Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: World of Darkness: Vampire - The Requiem  (Read 15164 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: World of Darkness: Vampire - The Requiem
« Reply #120 on: September 03, 2014, 03:12:11 pm »

"So, quit my job, basically. I guess not having friends around here is not nearly as bad a thing as I thought. So, um, I guess I'll be going then."

Hope to god that Nat doesn't want anything and move along into the streets if possible. Make sure to reclaim all my possessions on the way.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 03, 2014, 06:02:23 pm »

Alexandria smiles back and giggles, but she's being insincere. A knife is good and all, but allies are better.
"You know, I've never been nearly swept of my feet by a dashing, dark, handsome man before."

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2014, 05:18:08 am »

"Oh wow, this is like totally messed up," says Lenora as she grips the sides of the passenger chair tight, "You're— you're not going to let her kill me right? Where are we even going. Oh satan, this is literally the worst."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2014, 05:34:02 pm »

Sara looks at Charles (if he's there, of course). She then says, "Carpool?"

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2014, 08:30:45 pm »

Allison smiled, though it was rather sickly.
"Yeah, sure. I could do with a drink."
Bradley smiles and extends his hand. "Well then, take my hand, and we shall be whisked away to a fanciful land of prosper! Wait, do you have something a little nicer? I mean, jeans and a t-shirt are alright, but as a Daeva you kinda want to show off your best features, if you know what I'm saying. It's not for me, of course; You have to be able to effectively lure out your 'prey'."

Hope to god that Nat doesn't want anything and move along into the streets if possible. Make sure to reclaim all my possessions on the way.
You get any weapons back from Marcus and start to walk away when Nat grabs your arm and makes you jump. "Where are you goin'? You can't just walk off on your own like that. You don't even know how to hunt, do you?"

Sara looks at Charles (if he's there, of course). She then says, "Carpool?"
Charles slips his thumbs into his pockets and gives a little smile. "We shouldn't need a car. It's only a couple of blocks away. If you'll just follow me, we can be on our way."

EDIT: Almost forgot two people!

"Oh wow, this is like totally messed up," says Lenora as she grips the sides of the passenger chair tight, "You're— you're not going to let her kill me right? Where are we even going. Oh satan, this is literally the worst."
"Not if I can help it. But we should be pretty safe now. It's not like there's some sort of Kindred GPS that lets us locate one another, just mostly a feeling of those around you. Like a weird sixth sense. Although some Kindred have seventh and eighth senses, too." He slows down to the speed limit and runs his hand through his red-streaked hair. "I was planning on taking you back to my place, but that'd be the first place she'd look for us. Got anywhere you can lay low for the night?"
Spoiler: Lenora (click to show/hide)

Alexandria smiles back and giggles, but she's being insincere. A knife is good and all, but allies are better.
"You know, I've never been nearly swept of my feet by a dashing, dark, handsome man before."
Joey smirks. "I can tell you are lying when you lay it on so thick, girl. I have been around for more than 70 years, after all. To be quite honest though, It's better if you do not return the feeling. Relationships between the Sire and Childe are complicated enough already without adding carnal desires into the mix."
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 08:50:32 pm by AlleeCat »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 19, 2014, 01:02:48 am »

Makes sense. It'd be a bit like incest, wouldn't it? No matter, that meant that Sire/Childe relationships are probably friendly, pa/maternal or... foely? Oppenonty? Adversarial. That was the word she'd been looking for.
"Well, you still owe me a drink. Where are we going?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 19, 2014, 01:15:42 am »

"Uh, is it hard to figure out?" Alissa asks before realizing that she's probably being rather rude, and that these people probably don't take kindly to that.

"Um, I'm sorry. I just have an urge to move around sometimes. So, how do I hunt?"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 19, 2014, 06:40:28 pm »

It'll probably cause too much trouble if I go back to my dorm and try to sleep all day...

[Resolve + Composure... 1d10=2, 1d10=5... failure!]

"Yeah just drop me off at Seattle U main campus, I've totally got this covered."

She roots around the car for something to write her number on.

"Like, totally give me a ring some time OK? Maybe tomorrow night?"

Then, as the thought occurs to her as she deciphers the strange voices in her head.

"Um, Red, did that girl you were talking about ever wake up from her coma?"

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 21, 2014, 10:08:57 pm »

"Well, you still owe me a drink. Where are we going?"
"Not far. Look, over there!" He stops and points out a lone mortal in a gray suit, buried in his phone and fumbling with his keys. "The key to a successful hunt, is to become one with the shadows, and pounce at the very moment they least expect it. This man will be a good first target. Go, now. Feed, but do not drink him dry, and lick the wound afterward, to hide the bite."
He motions you away, and blends into the shadows, suddenly disappearing from view, although you can still feel his presence.

"Uh, is it hard to figure out?" Alissa asks before realizing that she's probably being rather rude, and that these people probably don't take kindly to that.

"Um, I'm sorry. I just have an urge to move around sometimes. So, how do I hunt?"
"Well, if you're in a hurry to go, lemme break down a few ground rules for ya real quick. One: Never drain your prey dry. 'nless it's an animal of course. If you drain 'em dry, you'll kill 'em, and you can't kill humans because it breaks Masquerade, and you really don't want to break Masquerade in this town, because then you have to deal with the Prince, or mister gorilla Sheriff over there. Two: You're a Nosferatu, which means it'll be tough to find good food. Daeva, Ventrue, Gangrel, can all just waltz into a bar, turn on some charm, and get some dude to go feed on in a back alley. For us, it's different. People are repulsed by us. The main way you'll have to feed is by grabbing someone in an alley and biting 'em before they can fight back. Which brings me to Three: Humans go into this sort of trance when you feed on 'em. I've heard it described as sort of this orgasmic feeling all over. They generally don't remember being fed on, just don't let them know what you're about to do beforehand, and they'll usually just stumble home in a haze of blood loss when you're done. Four: Lick the wound when you're done. It'll hide the marks, and make them less likely to freak out when they do snap out of it in the morning. And finally, Five: Don't worry about turning anyone by biting them. The only way you can do that is if you mean to, and trust me, it takes a lot out of you."
She looks over at the house, and then back to you, and says, "I'll get out of your hair. My number should already be in your phone. Hit me up if you need anything else." before heading back in.

"Yeah just drop me off at Seattle U main campus, I've totally got this covered."
"Oh, yea. The UW ((GM note: The University of Washington is the big university around here that your character would probably be going to.)) isn't too far. We're in the U District now, anyway."
"Like, totally give me a ring some time OK? Maybe tomorrow night?"
"Oh, my number's already in your phone. It's one of the things all the new Sires did while you guys were... out..."
"Um, Red, did that girl you were talking about ever wake up from her coma?"
Red's face suddenly goes from its usual jovial smirk to a sad seriousness, "Ah... No... She's gone... Dead and buried about 10 years ago now... I just wish I could've done something..."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 22, 2014, 12:33:08 am »

Alexandria understood the concept. It's a bit like a walk by assassination: walk fast, get close, bump in to the target, do the deed, keep walking.
With steely determination, she walks hard and fast, one hand on her knife, the other swinging loose. Once she's in range, she grabs the man's head, making an opening, and bites. She tries to gauge how long she can suck for without permanently hurting him. Once done, she licks once, and walks on like nothing happened, and takes the first turn off.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 22, 2014, 04:29:01 am »

((This still open for new characters or is there a waitlist?))

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 22, 2014, 07:15:58 am »

((Woops, missed an update.))

Nervously, she reached out and took his hand. Allison rubbed the back of her neck, slightly bashfully. Not having much was not something she'd been used to throughout her life, and she found it embarassing not to have much.
"I... don't have much. My parents kicked me out not that long back. Well, more like I left rather abruptly. We didn't see eye to eye on things. I was staying with Alice for a while while I got things sorted out. I have a dress or two, but I guess I could borrow one of hers."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 22, 2014, 09:24:05 am »

"Well, okay. Talk to you later, Nat."

Head out into the streets. Watch out for solitary individuals and such.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 22, 2014, 12:13:04 pm »

((This still open for new characters or is there a waitlist?))
Yes and no. If you make your character and PM the sheet to me, I'll introduce them at the earliest convenience, which will probably be tomorrow night IG. I don't know how long it's going to be until then, though, so you may have to wait a bit.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 22, 2014, 02:06:13 pm »

"Let's walk."
Go with Charles.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10