Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: World of Darkness: Vampire - The Requiem  (Read 15226 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: World of Darkness: Vampire - The Requiem
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2014, 10:37:18 am »

How about Alice, Allison, Alissa, and Alicia, then? 
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2014, 10:49:47 am »

How about Alice, Allison, Alissa, and Alicia, then?

That's actually a pretty good idea. I think I'll go with Alissa.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2014, 10:50:58 am »

As said before, I'm Alicia. I imagine Allison is the more posh name, about as posh as Victoria really, so maybe you should choose that one, Giglamesh. This is a pretty good theme because they're all basically the same name but it presents alliteration rather then repetition. Maybe the cult separates it's teams of acolytes into alphabetical order?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2014, 07:40:29 pm »

Okay, sorry for the doublepost, but sheet is done!

So, I went a little odd for this one. Mexican, amnesiac, slightly brain damaged action heroine.Sort of makes me think she'd more belong in a Robert Rodriguez film then a WoD game, but that might be fun. Besides, this party needs a action-y type. Due to the fact I had to really downgrade her English skills, I fear that roleplaying her might turn out a little Machete-esque in speaking patterns. Should be fun anyway.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2014, 07:58:05 pm »

So we have:
Allison: seduction, fencing
Alissa: science
Alicia: gunfighting, interogation
Alice: Politics, studying

That's all four now.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2014, 08:01:23 pm »

Pretty nice team, if I do say so myself. I like how Alicia is basically the odd duck out since the rest of the team is a rich kid and two college students, but I think Allison and Alicia might have a connection at least in the fact they both prefer certain forms of combat. Though I imagine Alicia's experience is more in the field then Allison's.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2014, 12:57:13 pm »

I'll start now. Immaterial can catch up later.

You wake up in a church, chained to large stone pews. You have no memory of what led up to this point, but you feel... different. For one thing, you don't even think your heart is beating anymore.
And you're hungry. So hungry you're light headed. All around you a powerful, delicious smell wafts through the air. Suddenly you realize there's blood all over the church floor and splashed onto the pews. The scent is overpowering, and it makes you even more hungry.
Then, you hear a voice, coming from the end of the aisle. A man is standing with his back to you, talking on a cell phone.
"...told you to only turn four of them! There are twice that many here! Who else helped you sire the rest? Because I know you don't have the willpower to sire six childer, let alone two!"
"The Malkovian? Are you serious? He's dangerous to our operation! Even more so now that he has, what, two childer in our ranks, now? And more Nosferatu is just a bad idea in and of itself! The fuck were you thinking?"
"You'd better be on your fucking way. They're waking up."
He hangs up the phone and slips it into his pocket, taking a deep breath before turning to face you. He's wearing a finely tailored suit and tie, looking almost like a business executive, or maybe a lawyer from a very important firm. He smiles, showing elongated and sharpened canines. You seem to remember him coming to some of the cult meetings, shaking hands with the leader and writing checks. His smile is just as unnerving now as it was then.
"Hello, everyone. My name is Marcus. I'm sure you have a lot of questions, and I have all the time in the world for answers, but I want to cover the basics first. You're dead. Well, sort of. We all have different philosophies about it, but the important thing is that you're one of us now. At some point in your life, you may have called us 'vampires,' now you will call each other 'kindred.'"
He begins to pace up and down the hall with his hands behind his back, "You're better now. Stronger, faster, more dexterous, more perceptive. These gifts, however, come with a cost. You have weaknesses. Our... aversion to direct sunlight is the worst of these. Never go out in the day. Never even let the sun in through blinds. It will hurt, and it will kill you if you let it. Fire is another weakness. Not as deadly as sunlight, but still harmful nonetheless. Wooden stakes are also a danger, but they only paralyze; they never kill by themselves."
He stops pacing and heads around the back of the altar, kneeling behind it and opening a cooler. "I imagine you're all hungry. I wish you could feed on a live human for your first time, but these blood packs should satiate you," He paces down the aisle again, tossing each one of you a medical blood pack, "Blood is your food. It's your sustaining life force. It's your new drug of choice. Blood is your everything. Without it, you will waste away to nothing, just as you would die of starvation. All Kindred have different ways of obtaining it. We call it "hunting." Never hunt in another Kindred's hunting grounds. It is a violation of the code we all live by, and you may even be executed for it."
"Now, about the-"
You hear a car door slam outside, and it seems to interrupt Marcus's train of thought, "Finally, he's here. He'd better have a damn good reason for skipping out on me. Let's get these shackles off."
He comes to each one of you, one by one, and unlocks the shackles around your arms and legs, letting you get up and stretch your freshly risen limbs. As he unlocks the last shackle, a man bursts through the door to the church, grinning wildly in a long black robe. You recognize him as the cult leader you are all familiar with. Unlike Marcus's smile, his almost puts you at ease, makes you feel safe.
Marcus speaks to the cult leader, "Bradley. Your... children would like a word with you."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2014, 01:28:54 pm »

"Uh... whuh?" Alissa asks as she wonders how exactly things could have gone this catastrophically wrong. This is all going way too fast. What is even happening? It's kind of hard to think, actually, hungry as she is. Wait, why is the smell of blood making her hungry? She's a vampire? What?

Checklist of Knowledge:

What's the last thing I remember? Events I recall between arriving at the cult meeting and being here, to be exact. I seem to recognize the cult leader, at any rate, so there must be something.

Have I seen Marcus before? Does he look familiar? Is he hot? Why is that third question something that occurs to me at this precise moment?

Do I have any blood on me? Oh god I hope I don't have any blood on me. Shit is impossible to get out once it dries. Though it does smell good... hrm. Does it smell any different than the smell of blood I am familiar with? Because I remember that smelling pretty disgusting, and something that I've had to smell a lot.

Is the church door still open? Did I catch any glimpses of the outside world through it if it's not anymore? What did I or can I see?

Do I have my watch or phone with me? What time is it?

Pick up a blood pack. What type of blood is it? Does it seem reputable? Where could it have been stolen from?

Do I feel cold? As in, touch my own forehead. Does it feel warm? Do I smell anything? Am I breathing? What does the hunger feel like? More like a mental craving, or a gut feeling?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 01:47:34 pm by Harry Baldman »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2014, 01:38:42 pm »

Allison groaned as stiff limbs unfolded. She sat up and looked at the blood pack in her hands until what he said actually pierced through.
"...what?!"
She stood up. She looked again at the blood pack in her hands, and her stomach churned, though in hunger or disgust she could not tell.
"Hold on a second here. You're saying I'm a vampire."
As if. She snorted.
"What, do I have fangs now or something?" She reached in her mouth to check and found two teeth rather more pointed than they were before.
"Oh."

She sat back down.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2014, 01:51:06 pm »

Alicia doesn't say anything. She isn't even listening. The cult was a means to an end and it was better to ignore whatever was said. She turns the bloodbag over in her hands again and again. Thing is, she'd ignore the whole vampire thing as just another stage of bullshit on part of the cult... but she knows it might not be bullshit. It's not just the hunger. Her heart isn't beating, and whatever happened between point A (Her passing out after another round of drinking at the bar) and point B (Stuck in a church with a ticker that wasn't moving) was awfully similar to the experience of dying. She wondered if she was one of the few people to die twice in their lives and survive both times. Problem was, the last time she pulled the Jesus act she woke up to a firefight. She had a feeling that her second resurrection would be about as peaceful. Thus, she decides to...
  • Get up. Being in a sitting position when shit goes wrong is a bad idea.
  • Look for exits, and calculate how fast it would be to get through them. Note, windows count as exits.
  • Take stock of inventory. Do I still have my guns, my bat, ammo for the guns, and hip flask?
  • Be prepared for anything. Don't think about my current state and the metaphysical implications thereof until I am certain I am able to block it out by excessive drinking.
  • If I still have my hip flask, see if I can still drink the contents of it. Sniff it first, just in case it's poisonous to vampires for some reason. If it is, cry, because this is going to be a long and sober eternity.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2014, 02:22:42 pm »

Alice comes to and surveys the scene. She thought this would be fun and though everything is really weird and she feels so hungry, it's at least more interesting than staying back in her dorm watching Netflix.

"Ah," she says, "thanks for the 'blood'."

As the man Marcus talks, the cogs start whirring.

This must be one of those hazing rituals. This vampire stuff is soooo coool. It's probably just tomato juice. With iron in it or something to give it that smell. Why am I so hungry? Ah screw it let's drink, I'm sure it's fine.

Overcome by a new sense of confidence, she unscrews the seal on the bloodpack and sucks it down

Hot damn that's some good tomato juice.

It was right about then that she noticed that she hadn't taken a breath the whole time.

"Hey guys, I think this vampire stuff is like totes for real! How cool is that?"

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2014, 04:59:03 pm »

Her derangement is Unbridled Confidence: she rolls resolve+composure each time she considers acting on first impulse and takes a -3 to any roll involving planning.

((Oh god, she has only one point in either of those stats. That's going to be fun.))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2014, 05:18:56 pm »

(I think a better term for that derangement would have been "Suicidal Overconfidence", at least in this situation. Also, in order not to ruin the nice color scheme we have going on here, I'm going to go with yellow for my voice.)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2014, 06:42:14 pm »

"Alice?" Allison says weakly. "Are you sure you should be drinking it?"
Of the people she knew in the cult, Alice was one of the best - they were both university students, and had got along decently.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2014, 07:11:38 pm »

Alice had never felt so alive as when she was drinking the blood. And now this strange new state. She had been looking for so long for her place in the world... she didn't think it would come with her death.

"Like, Allison, we're freakin vampires now," she says licking the last drops off her lips, "this stuff is hella delish, you should so DRINK some."

As she says 'drink', she looks into Allison's eyes and the word comes out unexpectedly charged...

[Command: +3 Intelligence -1 intimidate +1 dominate = 3d10 vs. Resolve 2 + Blood Potency 1 = 3d10]

((I guess we wait until Alleecat resolves that, or we could both roll, or someone else could roll for us? A 10 or a 9 is a success, roll an additional dice if you roll a 10, more successes is better.))

Spoiler: Dominate: Command (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10