Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Next focus (I will work on the Human Civ in the meantime):

Manuals
Dfhack r5 / Stonesense Overlay
More Graphic Item tiles (tools, toys, crafts, hardcoded tiles)
Bugfixes / Balancing
Warlock Update

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: UPDATE - V.5.10 - Best update + STOCKPILES + MULTI-ZLEVEL VIEW  (Read 24503 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATE - V.5.08 - Best update ever ?
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2014, 11:51:26 pm »

Now that the evil twins are gone, will there be a new way to get dwarves as invaders? I liked trying to beat my own civ in combat.

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2014, 12:08:06 am »

as long as you keep a copy of the old versions' raws, you should be able to copy/paste in the old evil twins into the new version/ copy the existing dwarf civ and make what changes you see fit.

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2014, 01:06:38 am »

Is Truetype completely disabled? Even after turning off Item Graphics and enabling Truetype fonts, it doesnt seem to work when i launch DF. Am i missing something else i need to disable?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2014, 01:54:31 am »

You need to change the printmode to 2D. Its set to STANDARD which doesnt support ttf.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2014, 02:12:59 am »

That did it. Never realised i needed to mess with that option. So i guess its never going to be possible to use both Truetype and the item graphics together?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2014, 02:17:57 am »

That did it. Never realised i needed to mess with that option. So i guess its never going to be possible to use both Truetype and the item graphics together?
Correct. Mifki might make some changes to make more text available though... we will see.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2014, 08:18:59 am »

I can't get nano fortress embark settings to take:  example 1x1
You have to hit Alt-N at the embark screen. Though setting it to automatically enabe whwn you set the size to 1x1 is a neat idea.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Kiefatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2014, 09:18:20 am »

About when should the first invasion hit? I had a 20+man Dwarf Siege after 5 seasons, right after the second migrant wave on my most recent 5.08 Warlock fort.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2014, 09:41:16 am »

About when should the first invasion hit? I had a 20+man Dwarf Siege after 5 seasons, right after the second migrant wave on my most recent 5.08 Warlock fort.
Apparently that doesnt work for civilized races. -.-

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2014, 09:49:05 am »

If you're looking for more anecdotes, dwarves sieged my 5.07 Succubi fortress in the winter of the first year, with a population of something like 13.  Granted, I had fairly high wealth for that time (like 50k?) due to gem furniture.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2014, 09:52:49 am »

If they dont respect siege triggers, there is nothing I can do. Except giving them weaker materials, for example elves dont go full mithril.

Thats the only thing I can think of to change the balancing.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2014, 09:58:15 am »

If you're looking for more anecdotes, dwarves sieged my 5.07 Succubi fortress in the winter of the first year, with a population of something like 13.  Granted, I had fairly high wealth for that time (like 50k?) due to gem furniture.

Yes dwarves are unruly and always attack on first year. What surprises me is that in vanilla you get one year of grace before other civs start poking you.

If they did not get in, I guess you can make cage traps. Or running Sow Discord at the abyssal temple if you have the souls.

That said, even with the loss of ttf, text being text make reading so much easier.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2014, 10:13:03 am »

Yup those pesky dwarves attacked my kobold fort in the first Autumn, they were all crossbow dwarfs. Every autumn of that world they would attack haa.

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2014, 11:16:20 am »

Oddities with the new rendering stuff:  Activating workflow totally changes the tileset.  While I am in the workflow screens the grass/walls/etc change to a totally different look (basically looks more like an ascii-ish tileset).  Once I leave workflow the tiles display differently until I move the screen around a bit, it looks like the appearance sticks until the tile gets re-rendered (i.e. new squares on the screen are displayed 'normally').  I switched the tile set to MDF-Ironhand, then back to the default before I started this fort.  I'll post some screen shots if needed once I get back home.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2014, 11:34:13 am »

I get that too on the default tileset, I think it's because it cans detect whether a dfhack viewscreen is fullscreen or not
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11