Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Next focus (I will work on the Human Civ in the meantime):

Manuals
Dfhack r5 / Stonesense Overlay
More Graphic Item tiles (tools, toys, crafts, hardcoded tiles)
Bugfixes / Balancing
Warlock Update

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: UPDATE - V.5.10 - Best update + STOCKPILES + MULTI-ZLEVEL VIEW  (Read 24527 times)

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATE - V.5.08 - Best update ever ?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2014, 03:27:08 pm »

The tiles for the trapcomps are broken, It appears you used the armor tiles for the overrides.
Edit:
Spoiler: Fixed overrides.txt (click to show/hide)
Edit 2: Fixed windowed font.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 03:41:55 pm by palu »
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2014, 03:52:43 pm »

The tiles for the trapcomps are broken, It appears you used the armor tiles for the overrides.
Edit:
??? The file you posted has literally the same entries as the one in the download.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2014, 03:53:26 pm »

Uploaded the fix for tileset changing. Should work again. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2014, 04:28:46 pm »

Just two notes on 5.08

1.) I tried to open DF on my machine and was given this message.

I have an NVidia 8400 GS in that machine with the Microsoft approved drivers. I had to update the drivers to the latest NVidia set of drivers and now it seems to be working. Just a heads up for anyone with that issue.

2.) Also now, whenever I quit the game, I don't get a clean shutdown, I just a windows crashed message about DF. Not sure if its related to DFHack or not, just wanted to throw it out there, its obviously not a huge deal.

Undeadlord

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2014, 04:41:54 pm »

I can't see a difference on the image guide between firejet and fireball gnome turrets. Not sure if intended.

Also, the modern grenade for the ammo?  I'm surprised you chose that over a more proper for the theme fuse grenade. It just stood out for me a bit.  I know it's a balance between user-recognition and style.

Great work!
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

Azuraal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2014, 05:05:23 pm »

I have very strange bug in this update, I play in window and on embark location screen half of the world map is in default tileset, like cut in half. I will put screenshot later.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2014, 07:42:57 pm »

Wooot no more 7 Guardians of Armok in my forts now, and so I'm getting confused about the new item tiles (Which look lovely so good job with those Meph and any one else who worked on them.) So I can't use both rendermax but can I use truetype font?

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2014, 08:30:40 pm »

Edit:
??? The file you posted has literally the same entries as the one in the download.
This line here:
Code: [Select]
[TILESET:MDF 24x - Overrides Items.png:MDF 24x - Overrides Items.png]It was probably just a copypaste error, but it had the armor tileset. Check it in your version - line 409.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2014, 08:59:38 pm »

palu: (I feel so smart now)

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2014, 10:01:28 pm »

This may seem out of the blue but I really injoy your bike tour photos but something has been digging into my back of my brain more then a pickaxe could... How are you going to go though the places with the nasty roaming gangs in Africa?

Also can you still get the special type of ammo from the archaeologist or not?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2014, 10:45:58 pm »

I saw you had it in your poll about dfhack r5/overlay.

Are you planning on figuring out if it's possible to alter the overlay pictures (aka the isometric tiles used in stonesense).

That would be something.  As is I find it jarring.  I wish more could be done with stonesense (like more rotable views), but as is, it's pretty great and allows for great viewing of multiple z-levels.  But the text (transparent text would be nice) that is displayed can get in the way of the icons.  but that's another issue I guess.

Also, would that put a fissure in your multiple tilesets you just did?  Like, can stonesense handle the amount of detail you just packed into the 2d display of the game?

Honestly, I'm more about quality vs gimmick, and stonesense is great, but it's a visual tool (render is slow too).  I don't think it's as polished as say, gnomoria's display is, but it's close.

nevermind, saw your other post specifically about overlay
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 11:31:37 pm by thistleknot »

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2014, 10:54:32 pm »

2.) Also now, whenever I quit the game, I don't get a clean shutdown, I just a windows crashed message about DF. Not sure if its related to DFHack or not, just wanted to throw it out there, its obviously not a huge deal.

Yeah, I have the same problem too. Its not so much painful to gameplay or anything, since it almoy happens when I'm done playing, but is irksome that it never wants to shut down clean and proper.

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2014, 11:06:41 pm »

The spawn are from syrupleaf, aren't they? loved that fort's story. Another great update. Thanks for the work that went into it.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 11:13:22 pm by SIGVARDR »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2014, 11:13:48 pm »

The spawn are from headshoots, aren't they? loved that fort's story. Another great update. Thanks for the work that went into it.
yes.

Yeah, I have the same problem too. Its not so much painful to gameplay or anything, since it almoy happens when I'm done playing, but is irksome that it never wants to shut down clean and proper.
I honestly dont know.

Also, would that put a fissure in your multiple tilesets you just did?  Like, can stonesense handle the amount of detail you just packed into the 2d display of the game?
Stonesense and TwbT are not compatible, so thats not an issue. Either way it wouldnt affect it at all.

This may seem out of the blue but I really injoy your bike tour photos but something has been digging into my back of my brain more then a pickaxe could... How are you going to go though the places with the nasty roaming gangs in Africa?

Also can you still get the special type of ammo from the archaeologist or not?
Archeologist amm yes.

And wtf. Nasty roaming gangs? This comment is the first time I hear about any gangs in Africa. Forget about that, people are super friendly there.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2014, 11:41:04 pm »

I can't get nano fortress embark settings to take:  example 1x1
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 11:45:10 pm by thistleknot »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11