Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1111465 times)

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r5
« Reply #3660 on: January 24, 2016, 04:15:17 pm »

Does anyone have a save in 40.24 that has invaders in it? Preferably with merchants at the same time, although not necessary.

I hope that my savegame can be of service. Human siege, no merchants. I saved it the very first moment they spawned on the map.

Haven't unpaused it before the save. This siege did not start with the usual black screen "A vile force of darkness has arrived!" but with a popup "The enemy have come and are laying siege to the fortress."

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11700
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: January 24, 2016, 05:58:36 pm »

Does anyone have a save in 40.24 that has invaders in it? Preferably with merchants at the same time, although not necessary.

I hope that my savegame can be of service. Human siege, no merchants. I saved it the very first moment they spawned on the map.

Haven't unpaused it before the save. This siege did not start with the usual black screen "A vile force of darkness has arrived!" but with a popup "The enemy have come and are laying siege to the fortress."

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11700

Indeed it does, especially since you have a couple goblins from a previous invasion trapped and two forgotten beasts. The first thing I notice (besides coward being set true for some and not for others) in the unit.enemy table anon_6, anon_7, and anon_8 are set different for each invasion, with anon_8 being userdata. And unk_874_cntr is set to one value for invaders and another for other things. The trick now is figuring out why they are what they are. For one invasion its
Code: [Select]
anon_6 = 1935455
anon_7 = 570428152
while an earlier one is
anon_6 = 1675531
anon_7 = 570414840
Can't seem to find any reason

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #3662 on: January 25, 2016, 11:28:16 am »

If you need some more, here is a savegame with some merchants now. The caged goblins and forgotten beasts are still there.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11706
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

Kha

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
"Spawn" insect colony
« Reply #3663 on: January 27, 2016, 10:49:14 am »

DISCLAIMER: I do not really know much about what I am doing here, but it works. BackUp your saves either way. If my method is old news or outdated, ignore this post, but a search just turned up two people asking and nobody answering.
DF Version:  PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.42.04-r03 with DFHack 0.42.04-alpha2
GOAL: Get a bee (or other) colony on your embark site where no colonies are present.

1) Colonies are vermin with the 'is_colony' flag set to TRUE.
2) My understanding is that DFHack currently can create units and items, but no vermin. So we take an existing vermin and change it into a colony.
3) DFHack command:
gui/gm-editor "world.vermin" => all. (Or just "world", there is a lot resources for !!SCIENCE!! right there)
4) Choosing the vermin: As far as my knowledge goes any vermin with a set countdown will do, as it would disappear afterwards anyway
5) Set vermin values:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
6) my beekeepers somehow only recognize the newly "build" colony once I savequit and reload the game, so do that (after BACKUP, remember this is all experimental)

That´s it. Good luck and thanks to the DFHack team for providing us with such a powerful tool as gm-editor.

EDIT: I realize this is the 0.40.24 thread, but it should work in all DFHack versions with the gm-editor and there is no 0.42.04 thread yet
EDIT2: expressed goal more explicit
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 03:48:54 pm by Kha »

Njals

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: January 27, 2016, 12:41:19 pm »

Hi guys, thanks for the great work! Is it possible to use .04 alpha with .05? Or just build version from https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/tree/develop ?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: January 27, 2016, 01:23:28 pm »

DFHack versions will never work with newer DF versions than what they're named after (so DFHack 0.42.04-anything will not work with DF versions newer than 0.42.04). You can build from there, but read the compilation instructions (in particular, run "git submodule update" after you check out the develop branch).

About that - has anyone tested DFHack with 0.42.05? I haven't had time to do much testing recently, but I didn't notice any changes in the brief time I did get to test it. I'm able to put together an alpha release today, but my main concern is that it'll be inadequately tested and pushed out to people who aren't interested in testing.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 01:27:52 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

funkydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: January 27, 2016, 02:35:35 pm »

I been using a windows build of develop branch I downloaded with an unofficial prebuild of twbt. I think it's in the twbt thread from mid/late last week, in a spoiler tagpostered offered up twbt alone or with his dfhack build. I was pleased cause my windows development environment is still not working, although my Linux box is fine(need windows to play at work shhhh)

It works great for twbt, prospect, and reveal...I tried a quick save during a brain fart and it corrupted the save...but no crashed or any hiccups at all with my limited use...
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 02:38:02 pm by funkydwarf »

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: January 27, 2016, 02:38:58 pm »

I did a linux build from the develop branch yesterday. It seems to work, but I haven't been using it very long. But it doesn't blow up immediately. :)
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: January 27, 2016, 02:53:09 pm »

I tried a quick save during a brain fart and it corrupted the save
What does that mean? If quicksave is causing corruption, that's a serious problem.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

sv-esk

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry for my bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: January 27, 2016, 03:45:13 pm »

I did a linux build from the develop branch with my additions 9 days ago. It seems to work fine. Used quicksave - no corruption/crashes encountered.
job-duplicate or workshop-job seems to cause minor problem sometimes - dwarves wont pickup jobs from workshop(probably old problem - havenot used it in older versions). Built-in DwarfTherapist works with dwarves, not citizens - its annoying(0.42.01 problem).
And question about my commits nevermind
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 04:28:23 am by sv-esk »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: "Spawn" insect colony
« Reply #3670 on: January 27, 2016, 06:36:52 pm »

GOAL: Get a bee (or other colony) on your embark site.

2) My understanding is that DFHack currently can create units and items, but no vermin. So we take an existing vermin and change it into a colony.

https://dfhack.readthedocs.org/en/stable/docs/Plugins.html#colonies

There's a plugin for that!  (It would be great if we could also spawn colonies, but nobody knows how)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

funkydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: January 27, 2016, 11:26:49 pm »

It means I just wanted dfhack to cheat my way to a nice iron embark and knew that even if I got that build to work, I knew I shouldn't use the quicksave feature. Not knowing if dfhack merely initiated a df native save process or if it nuts and bolts wrote wrote a save file, I "decided" to only use prospect and reveal. However, I had a brain Fart and my fingers shot out to the quick save key combo and crash and corruption as I expected.

I figured it was a super early dev build and I should expect that sort of thing,and since it was the expected behavior, the armegeddeon of yet another digital world...that's not really a hiccup to me. But rereading my post its pretty funny. 

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: January 27, 2016, 11:29:06 pm »

It's not expected at all. What DF/DFHack version was that? quicksave sets a single native DF flag that causes DF to save on its own. Are you saying the save was permanently corrupted (i.e. it wouldn't load)? Did you terminate DF while it was saving?

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: January 28, 2016, 12:01:59 am »

I just realized i've played 10 years fortress without DFHack!
Even prospecting can be done with savescumming.

The only thing that now absent without варфсл and i'm regret of is the search among those so mant different names.
And the designations to chop/dig. It's so sad DF can't designate to chop trees in 'k' mode.
Finis sanctificat media.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
Re: "Spawn" insect colony
« Reply #3674 on: January 28, 2016, 08:42:54 am »

GOAL: Get a bee (or other colony) on your embark site.

https://dfhack.readthedocs.org/en/stable/docs/Plugins.html#colonies

There's a plugin for that!  (It would be great if we could also spawn colonies, but nobody knows how)
I might know... I had a script for that i think...
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 360