Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1247381 times)

Trewque

• Bay Watcher
  • Revan
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 116 Essence wizardly russian roulette
« Reply #2880 on: September 14, 2015, 11:06:32 am »

"Well... Looks like my luck was in this time."

Use non-chaotic paleoessences, and summon an obedient Utahraptor (Hyperlink for the Gamemaster's convenience:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utahraptor).

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: September 14, 2015, 11:17:28 am »

"Well... Looks like my luck was in this time."

Use non-chaotic paleoessences, and summon an obedient Utahraptor (Hyperlink for the Gamemaster's convenience:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utahraptor).

((Did you forget to say how many essences, or do you intend to use all of them?))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: September 14, 2015, 02:52:18 pm »

"Oi, don't bring me into this, Crimson. I didn't say anything. Maybe you have a stalker or something." Jase calls out, raising his voice for Crimson to hear.

He then turns to the rest of the mages gathered. "Excuse me. Could I please have your attention for a few moments?" He asks, his voice still raised to be heard.

Two more aether essences. The time draws near.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 07:20:41 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: September 14, 2015, 06:52:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"I'm sorry but this particular weapon is not for sale. Also, I'm pretty sure it does not react to emotion. Though I once did have such a weapon, before that ice dragon, I'm pretty sure that it did not react to emotions anymore. I've never been able to use that history of my weapon once in proper combat so the other mages shouldn't know about it. And I believe you've only just arrived as well here so perhaps, you heard it from Jase?

...Well, never mind the details. What you're talking about was the force sword that once covered my former metal right arm. It's already long gone. If you want, I could probably make a weapon for you though with the upcoming council and the number of people around, it'll have to wait. Main reason though would be me not wanting to cause an accidental explosion in such a crowded place."

((DG's workload is large enough with 21 players.))

((We're all currently gathering in one place so writing a turn should be a little bit easier for now. Still, 21 players definitely is a lot.))

"Well I was told by someone but I forgot to ask his name. In case I didn't introduce myself, I'm Skelliborn Blade-edge, Magician of Blades. I can forge weapons by myself. I was merely interested in a the emotion blade due to its unique properties. (Of course, with whatever is effecting my magic, who knows if anyone here can use their magic to their will). I will not be using your services at this time good sir but if I can't create a decent blade soon, I may need to use your services."

MY ACTION:
Pray To The G-d of Blood. Then try:
/weapon:summon Demon Sword Bloodbringer
-1 Mod:Specify
-1 Mod:Solid

"I call out to the g-d of blood. World after world I have stained the ground with great offerings. Causing rivers to flow from bright red all for you. Now, grant me the power to do your will once again. Grant me the power of Bloodbringer so all shall fear your name."
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 06:05:47 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: September 14, 2015, 07:55:21 pm »

(@Skelliborn)
"*Chuckle* 'Ello there, new 'un! I'm called the Gambler m'self. I'm a luck mage, ya see, an' the name's a keepsake. Don' ya be makin' trouble 'ere, not wit' this many mages nearby. I've seen some a' these do some terrifin' things in tha past, tho it was only a' a distance."
He then, of course, turns toward Jase, prepared to listen.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 07:59:08 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: September 14, 2015, 10:41:32 pm »

Ah I see a luck mage. You do realize that all luck is an extension of quantum immortality. Right? Also if you know a better way to summon a sword when normal magic appears blocked, I'm all ears.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: September 15, 2015, 12:07:05 am »

"There are many more mages here than when this contest began. And the numbers continue to increase, not decrease as one would expect in this type of contest. It would seem a majority here are interested in other goals than wanton slaughter. But it only takes one mage to ruin what seems to be peace here and turn it back into a bloodbath. We need a way to govern ourselves, to prevent needless death. It is not my goal to stop the violence, as that is why some mages have come. They may still tear at each other's throats, but they cannot be allowed to force their bloodlust upon others who do not seek it. We need a Council." Jase speaks solemnly, making sure his voice is still loud enough to be heard.

"And every council needs chambers. That is why I have come. I will build us a fortress, a sanctuary in this battlefield to prevent bloodshed for those who do not seek it. To that end, I ask any of you in support of this vision to grant me a few of your essences. I will need them if I am to make this hope a reality." Jase continues. Once he finishes, he watches the other mages for reactions.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: September 15, 2015, 12:53:03 am »

"If that's all it takes to stop you lot from desecrating nature, then I'm all for it. Explain in detail what you have planned for this 'Council chamber'."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: September 15, 2015, 01:22:39 am »

"Sure I'm down for it, but yes please give details."
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: September 15, 2015, 01:39:44 am »

"You know, a chamber. For the council. With a big, round table. But no chairs. The members can bring or make their own damn chairs. I'm not a Chair Mage. And a field to prevent harmful casting within the chamber."

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: September 15, 2015, 06:51:31 am »

Kahel came closer, hoping that he is on time. And it seemed like he missed only obligatory introduction part. A council... Seems like a good thing, considering the sheer number of mages.

"All right. You can count me in, I'm quite sure that I can transform some of the water into eternal ice for building purposes and finer decoration. Alternatively, some obsidian for interior - but it would need a bit more time to accomplish.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: September 15, 2015, 07:12:26 am »

"Should we use gold for the exterior?"
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: September 15, 2015, 08:24:21 am »

"I would gladly install doors, but sadly I am quite busy! And this druid over there is giving me creepy murderous looks!"
((Is anyone else surprised that what was originally intended as a death arena is now trying to develop its own political system?))
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 08:27:45 am by thegamemaster1234 »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: September 15, 2015, 08:40:06 am »

((I'm not particularly surprised myself, yet find it amusing. Still, probability of second council is close to zero - most of the mages present would die some time after the first because of dangerous experiments, powerful adversaries and slow deterioration back into bloodshed. Hopefully, this will get raise to a new, much more violent batch of newcomers that would ruin everything we strived to create and protect, and feast on the remnants of glorious past. Until another period of stability comes.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: September 15, 2015, 09:38:04 am »

"There are many more mages here than when this contest began. And the numbers continue to increase, not decrease as one would expect in this type of contest. It would seem a majority here are interested in other goals than wanton slaughter. But it only takes one mage to ruin what seems to be peace here and turn it back into a bloodbath. We need a way to govern ourselves, to prevent needless death. It is not my goal to stop the violence, as that is why some mages have come. They may still tear at each other's throats, but they cannot be allowed to force their bloodlust upon others who do not seek it. We need a Council." Jase speaks solemnly, making sure his voice is still loud enough to be heard.

"And every council needs chambers. That is why I have come. I will build us a fortress, a sanctuary in this battlefield to prevent bloodshed for those who do not seek it. To that end, I ask any of you in support of this vision to grant me a few of your essences. I will need them if I am to make this hope a reality." Jase continues. Once he finishes, he watches the other mages for reactions.
"You have my agreement."

Ah I see a luck mage. You do realize that all luck is an extension of quantum immortality. Right? Also if you know a better way to summon a sword when normal magic appears blocked, I'm all ears.
Upon hearing this, the Gambler turns toward Skelliborn, a dark look upon his face.
"You do realize that all a blade is issa hunk of material, right?
Maybe I'm just a petty court magician peddlin' tricks, fakin' an' lyin' to earn my daily gold an' keep an' destined for an early grave when I get found out as a fraud.
Well, my experience is jus' a lil' bit dif'rent. Luck issa force. Measurable. Changeable. Beautiful. You can feel it, see how the events fall with my enchantments. I can feel tha strings an' courses o' fate themselves an' bind 'em to objects an' people. If ya give me enough time, I could rig the dice o' the gods 'emselves. But if ya need a bit a proof, I could jus' take your luck, if ya think ya so right. May the Mistress protect you, if you do."
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 506