Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1111672 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.42.06-r1
« Reply #4410 on: June 16, 2016, 08:05:08 pm »

Had no problems whit that alpha release yet. Thanks for your hard work.
Small sugestion, migrants-now could it get a added where you add a number behind and that amount of migrants arive?
Would it be possible to make a guests-now?
I thought guests flood in if you are near local civilization not a timer that spawns more folks wonder how the script would work when you are on a isolated island with no life near you in sight?
and which guests would it pull?
If the fort has been really, really isolated for a really, really long time... perhaps imaginary ones :)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: June 16, 2016, 10:02:36 pm »

The way migrants-now works is that it schedules a migrant wave for the next tick, and DF handles the rest. Among other things, this means that running it multiple times results in progressively-smaller waves, and eventually none at all. Also, if your home civ is dead, I don't think it will work either. If you really need more citizens, you could try spawnunit (or modtools/create-unit), although I'm not sure what its limitations are in the current version.

It's possible that guests are also a timed event, like migrants, just with a different type ID. I'm not sure if anyone has investigated that yet.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Mokkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: June 17, 2016, 01:01:02 am »

Had no problems whit that alpha release yet. Thanks for your hard work.
Small sugestion, migrants-now could it get a added where you add a number behind and that amount of migrants arive?
Would it be possible to make a guests-now?
I thought guests flood in if you are near local civilization not a timer that spawns more folks wonder how the script would work when you are on a isolated island with no life near you in sight?
and which guests would it pull?
I managed to put myself inrange of human trading, but it seems I managed to put myself outside of visitor range.. or the humans might be so desimated they do not have any to send as visitors..

The way migrants-now works is that it schedules a migrant wave for the next tick, and DF handles the rest. Among other things, this means that running it multiple times results in progressively-smaller waves, and eventually none at all. Also, if your home civ is dead, I don't think it will work either. If you really need more citizens, you could try spawnunit (or modtools/create-unit), although I'm not sure what its limitations are in the current version.

It's possible that guests are also a timed event, like migrants, just with a different type ID. I'm not sure if anyone has investigated that yet.
I guess that also takes into account things like deaths from rampaging FB near water source when I had run out of alcohol and not noticed.. And thats why I need more of the dwarves.. Ill test the spawnunit and see if it can help out.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: June 17, 2016, 01:47:45 pm »

Pls ignore
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 01:54:25 pm by Novel Scoops »
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: June 17, 2016, 01:51:10 pm »

All I've seen are shaven/combed/braided/double braided/pony tail/messy and very short/short/medium/long/very long/extremely long variations on facial and head hair, yes all of it, yes, I've played around and gotten someone who wore his moustache in a pony tail.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: June 17, 2016, 01:55:34 pm »

All I've seen are shaven/combed/braided/double braided/pony tail/messy and very short/short/medium/long/very long/extremely long variations on facial and head hair, yes all of it, yes, I've played around and gotten someone who wore his moustache in a pony tail.

Yeah your right, and i found the list to verify!
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Mokkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: June 19, 2016, 01:35:25 pm »

Sorry to bugger you about this again, but ehh, seems I just cant figure out the commands for after spawnunit to make them belong to my civ.
Tried spawnunit DWARF MALE (and some name here) and they apear as friendlys, and just mill about spawned point, nothing happened for ingame years, some of them I tried tweak make-own, they ran to the inn, but can not be given labors, and have not petitioned me..

Any idea? as the moodtools one whit added commands as -civId \\LOCAL do not seem to work.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: June 19, 2016, 02:52:08 pm »

...Any idea? as the moodtools one whit added commands as -civId \\LOCAL do not seem to work.

What you're describing sounds like what DFusion's "Friendship" plugin was for. (Which is gone now.) Have you tried makeown, part of the tweak plugin? That's what I would try.

The makeown part of the tweak plugin can "Force selected unit to become a member of your fort." This sounds reminiscent of Friendship...

Mokkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: June 19, 2016, 03:13:19 pm »

...Any idea? as the moodtools one whit added commands as -civId \\LOCAL do not seem to work.

What you're describing sounds like what DFusion's "Friendship" plugin was for. (Which is gone now.) Have you tried makeown, part of the tweak plugin? That's what I would try.

The makeown part of the tweak plugin can "Force selected unit to become a member of your fort." This sounds reminiscent of Friendship...
Yes, this is the one who lets them run to the tavern instead of milling where spawned. they do claim a bed in one of the rooms "given" to the tavern. they just do not petition to join me so I can give jobs.

Just remembered something. I had some stuck Humans from a caravan, whit the tweak makeown, they ran to the tavern, and a month or so (ingame) later they petitioned to join, so technically it should work..
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 03:17:06 pm by Mokkun »

Vitellus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: June 19, 2016, 04:39:16 pm »

Thanks for all the hard work you folks do!
Perfecting the art of limb removal since U.C. 214

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: June 19, 2016, 11:21:54 pm »

dfusion friendship was that and Migrants come in variation of races also minor bug of giving everyone dragon breath.
...still wish for that different race migrants to comeback.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: June 20, 2016, 03:02:30 am »

Hah, dfhack pre-release for 43.03 hits, today we get word that Toady was intending to release but had a couple problems so it should be out tomorrow, gotta love it.

Williham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: June 20, 2016, 04:55:06 am »

Hah, dfhack pre-release for 43.03 hits, today we get word that Toady was intending to release but had a couple problems so it should be out tomorrow, gotta love it.

Every Armok damned time.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: June 20, 2016, 11:01:55 pm »

Will we get another release before we start working on the new version?

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: June 20, 2016, 11:41:22 pm »

Will we get another release before we start working on the new version?
The compiler changed so it's very possible.
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 360