Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1253186 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 77 Cold war
« Reply #1425 on: April 22, 2015, 05:50:36 pm »

"I'm fighting a losing battle. Hey dragon, are you certain you want to kill me? My abilities might be useful to you, I could aid you until I am the only one left."

If the dragon speaks to me and allows me to become his chief minion, high priest, second in command mook, whatnot, then sit down and make 3 Evil Eye essences.
If anything else... use 1 shard for Potency and 2 for Competency and cast a curse on the dragon that causes him to take any damage I would take. ((It's worth a shot.))

((I sent a private message to DreamerGhost last turn. The action I posted here for last turn was a fake action.))
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 05:54:56 pm by FallacyofUrist »
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: April 22, 2015, 07:58:19 pm »

At this rate, everyone's going to be the dragon's minion and nobody who is hostile to the dragon will be left on the map.

Also, either that dragon is an albino, or this world does not correlate scale color to breath type.

Sit against a tree near NAV. Make two more control essences.

"So, you're the mage in the forest the oracle was talking about?"
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: April 22, 2015, 11:02:59 pm »

Debuff=0
While True:
        if in_danger or character_interaction:
                react_accordingly()
        else:
                If Debuff<7:
                         Make_one_essence()
                         Debuff=Debuff+1
                else:
                         Make_two_essences()

((Aka, make 1 essence per turn until the debuff wears off, then make 2. If I get in danger, I'll post a proper reaction, ranging from "run away" to "blast it with enough unluckiness that it simultaneously develops every illness known to man, while being informed that everyone it knew and loved just died, as a bird defecates on its head. In addition to it getting struck by both lightning and a meteor at the same time etc etc"))

((mostly doing this to prevent me from clogging up the tread with boring "make one essence" posts. If this is too much of a hassle, I'll post normally))
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 11:13:50 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: April 22, 2015, 11:08:59 pm »

NEEEEEERRRD!
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: April 22, 2015, 11:13:41 pm »

NEEEEEERRRD!
((I was really tempted to make it far more versatile and declare everything, but I decided that would generally not work out that well. make_one_essence and make_two_essences should really be one function with an argument, for example, but that wouldn't look as nice.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: April 23, 2015, 12:49:01 am »

James sits next to Marcus.
"Yep, I'm the mage in the forest. Helped grow it, some even say I can speak to the trees. Don't know about any oracles though. The name's James, healer and summoner."
James shakes Marcus' hand.
"You need anything?"

3 more summoning essences.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 02:39:04 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 76 Winter is comming
« Reply #1431 on: April 23, 2015, 05:00:25 am »

CMP [1+1=2]
POT [2+1=3]
CMP [1]
POT [2]

{How}
((This is harsh.))

Push creating force essences to the limit. Try to create five at once. And again, in case the dragon does attack us, perform my previous emergency action instead of creating essences.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: April 23, 2015, 07:17:58 am »

Debuff=0
While True:
                react_accordingly()
        else:
                If Debuff<7:
                         Make_one_essence()
                         Debuff=Debuff+1
                else:
                         Make_two_essences()

((Aka, make 1 essence per turn until the debuff wears off, then make 2. If I get in danger, I'll post a proper reaction, ranging from "run away" to "blast it with enough unluckiness that it simultaneously develops every illness known to man, while being informed that everyone it knew and loved just died, as a bird defecates on its head. In addition to it getting struck by both lightning and a meteor at the same time etc etc"))

((mostly doing this to prevent me from clogging up the tread with boring "make one essence" posts. If this is too much of a hassle, I'll post normally))

((Nice pseudocode. I could probably translate that into JavaScript. By the way, No has a plan for dealing with you as well... presuming he survives the dragon.))
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: April 23, 2015, 08:20:11 am »

Debuff=0
While True:
                react_accordingly()
        else:
                If Debuff<7:
                         Make_one_essence()
                         Debuff=Debuff+1
                else:
                         Make_two_essences()

((Nice pseudocode. I could probably translate that into JavaScript. By the way, No has a plan for dealing with you as well... presuming he survives the dragon.))
((It's actually working Python code, if I wrote the various functions needed. Gotta love dat Python, all lookin like pseudocode an' such. That's why I wanted to write it better, but didn't for casual readability.))

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: April 23, 2015, 08:49:40 am »

Debuff=0
While True:
                react_accordingly()
        else:
                If Debuff<7:
                         Make_one_essence()
                         Debuff=Debuff+1
                else:
                         Make_two_essences()

((It's actually working Python code, if I wrote the various functions needed. Gotta love dat Python, all lookin like pseudocode an' such. That's why I wanted to write it better, but didn't for casual readability.))
Cool.

I can do some basic Javascript
One of my fave things to mess around with when useing it is

X=random(5)
{if (x=="1") show ("you are killed by a dragon")}

And set up difrent actions for all possibility's

Maybe I will do one later based on things that have happend in the game so far.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: April 23, 2015, 09:31:30 am »

James sits next to Marcus.
"Yep, I'm the mage in the forest. Helped grow it, some even say I can speak to the trees. Don't know about any oracles though. The name's James, healer and summoner."
James shakes Marcus' hand.
"You need anything?"

3 more summoning essences.
"Just protection. I think if I create enough essences, I can stop the dragon from killing everyone."
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: April 23, 2015, 11:53:33 am »

Maybe get a bit of distance from Crimson. Or more than a bit. Actually, I'm headed to the hex James is on. Make two essences on the way.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 12:46:37 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 76 Winter is comming
« Reply #1437 on: April 23, 2015, 12:30:23 pm »

Try to create five at once.
((Gods help us!))

Create three essences.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 07:55:48 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: April 23, 2015, 12:47:37 pm »

"HAY DRAGON! Did you not hear me!? I even planed to give you him after I smashed his head!"
Try to create five at once.
Does anyone have a bugle or a trumpet? I think I may need to play "Taps" soon.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 12:49:12 pm by ATHATH »

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: April 23, 2015, 01:32:44 pm »

PREPARE TO USE LIGHTNING ON DRAGON
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 506