Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1246950 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 118 "Construct aditional votes"
« Reply #2985 on: October 01, 2015, 09:23:05 pm »

((I wouldn't risk it. Maybe later to bolster the luck aura to higher values.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: October 01, 2015, 09:27:22 pm »

((Yeah, the +11/+8 is really tempting, but I should wait. I have an idea that could allow me (and anyone else) to more safely and reliably apply the luck bonuses in the future in a way that hopefully stacks, though I should prob'ly talk to someone that's better suited to it to ritual up first. I guess I'll use it then.))
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 09:31:33 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: October 01, 2015, 09:32:54 pm »

((Still, I wanted to add more. I'll just have to build up power and add it later. I was gonna add another massive modifier and fold that space into the aether to make a pocket dimension to make the base bigger inside. I was also gonna add a restructuring ability to make it take you the shortest route to your destination if you had one in mind. And other stuff that I'll just have to add later.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: October 01, 2015, 09:46:03 pm »

I help Jase out, with all 8 of my +1+1 knowledge essences. Since that presumably gives me a little room to add things, make the intention-sensing system detect and reveal any lies it finds, and make anyone with hostile intentions lose the knowledge of what they were going to do. Hopefully, that last one should prevent non-magical fights, or, for that matter, drunken brawls.

Also, make a small library. Nothing huge, just a few bookshelves filled with various kinds of books.

If I can, engrave a sigil at my place on the table- a plain scroll, about halfway unfurled, upon which is the image of a slit-pupiled eye. Obviously, don't go prioritizing this over other stuff.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 07:51:01 am by Whisperling »

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: October 01, 2015, 09:47:00 pm »

((ooOOOOooo. Sounds really neat. I'm going to donate the device to the Council building (though if the Chaos essences make it unstable and/or dangerous that'll obviously not be the case) - I think the way I have it worded right now means that the bonuses'll be temporary, so I want it to be in a central area, and it'll be a good way to support the project.))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: October 01, 2015, 09:55:14 pm »

"I don't have much usable essences but I'll do what I can."

Help reinforce the forcefield generator. Break two shards for +1 CMP and use my two +1/+1 force essences (?) and a +1 POT force essence.

((DG, I think you accidentally turned my +1/+1 force essence into an explosion essence.

Just to be sure that nothing bad happens, one force essence...

was what I stated in my previous action. I only remember having a single +1/+1 explosion essence before that.))
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 09:57:56 pm by Crimson »

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: October 02, 2015, 04:23:34 am »

"I'll do a chair, through i am not a Chair mage. Where should i place it?"

Summon(-1) a chair made from gold.

"Need something else?"
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 11:27:12 pm by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: October 02, 2015, 06:05:28 am »

"I to shall assist"

assist the spell with 4 of My essences. Give the main chamber pillars of iron with gold etchings. Other rooms get the etchings on the wall.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 06:11:02 am by endlessblaze »
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: October 02, 2015, 10:35:21 am »

Make 3 essences and continue travelling north-west.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: October 02, 2015, 10:38:40 am »

Hmm... Sharpen the blunt iron sword, and keep making essences. Try 3 this time.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: October 02, 2015, 01:57:56 pm »

"I see that the sword mage is trying his own power first Well the offer still holds should you wish. Well since someone else is making the chairs I doubt I can do much to improve the master spell. I suppose I should do something though.

Action: create 1 soul blade essences

Essence explanation
:
1. a soul blade essence can be used to give a blade the ability to seal souls inside of a blade, however the soul must be the castor's. The method by which this happens is being "killed" by said blade. At this point the blade has magic protection  that makes it as strong as admantium and as resistent to outside magical forces as mithrel.
2.Also, the blade with the greatest amount of soul blade essences crafted by a particular blade mage automatically absorbs all magic shards and essences of which the deceased mage once owned and power the blade up using said drops.
3. a blade mage soul which is sealed within a blade is treated as a living mage with the following actions:
Spoiler: Sealed Mage Actions (click to show/hide)
4. If someone uses a sword with a blade mage sealed inside of it then when they kill someone with the blade then all essences from the killed mage are transferred to the sealed mage. The shards go to the mage weilding the blade.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: October 02, 2015, 02:06:03 pm »

Also I've decided on a g-d for Skelliborn

Hepheastus: g-d of the forge.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: October 02, 2015, 03:37:43 pm »

"I'm all for it."

My chair will be an antique oak chair with forest green cushions on the seat and back which make it comfortable to sit in.  The magical bar will be shaped like a fantasy style tavern, with a kitchen sectioned off in a separate room, it will be stocked with normal alcoholic beverages of all kinds, have glasses and mugs and the sorts.  Everything will be made up of sturdy oak wood.  A sign saying "Normal Alcohol and Food free to council members.  Talk to the bartender for special items."
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: October 02, 2015, 03:54:37 pm »

...Everything will be made up of sturdy oak wood...

((Murderer!))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: October 02, 2015, 03:56:02 pm »

((Hey its magically created/ summoned whatever, no trees were harmed in the making of this bar/chair))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 506