Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1111159 times)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r5
« Reply #4140 on: April 19, 2016, 02:04:15 pm »

A few questions:

1. If moods are turned to off, can I still trigger strange moods with the dfhack strangemood command?
2. Is it possible to assign burrows with dfhack? For example, if I wanted to create a civilization that automatically made burrows around certain buildings?
3. Has interaction-trigger been updated to include self targeting interactions like would be found with [USAGE_HINT:FLEEING]?
4. If I have a syndrome that transforms a unit (or transform a unit via the script) and they drop their items, will item-trigger trigger?
5. Can addReactionToShop be used to add reactions to custom buildings? And can default reactions (like butcher animal or melt item) be added to different buildings?
6. Does addReactionToShop need to be run each time you load a save?

PS: I think the description here for hfs_pit command has a type. When describing the examples they both say that they have stairs but no walls, I believe one should say walls but no stairs.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: April 19, 2016, 04:50:37 pm »

I'm not a developer, just a user. I was just wondering if the latest version of DFHack will eventually be upgraded to full release with the original thread changed. I apologize if this has been asked already, and yes I've seen the pre-release versions that work for the latest version of DF. I'm just curious if they'll ever stop being pre-release versions.
Of course they will - the point of prereleases is to make testing easier before making a more stable release. I'm hoping to do a stable release in a few days, but I'll have to see when I have time for it. (I also don't have the ability to edit this forum post, when that happens, so it could be delayed a bit.)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: April 19, 2016, 07:50:17 pm »

I'm not a developer, just a user. I was just wondering if the latest version of DFHack will eventually be upgraded to full release with the original thread changed. I apologize if this has been asked already, and yes I've seen the pre-release versions that work for the latest version of DF. I'm just curious if they'll ever stop being pre-release versions.
If you're sufficiently warned, select the text in pre-release-warning.lua and delete it then save the blank file. It won't break the stuff that looks for it that way.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: April 19, 2016, 08:04:51 pm »

Not sure if that warning was an issue, but in the latest DFHack release, there's a "don't show this warning again" option in the dialog.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: April 19, 2016, 09:42:52 pm »

Ah, I hadn't noticed that, whenever I install a new version I swap over some of my personal scripts, replace gm-editor and advfort with my versions, and then I just saved the pre-release as empty.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: April 20, 2016, 01:54:59 pm »

I also cannot seem to make certain reaction-trigger stuff work, though for some reason it didn't appear in the output.

I think I managed to find what's wrong, but don't have the knowledge to fix it so I must, again, ask for help here. I am pretty sure that random-trigger cannot read \\WORKER_ID from the instance reaction-trigger that is calling it and, as such, fails. Is there any way for the random events of random-trigger affect whatever unit is running the reaction?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: April 21, 2016, 11:53:48 am »

I also cannot seem to make certain reaction-trigger stuff work, though for some reason it didn't appear in the output.

I think I managed to find what's wrong, but don't have the knowledge to fix it so I must, again, ask for help here. I am pretty sure that random-trigger cannot read \\WORKER_ID from the instance reaction-trigger that is calling it and, as such, fails. Is there any way for the random events of random-trigger affect whatever unit is running the reaction?
Well, nevermind it all. I managed to find a way around that.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: April 21, 2016, 02:03:39 pm »

A few questions:

1. If moods are turned to off, can I still trigger strange moods with the dfhack strangemood command?
2. Is it possible to assign burrows with dfhack? For example, if I wanted to create a civilization that automatically made burrows around certain buildings?
3. Has interaction-trigger been updated to include self targeting interactions like would be found with [USAGE_HINT:FLEEING]?
4. If I have a syndrome that transforms a unit (or transform a unit via the script) and they drop their items, will item-trigger trigger?
5. Can addReactionToShop be used to add reactions to custom buildings? And can default reactions (like butcher animal or melt item) be added to different buildings?
6. Does addReactionToShop need to be run each time you load a save?

PS: I think the description here for hfs_pit command has a type. When describing the examples they both say that they have stairs but no walls, I believe one should say walls but no stairs.

Re-quoting this just to see if anyone has any knowledge to share. But the real reason I am posting is because I had a dream about DF last night and came up with two new ideas for future projects and wanted to check on their feasibility. So here's the pitch;

1. An Expedition system. Right now I have a couple scripts that allow dwarfs to "leave" the fortress on predefined "missions", but what I am hoping to do is to actually influence the world instead of just arbitrary things. What I want is to recreate the embark location screen, except most of the world is covered in "fog of war" so that you only know where you are, where your home civilization's cities are, and where any allies/traders cities are. You can then send out explorers to reveal more of the map (other cities, monster lairs, caverns, features, etc...). Once discovered you could send scouts to see what kind of threat there is and then send adventurers to go and loot/raid/siege/trade/etc...

Now this sounds like a major endeavor, but most of the needed code I have already in some way/shape/form, the complication is how to get said screen. I have tried just copying the screen and then displaying it later, but that causes crashes. I could read the world information and recreate it from scratch, but I'm not entirely sure if that would work. Has anyone thought about accessing the world map from a fortress?

For reference this is the screen I am talking about.

2. Multistory buildings. It seems silly to continue to have single story only buildings. Now I already have a script that requires a certain amount of open space above a building (it works the same way outside-only does, if you try to build the building without n z-levels of open space above it, it will instantly deconstruct the building), and we have other scripts that will create buildings, so my thought is, what if you created multiple BUILDING raws, say CATHEDRAL_FLOOR_1, CATHEDRAL_FLOOR_2, CATHEDRAL_FLOOR_3, etc... Then when you build CATHEDRAL_BASE the game also construct the other building floors above that one. You could even tie their building into different phases of the CATHEDRAL_BASE building. Now of course you wouldn't be able to use the other floors for any reactions, but it would be something at least.

The only problem I foresee about this is, is it possible to construct a building (with DFHack) in the middle of the air?

Any thoughts on either idea?

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: April 22, 2016, 01:18:18 am »

I'm not good with understanding code stuff entirely. Currently I'm trying to use the full-heal command to resurrect a dead being in the arena. I just lack the info of how to put the creature's ID after full-heal command.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: April 22, 2016, 05:52:05 pm »

You could just select the dead unit in the units list (under the dead/missing tab) and run full-heal without arguments.

If you want the unit ID, there are several ways to get that, including:
- Run ":lua ~dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit().id" with the unit selected (or ":lua !dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit().id", or ":lua print(dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit().id)", etc.). This won't work for dead units unless you select them in the list, which is kind of pointless since full-heal works from that list too.
- Run "gui/gm-editor unit" with the unit selected and look for the "id" field.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: April 22, 2016, 06:09:18 pm »

You could just select the dead unit in the units list (under the dead/missing tab) and run full-heal without arguments.

If you want the unit ID, there are several ways to get that, including:
- Run ":lua ~dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit().id" with the unit selected (or ":lua !dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit().id", or ":lua print(dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit().id)", etc.). This won't work for dead units unless you select them in the list, which is kind of pointless since full-heal works from that list too.
- Run "gui/gm-editor unit" with the unit selected and look for the "id" field.

Thanks but I still don't understand how am I supposed to select a dead unit, I know the ID of the unit but not how to punch in the code so it works, nothing I've tried works. An example would help of full-heal and gui/gm-editor unit commands in action so my stupid self would understand what I need to do in terms of function icons ranging from '!', '[', '{', '/', to '=', and etc. Sorry for being a complete inept with this but if I try too hard I just end up feeling like breaking something.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: April 22, 2016, 06:34:03 pm »

I'm actually interested in knowing too.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: April 22, 2016, 07:06:54 pm »

If you know the unit's ID, you just punch in the unit's ID.

-unit ID

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: April 22, 2016, 07:15:14 pm »

If you know the unit's ID, you just punch in the unit's ID.

-unit ID

Didn't work, the unit stayed dead in the arena

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: April 22, 2016, 07:37:35 pm »

Are you making sure to include the -r argument?

You can use -help to get argument help. If that doesn't work for any command, make an issue of it.
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 360