaining new affinities should require effort, as in collecting soul shards, discovering artifacts, and other such methods, rather than by simply casting a cheap spell.
So far, Skeliborn has been capable of enchanting his blade with Vortex Bane, Acid Vacuum, and Skill. I'll agree that gaining entire affinities through this does seem quite ridiculous, however. DG, what's your word on the matter?

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: January 14, 2016, 12:58:23 pm »

So far, Skeliborn has been capable of enchanting his blade with Vortex Bane, Acid Vacuum, and Skill. I'll agree that gaining entire affinities through this does seem quite ridiculous, however. DG, what's your word on the matter?

My opinion is that it would be too OP. Skeliborn will need to find another course of action if he wants portals. Besides that, the sword has reached maximum enchantment density for it's material. Any more enchantment would either destroy previous enchantments or the sword itself.

The anvil engraving is not in the description because it does not affect sword's function in any way.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: January 14, 2016, 01:26:10 pm »

((It would definitely be possible to get an affinity by enchanting an item... but absurdly difficult.

See the Gambler's focus crystal.))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: January 14, 2016, 01:31:34 pm »

Besides, you can get James to do it.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: January 14, 2016, 03:54:48 pm »

((Couldn't Skelliborn just create a temporary, blade-shaped portal when he wants to come back? I doubt it would be easy, per se, but it's not ridiculously overpowered.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: January 14, 2016, 06:46:37 pm »

((May I suggest a compromise. Make the swiss army knife have the affinity if the spell works but give it a ridiculous debuff for all spells I casy using the portal affinity. (Like -30 cmp when  casting portal spells or -10 potency) given that the most I can put into a spell is +5/+5, this debuff would make the portal affinity unusable for me until I spend several turns creating essences and slowly adding them into the blade))

((OK I exaggerated alot on debuffs))
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 09:48:44 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4300 on: January 15, 2016, 03:53:00 am »

PM. And some other dude gets it.
Edit:
TOAM Table OF Publicly Declared Current Members (WIP)
Username                        Character Name                    Affinities                     
star2wars3SkellibornBlades
thegamemaster1234Professor JiksapMachines
H4zardZ1Dest EternaElectricity
XXXXYYYYThe GamblerLuck, Glass
_Shinju_NihilumAbsence
((You forgot/don't know the fact that i had a gold throne that gives me gold affinity?))
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 10:26:32 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: January 15, 2016, 08:22:59 am »

((Obviously, such artifacts of power exist, though creating them yourself is a bit stupid without enormous amounts of power. Besides, you don't know the secret of the ancients to doing it or whatever. And what if those affinity items work by storing part of someone's soul???))

A heap of scrap indeed! A more... undamaged machine would've been better, but as I always say (and them too!) there is no such thing as useless!
Pollute the water by emptying my tankful of liquid into it. Make a makeshift scuba gear using the tank as an air tank (and some scrap parts for the rest).
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 10:05:55 am by thegamemaster1234 »

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: January 15, 2016, 08:57:33 am »

((Then so much the better. Didn't you see what I wanted to do on my first-second turn?))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: January 15, 2016, 09:00:17 am »

TOAM Table OF Publicly Declared Current Members (WIP)
Username                        Character Name                    Affinities                     
star2wars3SkellibornBlades
thegamemaster1234Professor JiksapMachines
H4zardZ1Dest EternaElectricity, Gold
XXXXYYYYThe GamblerLuck, Glass
_Shinju_NihilumAbsence

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: January 15, 2016, 10:25:17 am »

((Then so much the better. Didn't you see what I wanted to do on my first-second turn?))
((What I meant by storing part of a soul is literally stuffing an affinity into an item. You separate your affinity from yourself and put it in the item.

Also, I'm pretty sure DG is serious about enchantment density. I would not try making it any more awesome than it already is at this point.))
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 11:53:34 am by thegamemaster1234 »
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 506